map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Another great resource that I discovered when I joined FT! I just wish I kept my boarding passes/itineraries from years back so I can log all the aircraft types!
If you have record of flight number and date (i.e. skymiles account) you can use this site to find the tail number of the plane you were on. http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummary...yDepatures.xml

Once you have the tail number use the Production List Search on this site to identify the aircraft type.http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/index.php
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:18 am

Is there anything similar to flightmemory to keep track of hotels one has stayed at?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It would seem FlightMemory now gives "EconomyPlus" as a travel class option. This is new as of the last couple of weeks. I went back and changed over 90 or so of my UA flights
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Guys what is giving me a considerable headache is the lack of tail number information online on non-US flights.

Some of them I have been able to trace back through libhomeradar/acarsd (this is a unix project of amateur flight enthusiasts that pick up plane beacon signals and log them), but there are quite a few tail numbers I can't retrace.

Do you know any other way or would it be worthwhile mailing the airlines with the question to have a peek in their history books?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Isn't there a DOT site that logs the tail numbers of historical flights?

I've never bothered to track tail numbers (enough work to keep up my flight memory as it is!) so I forget what the address is and exactly what data it contains, but I seem to recall discussion on FT about it. It lags by something like 6 months, though, IIRC.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mart81
Guys what is giving me a considerable headache is the lack of tail number information online on non-US flights.

Some of them I have been able to trace back through libhomeradar/acarsd (this is a unix project of amateur flight enthusiasts that pick up plane beacon signals and log them), but there are quite a few tail numbers I can't retrace.

Do you know any other way or would it be worthwhile mailing the airlines with the question to have a peek in their history books?
You could try a post on Airliners.net. They've helped me find reg numbers before. The geekier element over there is quite good at such things.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by jackal

I've never bothered to track tail numbers (enough work to keep up my flight memory as it is!) so I forget what the address is and exactly what data it contains, but I seem to recall discussion on FT about it. It lags by something like 6 months, though, IIRC.
I'm having trouble pulling it up right now, but I think you're thinking of the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) website. Among other things, it does list tail numbers, but only for US airlines, and domestic flights only. It does lag at least a couple months--I think it has data for March or April right now.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I'm having trouble pulling it up right now, but I think you're thinking of the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) website. Among other things, it does list tail numbers, but only for US airlines, and domestic flights only. It does lag at least a couple months--I think it has data for March or April right now.
That's it. Wasn't fully aware of its limitations.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jackal

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
To sort/search by departure city:

http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummary...yDepatures.xml

To sort/search by arrival city:

http://www.bts.gov/xml/ontimesummary...ryArrivals.xml
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Searching for international flights

A couple sites where I've been able to find tail numbers on int'l flights. I think these may be linked earlier in this thread but it won't hurt to share them again...

http://www.antonakis.co.uk/acars.php?page=request

http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
A couple sites where I've been able to find tail numbers on int'l flights. I think these may be linked earlier in this thread but it won't hurt to share them again...

http://www.antonakis.co.uk/acars.php?page=request

http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html
Yup the ones I'm looking at aren't listed there though
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Kinda curious how many of you all here label your FM entries ... if you fly domestic first, do you label it as First? Or as Business? Because then I fly international business (which is miles ahead of domestic first) and feel bad that it's labeled as a "lesser product" in my FM.

Then it gets complicated because I fly transcons with business classes that are better than domestic first classes.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Kinda curious how many of you all here label your FM entries ... if you fly domestic first, do you label it as First? Or as Business? Because then I fly international business (which is miles ahead of domestic first) and feel bad that it's labeled as a "lesser product" in my FM.

Then it gets complicated because I fly transcons with business classes that are better than domestic first classes.
I go with whatever class of service is printed on my boarding pass, though I do see where you're coming from.

Incidentally, my brother got me a year of FlightMemory Premium for my birthday. It's pretty amazing, all the extra features are all.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I go with whatever class of service is printed on my boarding pass, though I do see where you're coming from.

Incidentally, my brother got me a year of FlightMemory Premium for my birthday. It's pretty amazing, all the extra features are all.
Ditto on both counts (although I paid for my own FM Premium ).

I wish the domestic carriers would rename their premium cabins to something like "Domestic Sub-Par Business" to make it easier to compare them with real premium cabins, but for now, I do as CMK10 does.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BumpedAgain
I was pleased to find a site that could esily map flight information.

But the data input is slow! I can type and enter fast but it's the occasional lagtime in processing... after 200 entries - I can see a cool picture -- but I've got another 1500 flights and am not keen on hours of inputting - just not worth it. I've got everything in a good excel sheet (thanks to importing much of the old Northwest worldperks info and reformatting it...), but I'm also not keen on spending over $100+ on just having them 'import the data. That to me is just too much

I just want get a chart and the chart pricing is high but OK, but the cost to import it too pricy - and I'm at the point of looking for an alternative.

Has anyone in the community seen any other entity that can map this and possibly produce a high-end pdf or jpg?? I've looked through this thread and seen some - but are there any that do the charting as a service?

Thanks!
You can try OpenFlights.org

(and yes, I know this post to which I'm replying is from mid-2011, but still could be relevant to several people)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.