FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1282073-old-timers-airline-quiz-discussion.html)

Seat 2A Sep 11, 2012 12:44 pm

No fine wines or beers to power me through these questions this morning, but I am enjoying a delicious blend of dark-roasted Sumatran and Colombian coffee. Snow has affected operations over the last couple of days on the only road leading into Denali Park, but here in the spruce forests outside of Fairbanks, Alaska it's presently sunny and 38 degrees. This afternoon its off to put in a couple hours vounteering at the local food bank, then back to Denali tomorrow for my final two runs of the season - if the weather allows!

1) In the winter of 1962, this airline operated jet service once a week between San Francisco (SFO) and Caracas (CCS). There were three (3) intermediate stops en route. Name the airline and the equipment flown on the route. And for bonus points, also identify all three intermediate stops.

I'm thinking it may have been Delta on the old C&S routing which, if originated in SFO might have taken a standard DC-8 via New Orleans, Havana and Kingston. But wait! U.S. airlines wouldn't have been flying into Cuba in 1962, so let's try SF0-DFW-MSY-KIN-CCS with the DC-8.

3) This air carrier pioneered the first jet service between Birmingham, AL (BHM) and Mobile, AL (MOB) in the early 1960's. Name the airline and identify the jet aircraft type.

I want to say Delta but that just seems too obvious. Southern didn't yet have jets and I don't think Eastern served Mobile, but United had a pretty good presence in Birmingham so I'm gonna go with United, flying into MOB with a Caravelle.

9) What airline was operating the only nonstop jet service from Knoxville (TYS) to Memphis (MEM) at this time? Also identify the aircraft type.

It seems like United and American used to fly all over Tennessee from Memphis back then. It's one or the other. United still flew alot of DC-6s back then, but since you mentioned jet let's go with American using a 727-100.

19) In January of 1985, this airline was operating daily roundtrip jet service between Albuquerque (ABQ) and Durango, CO (DRO). Identify the airline and the jet equipment they flew on the route.

Could this have been American, using an MD-80?

21) Also in February of 1985, this airline was operating daily wide body jet service nonstop between Oakland (OAK) and Kansas City (MCI). Identify the air carrier and the aircraft type.

Only because they were based out of Oakland, I'd have to go with World Airways. Also, didn't World have some interest in a company called Skybus that operated 727-100s out of Kansas City? I'm not sure of the timeline, but the mid-eighties sounds about right.

jlemon Sep 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A (Post 19296008)
No fine wines or beers to power me through these questions this morning, but I am enjoying a delicious blend of dark-roasted Sumatran and Colombian coffee. Snow has affected operations over the last couple of days on the only road leading into Denali Park, but here in the spruce forests outside of Fairbanks, Alaska it's presently sunny and 38 degrees. This afternoon its off to put in a couple hours vounteering at the local food bank, then back to Denali tomorrow for my final two runs of the season - if the weather allows!

1) In the winter of 1962, this airline operated jet service once a week between San Francisco (SFO) and Caracas (CCS). There were three (3) intermediate stops en route. Name the airline and the equipment flown on the route. And for bonus points, also identify all three intermediate stops.

I'm thinking it may have been Delta on the old C&S routing which, if originated in SFO might have taken a standard DC-8 via New Orleans, Havana and Kingston. But wait! U.S. airlines wouldn't have been flying into Cuba in 1962, so let's try SF0-DFW-MSY-KIN-CCS with the DC-8.

3) This air carrier pioneered the first jet service between Birmingham, AL (BHM) and Mobile, AL (MOB) in the early 1960's. Name the airline and identify the jet aircraft type.

I want to say Delta but that just seems too obvious. Southern didn't yet have jets and I don't think Eastern served Mobile, but United had a pretty good presence in Birmingham so I'm gonna go with United, flying into MOB with a Caravelle.

9) What airline was operating the only nonstop jet service from Knoxville (TYS) to Memphis (MEM) at this time? Also identify the aircraft type.

It seems like United and American used to fly all over Tennessee from Memphis back then. It's one or the other. United still flew alot of DC-6s back then, but since you mentioned jet let's go with American using a 727-100.

19) In January of 1985, this airline was operating daily roundtrip jet service between Albuquerque (ABQ) and Durango, CO (DRO). Identify the airline and the jet equipment they flew on the route.

