Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

I just might SNAP if another person cuts in front of me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I just might SNAP if another person cuts in front of me!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
What bothers me is the coach passengers standing in front of the gate waiting for their section/row number to be called. I can't tell if they are waiting in line to board or just waiting to hear the GA announce their row. Clear the aisle and let passengers board!

This happens in front of both the coach & SkyPriority lines.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
Some people are courteous, some people are not.

Some people are oblivious, some people are engaged.

Some people just don't give a flip...

See it all the time, experienced it once or twice. Sometimes I say something, other times why bother...we're all getting on the same plane. American culture suffers from entitlement syndrome and Delta's boarding process and the excessive number of elites doesn't make it any easier.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Anyone with high blood pressure and concerned about this issue should avoid China -- after observing a complete disregard for line queues in most places I visited, dealing with US pax is a piece of cake.
or CDG, or any airport in Africa, or scores of other places...
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Complete B.S. Report it each and every time it happens.
Report it where? To who?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by DLFan2
Your post is perfectly appropriate.

But if people routinely cut in front of you, I'd wonder why...doesn't happen to me too much. I am not physically imposing. And if someone did cut in front of me, I'd politely challenge him.
Same thought I had. Unless, of course, you aren’t moving forward with your fellow F passengers, making those behind you think you’re waiting for zone 2...?

No offense intended. Just know of a couple of routine F passengers who prefer to board later, but they kindly step to the side so those of us who want to board when called are able to do so.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by avflyer
Ahhhh ... I remember the good old days of post 9/11 when TSA essentially always did a second security screening of passengers at the gate. Naturally then, I would be more than happy to be third or fourth in line depending on the number of persons TSA had on hand at the gate. I believe my line at the time was "Why no, after you ... please".
Those were the days.

A bunch of us were waiting to go out on the last flight FLL to EWR one evening and as a result of the threat of the second screening NO ONE was moving forward. Finally I had enough and threw myself into the breach. As I was being searched; the other elites all saluted me as they went on and thanked me for "taking one for the team".
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Ethicist
Those were the days.

A bunch of us were waiting to go out on the last flight FLL to EWR one evening and as a result of the threat of the second screening NO ONE was moving forward. Finally I had enough and threw myself into the breach. As I was being searched; the other elites all saluted me as they went on and thanked me for "taking one for the team".
I have had situations where I was holding a WN A1 boarding card, and volunteered to be gate screened before boarding started.

Protected my aisle exit row seat*** and provided a topic of conversation with the FAs... who found the situation amusing.

***Not quite as good as a DL FC seat, but a tempting alternative when you can go from A to B without a connection in ATL. BTW, board WN with a Business Select reservation, and tell the FA you are a DL Plat who chose to fly WN instead... and you generally get great service.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM
It's true that lining up is an integral part of our culture and that we learn this in kindergarten. It's also true that many people fly through US airports who did not grow up in the States... I don't "look elite" ( and not because I'm young, either) so I'm often the person the anxious lady flying for the first time asks about boarding procedure, or because I sign, the one who tells the deaf person what the announcement was. My experience has been that the crowders are just afraid to miss their planes. I also noticed that, on my last several flights, the Delta GA's did indeed send people back who had mistakenly tried to board with first, and that those who had made the error apologized.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum
From my experience, there's rarely a single line until after boarding starts. So...where's the "real" line when people standing on the left line up, and those in the middle line up, and those on the right line up, and then have to funnel down to a single line? I've found people are for the most part polite about merging. I'll usually let one person from the other line go and then the next waves me in.

I admit it is confusing when I am FC and there are 3 lines and others just standing close to the gate, some moving, some not. Hopefully I'm not cutting in front of others when I look for someone obviously moving forward and get behind them....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:11 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Now that this thread has spent some quality time in the Delta SkyMiles forum, the new home of this thread is now the TravelBuzz! forum, as the topic is really more general in nature.

