map uvaryanmc
map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
I got sucked into an all-out enter-my-flights blitz last week after having had the site bookmarked for a few months.

Thanks to the BTS and Heathrow/Gatwick links earlier I'm adding all the tail numbers to the domestic flights.

One question does still remain (which I've seen asked earlier in the thread) and that is... does anyone know of a site where you can access tail numbers for international flights?

Here's my map to date: http://my.flightmemory.com/sdilullo

EDIT:

I've done a little more searching and found three helpful sites...

http://www.acarsd.org/world_ACARS_reports.html

http://www.antonakis.co.uk/acars.php?page=request

http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/index.php

God bless the internet!

Last edited by stdatwmu; Apr 26, 2010 at 10:09 am
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by stdatwmu

Thanks a lot for the info! The first website was great for tracking some lost registration numbers. Too bad it only goes back to 2006 for now.

Another useful site for finding out the actual aircraft type, among other details, is:

http://www.airframes.org/
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by josmon10
Thanks a lot for the info! The first website was great for tracking some lost registration numbers. Too bad it only goes back to 2006 for now.

Another useful site for finding out the actual aircraft type, among other details, is:

http://www.airframes.org/
No problem, and thanks for the other link as well.

I see you're from Barcelona - I was just there a couple weeks ago. Great city! There's some photos and stories from the trip on my site (the 'A mile of runway...' link below) if you're interested.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:40 am

No problem, and thanks for the other link as well.

I see you're from Barcelona - I was just there a couple weeks ago. Great city! There's some photos and stories from the trip on my site (the 'A mile of runway...' link below) if you're interested.
Glad you enjoyed the city. And congratulations on your engagement!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Was wondering how long others took to receive their poster? I ordered one last week and can't wait to get it!

On the same note, I wonder if I add new flights in now while the order is being processed, if the new flights will be added onto the poster or the cut off was when I ordered it?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
I adore Flight Memory - but I only found it because I joined FlyerTalk and noticed people using it.

It's so good to see there's heaps of other people who are made plane spotters/flight collectors like me
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by tfung
Was wondering how long others took to receive their poster? I ordered one last week and can't wait to get it!

On the same note, I wonder if I add new flights in now while the order is being processed, if the new flights will be added onto the poster or the cut off was when I ordered it?
Hi tfung,

Your poster was sent to the lab for physical production on the 15th, so flight added after cannot be reflected...
Depending on your whereabouts it should arrive in the coming days (US & Europe) or next week (Asia) ...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by tfung

I ordered updated posters for Mrs. P and myself, and they just arrived yesterday, almost exactly 2 weeks after they were ordered.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Delays?

Just curious to see how you guys track time of flights with regard to delays. For example, I was on a DL Shuttle flight last night that was scheduled to depart 7pm, delayed to 8pm (arr. 935pm), then pushed back and held on the Tarmac for an hour and a half, then finally arrived in Chicago at 1040. I usually just put the scheduled times down, since I rarely remember the exact time a flight actually takes off or lands. How about you?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ssb2045
Just curious to see how you guys track time of flights with regard to delays. For example, I was on a DL Shuttle flight last night that was scheduled to depart 7pm, delayed to 8pm (arr. 935pm), then pushed back and held on the Tarmac for an hour and a half, then finally arrived in Chicago at 1040. I usually just put the scheduled times down, since I rarely remember the exact time a flight actually takes off or lands. How about you?
I do the same. All are scheduled times.

Obviously that means some of the statistics may be slightly skewed and I know I can look up US airline times/data with the BLS statistics, but I'm not THAT obsessed...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:35 am

That is an interesting question. I've just let FM calculate duration for 99% of my flights. I assume that that is just the in air time, as often the scheduled gate to gate time is an hour longer, and then you have delays on top of that. FM also does not appear to adjust for the impact of the jet stream, i.e. all else being equal, an East to West flight will take longer than a West to East flight.

I just looked at the "compare" data you get with a premium FM membership. My average duration per (mostly domestic) flight is 1.713 hours, but the average for all members is 3.096. Of course, that could be not only because of more longer flights, or it could also be because a lot of people are inputting scheduled or actual times. If I had done so, I'm sure my average would be over 2 hours.

I guess it all depends on how you define "duration". Maybe somebody from FM could tell us how often people input flight times?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:24 am

I usually just put the scheduled times down, since I rarely remember the exact time a flight actually takes off or lands. How about you?
I do the same. All are scheduled times.
So do I. And any delays, etc, I write them down under "Comments".
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by PIONEER
That is an interesting question. I've just let FM calculate duration for 99% of my flights. I assume that that is just the in air time, as often the scheduled gate to gate time is an hour longer, and then you have delays on top of that. FM also does not appear to adjust for the impact of the jet stream, i.e. all else being equal, an East to West flight will take longer than a West to East flight.

I just looked at the "compare" data you get with a premium FM membership. My average duration per (mostly domestic) flight is 1.713 hours, but the average for all members is 3.096. Of course, that could be not only because of more longer flights, or it could also be because a lot of people are inputting scheduled or actual times. If I had done so, I'm sure my average would be over 2 hours.

I guess it all depends on how you define "duration". Maybe somebody from FM could tell us how often people input flight times?
Hi there,
regarding the delays:
Most user (85%) use the calculated datas the system generates, which of course does not include anything else than the scheduled time...
While we all know about the existance of the Jet Streams it is really not so easy to find an algorithm, that reflects it in all cases - e.g. it is not the same all year and the effect also may vary due to certain weather conditions.
So instead of opening the box of the pandora we decided to stay with our scheduled calculations until we have more ressources (which being just the two of us after 5 years, I am starting to doubt) and a way to calculate it...maybe the easiest way (for us) would be to start flagging scheduled (calculated by FM) durations in order to distinguish the actual or entered durations...

The overall average duration should be higher than that of an US user - please do not forget, we did start in Germany and Europe with our idea/site and most Europeans and Germans actually fly rather medium or long distances in comparison to the average US citizen.

Also we do have the issue of pure poster-hunters, who just enter their long haul flights in order to get their poster...and as they are not "cockpit" or "virtual" we cannot filter them out easily. This will be better in 2011 we hope, as we have just finished a mechanism that will deactivate all old accounts in terms of the stats and flights...but it will be summer until it really kicks in and even then I still think the overall average will still be above the US average in terms of duration...

Happy logging and Thanks for bearing with us all this time - we do appreciate it!

sam
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by shoggoth
Hi there,
regarding the delays:
Most user (85%) use the calculated datas the system generates,
sam
Just to be safe - most of those 15% are what we call "sightseeing" which the user than has to edit because the system has no idea what to calculate (e.g. JFK-JFK flying over NY for just that and then back to destination airport...mostly with small planes or helicopters, of course). Here the duration is entered very often...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: HH Gold
Just discovered this..... Trying to back fill an entire life of flights is not easy. I've been able to go back to summer 2008. Now only 23 more years of flights to remember/collect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.