Could this have been American, using an MD-80?

21) Also in February of 1985, this airline was operating daily wide body jet service nonstop between Oakland (OAK) and Kansas City (MCI). Identify the air carrier and the aircraft type.

Only because they were based out of Oakland, I'd have to go with World Airways. Also, didn't World have some interest in a company called Skybus that operated 727-100s out of Kansas City? I'm not sure of the timeline, but the mid-eighties sounds about right.

1) An excellent guess! The airline was indeed Delta, although the actual details are just a bit different with regard to your answer. Of course, DFW was not yet in existence but Dallas Love Field (DAL) certainly was! Here's the routing:

DL 892: SFO-DAL-MSY-MBJ-CCS Equip: Convair 880 Remarks: operated only on Fridays

One of the stops was Montego Bay and thus not Kingston but you got the island right!

So what did the DL Convair 880 do the rest of the week? Here's the answer:

DL 890: SFO-DAL-MSY-ATL-BAL-PHL Remarks: operated daily except Fridays

The same schedule with regard to departure and arrival times was flown by DL 890/892 from SFO to DAL to MSY.

3) Correct! UA operated a daily roundtrip flight with the Caravelle on a routing of EWR-BHM-MOB. And United was also flying a Vickers Viscount along with two Douglas DC-6B departures from MOB at this time for a total of four flights a day.

9) AA is correct with the B727-100! The actual routing was TYS-MEM-DFW.

19) Actually, America West (HP) with a B737-200 flying a daily roundtrip routing of PHX-DRO-ABQ.....

21) World Airways is correct flying a daily roundtrip routing of OAK-MCI-EWR with a DC-10!

Seat 2A Sep 11, 2012 7:45 pm

I N T E R E S T I N G ...

This thread has had 105 "hits" in the past two hours. Last night at about midnight Alaska time, I wrote down the total number of "hits" at 51154. Today, as of 5:45pm, the total stands at 51563. That's 409 times that someone has clicked on this thread to assumedly check it out but only five postings have been recorded in that time. Like I said, interesting...

I'm going to make an attempt at a couple more of jlemon's fine but challenging questions later this evening when I return to Denali. As well, I've come up with an additional twenty-five questions, many of them dealing with service and history. And now, back to Denali. Mush on, you malemutes!

Seat 2A Sep 12, 2012 12:28 am

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 19278897)

4) In the summer of 1968, Trans-Texas Airways (TTa) was operating their new DC-9-10 jets to seven (7) destinations nonstopfrom Dallas Love Field (DAL). Identify all seven destinations.

I don't actually know where TTA flew pre-TI days, but I'm gonna have a stab at the larger cities of Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, San Antonio and... Midland.

26) In June of 1999, two airlines were fiercely competing on the Dallas Love Field (DAL)-Austin (AUS) route. One of these airlines was Southwest, of course, which still flies DAL-AUS to this day. But who was the other airline, what type of aircraft did they fly on the route and what was the combined total number of flights operated every weekday by the two carriers from DAL to AUS?

Again, strictly a guess but American certainly had the resources to battle it out at DAL and if they did so, my guess is they would have done so with a Fokker F100, which was the aircraft they used to compete with Legend Airlines the next year.

Seat 2A Sep 12, 2012 1:03 am

I recognize that jlemon still has five (or more if my answers are wrong) unanswered questions. Normally I would wait until they've all been answered, but as those five have remained unanswered this long combined with jlemon's stated desire to take a well deserved break from coming up with further questions for a bit, I've decided in the interests of continuity to post the twenty-six questions that I came up with now because I'll not have internet access over the next three, possibly four days. Ultimately, that may be a moot point depending upon the response to these questions but for any and all that do get answered I would hope to be able to address the answers by Saturday.

1. Which airline based in the western U.S. airline marketed its DC-3s as “Scenicliners”?

2. Which airline advertised “Steak and Karats” on some of its longer meal flights?

3. This U.S. airline operated “Mercury Service” on its piston engine powered flights across America. Identify the airline and aircraft used.

4. In January of 1973, how many daily 747s were scheduled on nonstop flights between New York and Los Angeles? Which airlines operated them?