Now let us hear from FlyerTalk members who are passengers on other airlines to relate similar experiences here.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum
Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I usually fly on WN, but occasionally I get to fly on a legacy.

I am also hearing-impaired.

I look at my boarding pass and it says Zone 3 (or Zone 2 or whatever). I wait for the inevitable announcement. I know that I can not board first, I am elite on nothing except WN. But the problem occurs when the gate agent makes an indecipherable announcement. They do not repeat it. It is mumbled once into the mic and then a pack forms at the boarding pass taker.

Please, please get a monitor that says "Now boarding Zone 1." Enforce order. Go out of order, and get sent to the back. Even one of those Down Number thingies that the football referees use would be better than the mumbled announcement I can not hear.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
My fiance did something a few weeks ago that I think many of you will enjoy...

Granted, this is on a Southwest flight, not Delta, but still...

We were heading back from BOS to LAX.

I had I think A32 and my fiance had A33. There was 1 guy (properly) in front of us, after the A1-30 group had boarded.

2 women who had A44 and A51 attempted to cut in front, right to A31.

My fiance told them... "if you cut in front, thats fine, but I will sit behind you and make your trip miserable"

Their mouths just hung open, and I'm sure they were about to make some snide comment, but my fiance just said "I guarantee it" and they shut their traps without saying a word and went back into line.

The guy in front of us had the biggest smile on his face ever. I told him he needs to find himself a nice Latin woman like I did
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ULDB65
or CDG, or any airport in Africa, or scores of other places...
Italy for sure. The cutting is unbelievable in Italy!

Originally Posted by rajuabju
My fiance did something a few weeks ago that I think many of you will enjoy...

Granted, this is on a Southwest flight, not Delta, but still...

We were heading back from BOS to LAX.

I had I think A32 and my fiance had A33. There was 1 guy (properly) in front of us, after the A1-30 group had boarded.

2 women who had A44 and A51 attempted to cut in front, right to A31.

My fiance told them... "if you cut in front, thats fine, but I will sit behind you and make your trip miserable"

Their mouths just hung open, and I'm sure they were about to make some snide comment, but my fiance just said "I guarantee it" and they shut their traps without saying a word and went back into line.

The guy in front of us had the biggest smile on his face ever. I told him he needs to find himself a nice Latin woman like I did
That is so friggin awesome...
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
FA luggage:

BECAUSE a DL flight was late I had to run thru the airport to my next flight. I made it - barely - only to get to my 2D seat and find there was no room under 1D for my case. I thought maybe it was one of those stupid floor mounted metal 'boxes' or something. Wrong, it turned out the block was luggage belonging to 1D. It was a FA. When I asked if that was her stuff in my space she got real huffy...."Your space??". I said, yes, it is. She's in bulkhead and figures since no one is sitting there she could use it - fine - but I said I'm sitting here now and was only 'late' because YOUR AIRLINE's flight was late. Her dispo did improve during the flight as she uttered some pleasantry or another to me as we disembarked.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:15 am

So I was at La Rounde which is the Six Flags in Montreal about a month ago. We were in line for a new coaster which had about a two hour wait. About 6 people cut me in line to join a member of their family that was holding their spot. The mom was holding the spot in line and the dad, along with their two daughters about 8 and 3 family friends.

I told them that line jumping was against the rules but if they tried to cut behind me I would turn a blind eye. However, cutting in front of me wasn't an option. The husband bumped into me as if he wanted to start some sort of fight. So anyway they refused to move. I waited about 20 minutes until I saw a park employee walk by. I grabbed him and explained what was going on.

He approached the line jumpers and a few moments later the friends left. The mom then started yelling at me because her daughters were crying over the ordeal of being reprimanded. I wasn't close enough to hear what was being said and I think they were talking in French anyway so it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

After a few minutes of the mom yelling at me, I told her she was setting a horrible example for her young daughters. About 10 minutes later two park security officers approached them and there was a lot of back and forth. A couple minutes later and the family was being marched out of the park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.