Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most annoying passenger you've encountered?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
For being Russian? On the bright side, he wasn't French or Lebanese...
Can't call a Lebanese a Lebanese on FT, watch your language.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by geirfugl
This guy declined an offer to make a flight more comfy for both of us because he wanted the 2 seater to himself and understood that I would mowe to the empty seats in the centre 4 seater,thats realy ...... behaviour to me,for once I aplaud TK cabin crew!!When I asked him abouth doing the obvious thing which was to mowe to the empty seats he started muttering abouth liking it better where he was,(and I stress that he would have had an empty seat next to himself) knowing that I would mowe before anybody else would do the same,offcs as I mowed to the middle section he imediatelly headed for the window of the 2 seater,the best place in coach on a 2-4-2 if there is nobody in the aisle seat(that is baring the unlikely event of getting a whole 4 seater to yourself,offcs.)-thats ...... behaviour to me,if ever anything is!!! But,offcs,you might disgree,thats OK.
So it was rude of him to not want to switch, but ok for you to encourage him to switch and keep your seat? Maybe the guy really wanted a better view out of the window than he would have had from the center section. Maybe he wanted to be able to reach the overhead panel without standing up (I recall that on some of the Boeing widebodies, you can't reach the A/C from the seat without standing up; don't recall if that's an issue on Airbus widebodies). Whatever the reason, he didn't want to move, and that's perfectly within his rights.

In short, you wanted the pair of seats to yourself, as did he. It was ok for you to encourage him to move, but not ok for him to refuse. It was also ok for him to be punished (for lack of a better word) for his choice, when apparently everyone got what they wanted--you got a row to yourself, he got a pair of seats to himself.

Hope I'm not seated next to you in the future.

ETA: looking back at your post, I'm at a complete loss as to why you feel slighted. You decided you wanted the extra space in the middle section more than you wanted the window. End of story. And yet you decided that the other passenger committed some egregious act. I don't understand.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The guy that sat next to me on a ATL-AMS flight who was telling me that on his last flight he spilled a glass of wine on the person sitting next to him on his previous. While holding a glass of wine...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
So if he'd accepted your suggestion, then it would be perfectly acceptable for him to call you a scumbag? (BTW, you cannot write curse words in FT posts. They get stripped out.)
No,offcs not,its just a fact that he did this to get the 2 seater thats the best place on the plane istead of getting a better seat than what he had,and he did it by gambling on me mowing,that should be pretty obvious.

Seen plenty of curse words on here,but if anybody feels like it remove them,its OK with this here damnable norskie,sorry bout the reference to Russia though,thats not realy relevant to the story,although to a Turkish flight crew Im sorry to say it might be,thats life!!

BTW : Im fairly familiar with the Republic of Lebanon,spent quite a bit of time there wearing a blue hat some years ago.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by brendog
It's a toss-up between the guy who puked on me on an IAD-PVD takeoff roll or the wasted financial planner on an IAD-RDU run who bragged about going to visit his mistress and who kept asking about my finances.
You should of told him you were going to visit his wife with your millions!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=Jenbel;23736685]The guys on an early morning MAN-CDG flight who decided to explain the intricacies of dogging to me, and asked if I wanted to partake in a spit roast......

QUOTE]

lol
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband annoys the crap out of me. When the flight attendant is trying to talk to him he often doesn't take his headphones off. You know she is trying to talk to you and it not just gazing at you for fun. I am always telling him of.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
So it was rude of him to not want to switch, but ok for you to encourage him to switch and keep your seat? Maybe the guy really wanted a better view out of the window than he would have had from the center section. Maybe he wanted to be able to reach the overhead panel without standing up (I recall that on some of the Boeing widebodies, you can't reach the A/C from the seat without standing up; don't recall if that's an issue on Airbus widebodies). Whatever the reason, he didn't want to move, and that's perfectly within his rights.