5. This airline’s Hawaiian flights featured food and drinks from Don The Beachcomber restaurants.

6. Which airline operated over the “Route of the Dixieliners”?

7. In 1968, this airline offered 45 minute “Champagne Flights” over Chicago for just $10.00. The flights would depart each Saturday evening at 8:45pm. Name the airline and the aircraft used for these flights.

8. Which airlines’ inflight magazine was called “Sundancer”

9. This airline’s ads used to refer to it as “America’s Gold Carpet Airline”

10. What U.S. airline was the launch customer for the Convair 880? Additionally, what was the second U.S. airline to place the 880 into service? And the third?

The following seven questions (11-17) are based upon schedules published in the December 15, 1990 OAG

11. Name the nine cities that United operated DC-10s into Denver from.

12. The New York to Denver market was served by four airlines. We all know about United, TWA and Continental. Name the other airline and the aircraft used that also served this route.

13. This airline provided a single daily jet flight between Denver and Steamboat Springs, CO. Name the airline and the equipment used.

14. Today, Alaska is the only airline offering jet service between Anchorage and Fairbanks. Back in 1990 four airlines served this route. Name those airlines.

15. Name the eight airlines that offered daily nonstop service between Los Angeles and Honolulu.

16. Name the five foreign airlines that provided nonstop – though not necessarily daily – service between Montreal and New York.

17. Name the nine Colorado cities that were served by jets as of 12/15/1990.

18. What was the first airline in the world to board one million passengers in one city in one month? See if you can figure out which city as well.

19. Through the sixties, many airlines proudly touted becoming an all-jet fleet. What was the first airline to operate an “all-Turbofan Fleet” and in what year was this accomplished?

20. Which airline was the launch customer for Boeing’s 717?

21. Founded back in 1997 as WestJet Express in Enterprise, Nevada, this airline took on its new name and operating certificate in 1998, after a trademark dispute with West Jet Air Center of Rapid City, South Dakota.

22. As of February 1986, this airline was paying over $700,000 in interest each day before it even sold a ticket, fueled or boarded a single aircraft.

23. What was the first U.S. airline to charge a fee for each checked bag?

24. On January 29, 1973 this airline hired the only Tuskegee Airman to become a commercial passenger airline pilot. On that same day, this same airline also hired the first female pilot for any U.S. commercial airline. What airline was this?

25. On July 2nd, 1982, this U.S. airline became the first to operate a jet flight flown by an all-female crew – Captain, First Officer and three Flight Attendants. Which airline was this? What type of aircraft was it?

26. This airline’s president was famously pictured brandishing a pistol from the back stairway of his airline’s 727 while fending off soldiers attempting to squeeze aboard his jet as it was attempting to depart Da Nang with a load of orphaned Vietnamese children bound for Saigon and on to the U.S. Name the airline and its president, and I’ll supply further detail if needed with my answer. It’s a great story!

cs57 Sep 12, 2012 5:24 am

26) The airline was World Airways, and the president was Edward Daly. It is indeed quite a story, and besides that, World Airways has enjoyed a colorful history since Daly bought the airline in 1950.

jlemon Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Here's how Seat 2A did with regard to his latest answers in post #1729:

4) With regard to nonstop DC-9-10 routes operated by Trans-Texas Airways (TTa) from Dallas Love Field (DAL) in the summer of 1968, Austin (AUS), Houston Hobby (HOU) and Midland/Odessa (MAF) are correct!

However, Amarillo (AMA), Corpus Christi (CRP), Lubbock (LBB) and San Antonio (SAT) are incorrect (although TT did serve CRP and SAT with the DC-9 on a onestop basis from DAL at this time).....so that leaves four destinations to go!

26) Please see my detailed response to this quiz item in post #1708..... the total combined number of flights operated with mainline jet equipment between DAL and AUS as well DFW and AUS at this time was surprising!

jlemon Sep 12, 2012 11:52 am

Glad to see Seat 2A's questions!

17. Name the nine Colorado cities that were served by jets as of 12/15/90.

Well, heck, some of these places on the western slope of the Rockies in colorful Colorado can hardly be called "cities" by any stretch of the imagination....but they did have seasonal jet service that coincided with the ski season!

1) Aspen (ASE)

2) Colorado Springs (COS)

3) Denver (DEN)

4) Durango (DRO)

5) Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), which is the closest airline jetport to Vail.

6) Grand Junction (GJT)

7) Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC)

8) Montrose (MTJ), which is the closest airline jetport to Telluride.....although TEX does have scheduled turboprop service at present.

9) Yampa Valley Airport (HDN), located near Hayden and also the closest airline jetport to Steamboat Springs....although many years ago SBS did have scheduled service operated by Rocky Mountain Airways with Dash 7 STOL turboprops.

BTW, Pueblo (PUB) did have scheduled jet service provided in the past by the original Frontier (FL) and also by TWA (TW) and America West (HP); however, jet service to PUB was long gone by late in 1990......and I do not think Allegiant (G4) had begun MD-80 service by that time into Ft. Collins (FNL).

jlemon Sep 12, 2012 1:58 pm

12. The New York to Denver market was served by four airlines. We all know about United, TWA and Continental. Name the other airline and the aircraft used that also served this route.

Hmmmmm.....could it have been Pan Am with a B727-200 JFK-DEN?

jlemon Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

Happy Friday everyone!

Time to answer some questions I posed awhile back, I think.....

"In the fall of 1979, four (4) different airlines provided nonstop service from Montreal Mirabel (YMX) to New York JFK. Name all four airlines and the respective aircraft types they operated on the route."

Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) 325 operating on Wednesdays only with a Boeing 707

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) 015 operating on Tuesdays and Fridays only with an Ilyushin IL-62

Royal Air Maroc (AT) 203 operating on Tuesdays and Sundays only with a Boeing 707

CSA Czech Airlines (OK) 598 operating on Thursdays only with an Ilyushin IL-62

Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) 317 operating on Sundays only with a Boeing 707

"Identify seven (7) cities in the state of Alabama that were served by Southern Airways (SO) with DC-9 jet equipment in February of 1976"

1) Birmingham (BHM)
2) Dothan (DHN)
3) Huntsville/Decatur (HSV)
4) Mobile (MOB)
5) Montgomery (MGM)
6) Muscle Shoals (MSL, which serves nearby Florence)
7) Tuscaloosa (TCL)

Southern operated most of these flights with DC-9-10 equipment although there was some DC-9-30 service as well here and there......

I'll attempt to answer the rest of my quiz items that initially appeared in post #1704 this evening......

jlemon Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 19291647)
4) In the summer of 1968, Trans-Texas Airways (TTa) was operating their new DC-9-10 jets to seven (7) destinations nonstop from Dallas Love Field (DAL). Identify all seven destinations.

14) In the spring of 1978, what airline was operating a daily nonstop flight between Tampa (TPA) and Tulsa (TUL)? Also identify the equipment.

15) In the fall of 1979, there were four (4) airlines operating jet service between Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) and Tulsa (TUL). Name all four carriers as well the aircraft types they operated on the route.

16) In November of 1979, how many daily jet flights were operated in the two (2) hour time period between the hours of 11:30pm and 1:30am from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Miami (MIA)? Four (4) different airlines operated flights during this time period on the short hop from FLL to MIA, so for bonus points identify them along with the aircraft types they operated on this route.

23) In the spring of 1995, two (2) airlines operated nonstop service between South Lake Tahoe Airport (TVL) and Los Angeles (LAX). One airline operated jet aircraft and the other flew a turboprop on the route as a code share service for a major carrier. Identify both airlines and the equipment they operated on the route.

25) In April of 1995, there were no less than eight (8) domestic U.S. air carriers flying scheduled services from Las Vegas (LAS) to Los Angeles (LAX). Seven of these airlines operated jet equipment on the route with two of these carriers operating wide body aircraft. And the eighth airline operated turboprops on the route. Identify all eight airlines and the various aircraft they flew from LAS to LAX.

Time to close out the above questions on a beautiful Friday evening here in south Louisiana.....

4) And the seven (7) nonstop DC-9-10 destinations from DAL served by TTa in the summer of 1968 were....