In short, you wanted the pair of seats to yourself, as did he. It was ok for you to encourage him to move, but not ok for him to refuse. It was also ok for him to be punished (for lack of a better word) for his choice, when apparently everyone got what they wanted--you got a row to yourself, he got a pair of seats to himself.

Hope I'm not seated next to you in the future.

ETA: looking back at your post, I'm at a complete loss as to why you feel slighted. You decided you wanted the extra space in the middle section more than you wanted the window. End of story. And yet you decided that the other passenger committed some egregious act. I don't understand.
He got a row of 2 seats to himself,I did not,although I did get an empty seat next to myself,he got it by gambling on me mowing bcs evrybody wants an empty seat next to himself,I find that highly questionable behaviour,but as I said we might disagree on that,I actually thought abouth not mowing,he would probably have mowed,so you might say I chickened out I would have thought that most people do not like games like this,but,maybe Im wrong.The FAs certainly did not,for once!!

I actually thought abouth mowing into my asigned seat for an hour or 2 severall times,but I sort of took pity on him seing him strugling with the IFE boxes taking up most of his legroom,it would have been to cruel,dont you agree?

Last edited by geirfugl; Oct 26, 2014 at 8:44 pm
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Astonished that it slipped through the profanity filter...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:42 pm

I hate the passengers who stand there at the checkin line or gate asking the agent 101 questions when all I have is my bags, itinerary and passports ready to go.

I also don't like the passengers who ask the flight attendants why they did not get their special meal after being told they did not load it and they were sorry.

Oh and this passenger who thinks its ok to watch his movies on the IPAD with no headphones.

The passenger in front of me reclines the seat all the way back when I turn around and warn the passenger in back of me that I want to recline. In fact I barely recline my seat.

Oh and this one annoying passenger thought it was cool to grab a full bottle of Vodka and help himself by pouring it into waterbottles. He was caught and sure made a fool of himself as he had to be reseated and met by local authorities when we landed. He kept yelling"Salud Salud Salud" the entire way off the plane.

And this kid who thought it was fun to keep ringing the flight attendant call button. The flight attendant had a stern word with the kid and parents as people we're trying to sleep.

And a classic one this oddball passenger thought it would be fun to open up some ports on the Inflight Internet proxy and download some large files. The flight attendant turns off the system when she notices the slowdown as she sees that a passenger is downloading large amounts of data and opened up some ports on the system. So the passenger gets up and yells" Who in the F turned off the internet I need this file for my work".
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
I hope both of these are one-offs:

A few weeks ago there was a pair a few rows behind me recording a podcast for the first half of the flight (radio-show style) at a relatively high volume.

On a TPAC flight a few months ago I sat next to a guy with atrocious breath who slept the whole way with his mouth open. After a while I got the air vents angled so that it blew the odor to the empty seat on his other side.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Forgive my ignorance but you'll have to explain this one to me?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 pm

Kids who are uncontrollable and the parents who pay no attention to them.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by brendog
The shortcomings of the Frogs and the Russkies are scientifically proven, but 98% of Americans are too stupid to even locate Lebanon on a map, so it is dangerous to make fun of people who may or may not be white in their meager knowledge.
Ahh. OK it all makes sense now. Thanks for Voxsplaining it to me. As a stupid dumb imperialist ethnocentric American, it helps me understand this big wide world.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:12 pm

Drunk Scottish stag party guy who played graba** with FAs and random female passengers until he was told he'd be kicked off the plane if he didn't stop.

Tied with drunk guy in aisle seat who spent the opening half hour of a 9 hour TATL flight verbally abusing the guy two seats over (the middle seat was empty and I think that guy's crime was objecting to having the belligerent drunk's feet intruding on his seat). The drunk guy then was less than polite to the FA who came to talk to him. Eventually they moved the other guy and drunk guy had the whole row for himself and slept through the rest of the flight. Goes to show that being an a-hole does have its perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.