Abilene, TX (ABI)
Austin (AUS)
Beaumont/Port Arthur (BPT)
Hot Springs, AR (HOT)
Houston Hobby (HOU)
Little Rock (LIT)
Midland/Odessa (MAF)

BTW, Trans-Texas (TT) was also operating onestop, direct DC-9 service from DAL at this time to BTR, CRP, HRL, HOU, LCH, LIT, MEM, ROW, SAT and SAF.....so they were making good use of their small fleet of new Nines!

14) Continental Airlines. Here's the routing and equipment:

CO 435: MIA-TPA-TUL-ICT-DEN Equip: B727-200

15) The four (4) airlines operating from DFW to TUL were.....

AA - 72S
BN - 727, 72S
OZ - D9S
TI - DC9

16) Well, there were quite a few daily jet flights from FLL to MIA in the middle of the night at this time! Here are the schedules:

Carrier & Flt. No. & Depart FLL & Arrive MIA & Equipment

NA 605: 11:55pm 12:19am B727-100
QH 722: 11:59pm 12:20am B737-200
EA 417: 12:10am 12:28am B727-100
DL 979: 12:12am 12:33am Super DC-8 (D8S)
DL 479: 12:18am 12:38am B727-200
EA 477: 12:20am 12:28am B727-100
DL 687: 12:58am 1:18am B727-200
EA 427: 1:10am 1:28am B727-100

That's eight (8) daily flights between 11:30pm and 1:30am.....and note that even though the OAG schedule had EA 477 departing two minutes after the DL 479 departure from FLL, Eastern listed their flight arrival at MIA ten minutes before the Delta arrival.........

23) Reno Air was operating a daily nonstop MD-80 flight between TVL and LAX at this time....

And the other carrier was Alpha Air (7V) flying a daily round trip nonstop with a Beechcraft 1900C and code sharing with TWA on the route. Flight number TVL-LAX was TW 7985.....

25) The seven (7) airlines operating jet equipment LAS-LAX at this time were....

America West - Airbus A320, Boeing 737-200 and 737-300
Delta - Boeing 727-200, 737-300, 757-200, 767-200 and Lockheed L-1011
Hawaiian - Douglas DC-10
MarkAir - Boeing 737-300
Southwest - Boeing 737-300 and 737-500
United - Boeing 737-300 and 737-500
USAir - Boeing 737-300

And the turboprop carrier?

American Eagle - Saab 340B

BTW, according to the OAG, there were up to fifty-eight (58) nonstop flights a day from LAS to LAX at this time (April of 1995).....

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Human Unit 763246B Sep 15, 2012 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Seat onally, what was the second U.S. airline to place the 880 into service? And the third?

[i
The following seven questions (11-17) are based upon schedules published in the December 15, 1990 OAG[/i]

11. Name the nine cities that United operated DC-10s . Back in 1990 four airlines served this route. Name those airlines.

15. Name the eight airlines that offered daily nonstop service between Los Angeles and Honolulu ry!

Just a guess...
UA DC 10..I wonder when Western Pacific was around? There was a UA DC 10 flight to COS

LAX-HNL
United
Continental
Delta (took over WA)
TWA
Pan Am
American
Singapore
ATA

Seat 2A Sep 15, 2012 9:56 am

Good morning from latitude 65! It's shaping up to be a good looking day here in the Interior with temperatures forecast to reach 54°F. For this time of year, that's just about as good as it gets. The average daily temperature begins to drop precipitiously from here on into January. I've got a few moments to address a couple of these responses, then it's off to the airport.

26. This airline’s president was famously pictured brandishing a pistol from the back stairway of his airline’s 727 while fending off soldiers attempting to squeeze aboard his jet as it was attempting to depart Da Nang with a load of orphaned Vietnamese children bound for Saigon and on to the U.S. Name the airline and its president, and I’ll supply further detail if needed with my answer. It’s a great story!

Originally Posted by cs57 (Post 19300265)
26) The airline was World Airways, and the president was Edward Daly. It is indeed quite a story, and besides that, World Airways has enjoyed a colorful history since Daly bought the airline in 1950.

Yes sir, cs57, Edward Daly was the man! You can read all about this story by clicking HERE.

Seat 2A Sep 15, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks to jlemon for the answers to his previous questions. What an odd market (TPA-TUL) for Continental, and quite an amazing late night line-up on the FLL-MIA route. Good stuff.

17. Name the nine Colorado cities that were served by jets as of 12/15/90.

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 19302454)
Well, heck, some of these places on the western slope of the Rockies in colorful Colorado can hardly be called "cities" by any stretch of the imagination....but they did have seasonal jet service that coincided with the ski season!

1) Aspen (ASE)

2) Colorado Springs (COS)

3) Denver (DEN)

4) Durango (DRO)

5) Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), which is the closest airline jetport to Vail.

6) Grand Junction (GJT)

7) Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport (GUC)

8) Montrose (MTJ), which is the closest airline jetport to Telluride.....although TEX does have scheduled turboprop service at present.

9) Yampa Valley Airport (HDN), located near Hayden and also the closest airline jetport to Steamboat Springs....although many years ago SBS did have scheduled service operated by Rocky Mountain Airways with Dash 7 STOL turboprops.

BTW, Pueblo (PUB) did have scheduled jet service provided in the past by the original Frontier (FL) and also by TWA (TW) and America West (HP); however, jet service to PUB was long gone by late in 1990......and I do not think Allegiant (G4) had begun MD-80 service by that time into Ft. Collins (FNL).

Excellent answer, jlemon. "City" is indeed stretching it in all the above listed except for Denver, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction and Pueblo. The one exception to your answers was Montrose, which as of December 1990 did not yet have jet service and was served only fron Denver.

Here are the nonstop service destination breakdowns per each of the nine cities/towns:

Aspen
DEN (UA Express/Air Wisconsin BAe-146)
LAX (UA Express/Air Wisconsin BAe-146)

Colorado Springs
ORD (UA 72S/733)
DFW (DL 73S) (AA M80)
DEN (CO 73S/733) (UA 727/72S/73S/733/757/D10) (TW M80)
LAS (HP 73S)
PHX (HP 733)
PUB (HP 733) (TW 727/M80)
STL (TW 727/M80)
SLC (DL 73S)

Denver
Numerous destinations and airlines

Durango
PHX (HP 73S)

Eagle/Vail
ORD (AA 757)
DFW (AA 757)
PHX (HP 733)

Grand Junction
DEN (CO DC9/D9S)
LAS (HP 733)

Gunnison
ATL (DL 757)
ORD (AA 72S)
DFW (AA 72S)
IAH (CO 727)

Pueblo
COS (HP 733) (TW 727/M80)
PHX (733)

Steamboat Springs/Hayden
ORD (AA 72S)
DFW (72S)
DEN (CO 733)
LAX (AA 72S)
MSP (NW 72S)
EWR (AA 757)
SJC (72S)

Hmmmmm.....could it have been Pan Am with a B727-200 JFK-DEN?

Indeed it was. Great answer, jlemon!

15. Name the eight airlines that offered daily nonstop service between Los Angeles and Honolulu.

Originally Posted by Human Unit 763246B (Post 19319945)
Just a guess...

LAX-HNL
United
Continental
Delta (took over WA)
TWA
Pan Am
American
Singapore
ATA

You're almost there, HU. The above are correct with the exception of ATA and Singapore which, being a foreign carrier, would not have had traffic rights on the LAX-HNL route. The other two airlines were Hawaiian and Northwest.

15. AA, CO, DL, HA, NW, PA, UA, TW

CubsFanJohn Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A (Post 19299607)
The following seven questions (11-17) are based upon schedules published in the December 15, 1990 OAG

11. Name the nine cities that United operated DC-10s into Denver from.

14. Today, Alaska is the only airline offering jet service between Anchorage and Fairbanks. Back in 1990 four airlines served this route. Name those airlines.

Okay here's a stab at two of them
11. ORD, SEA (Al Haynes last flight was from DEN-SEA), SFO, LAX, IAD, COS, BOS, PDX & PHL

14. Alaska Airlines, Delta, United and MarkAir. (Small Soapbox time) Ironically enough it is interesting to see how much Alaska has grown in the past 20 years. Out of ANC their only destination to the mainland was SEA but now they serve SEA, DEN (Seasonal), LAX (Seasonal), ORD, PDX, HNL, OGG (Seasonal), KOA (Seasonal.) I am pretty sure ORD is year-round is that correct? I actually flew ORD-ANC year round. Nice to have an early afternoon arrival into ANC versus the usual late evening arrivals.