Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by skidv25
Hope that helps!
Yeah, thanks a lot!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Yup I use these sites as well but i still have some holes pre-2005 and also many Easyjet/Ryanair flights (before my business travelling era) where aircraft regs are not available. Writing to the airline seems like an option but I doubt they have the time or will to answer..
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
Alternatives to www.flightmemory.com??

I was pleased to find a site that could esily map flight information.

But the data input is slow! I can type and enter fast but it's the occasional lagtime in processing... after 200 entries - I can see a cool picture -- but I've got another 1500 flights and am not keen on hours of inputting - just not worth it. I've got everything in a good excel sheet (thanks to importing much of the old Northwest worldperks info and reformatting it...), but I'm also not keen on spending over $100+ on just having them 'import the data. That to me is just too much

I just want get a chart and the chart pricing is high but OK, but the cost to import it too pricy - and I'm at the point of looking for an alternative.

Has anyone in the community seen any other entity that can map this and possibly produce a high-end pdf or jpg?? I've looked through this thread and seen some - but are there any that do the charting as a service?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:04 am

I gradually input thousands of flights from 40 years, and am very glad I did. The data base is very functional, so if you later wonder where you were on a given day, or how many times you've been to a given airport, it's easy to find. After inputting, I went through month by month to make sure that the data was reasonable, i.e. if I had one flight that was MCI-ORD, and then the next flight that same day was LAX-HNL, what's up with that?

The maps that you can buy are great. My advice is the bigger the better.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
I've been using FlightMemory for a few years now and love it but lately it's been sow slow I can't stand it. 25 seconds to open and view a flight! No matter the computer or connection. Just a few months ago I could add a couple flights a minutes and now it's just crazy slow.

Anybody else having this issue?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BumpedAgain
I was pleased to find a site that could esily map flight information.

But the data input is slow! I can type and enter fast but it's the occasional lagtime in processing... after 200 entries - I can see a cool picture -- but I've got another 1500 flights and am not keen on hours of inputting - just not worth it. I've got everything in a good excel sheet (thanks to importing much of the old Northwest worldperks info and reformatting it...), but I'm also not keen on spending over $100+ on just having them 'import the data. That to me is just too much

I just want get a chart and the chart pricing is high but OK, but the cost to import it too pricy - and I'm at the point of looking for an alternative.

Has anyone in the community seen any other entity that can map this and possibly produce a high-end pdf or jpg?? I've looked through this thread and seen some - but are there any that do the charting as a service?

Thanks!
It takes a while, but to me it was worth it. That and I don't have anywhere near the amount of flights to input as some of the other folks on here.

Originally Posted by matt5596
I've been using FlightMemory for a few years now and love it but lately it's been sow slow I can't stand it. 25 seconds to open and view a flight! No matter the computer or connection. Just a few months ago I could add a couple flights a minutes and now it's just crazy slow.

It's been working fine for me this week... sorry but that's all I can tell you!
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG

I've never experienced any significant lag on the website, before or now...
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:25 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent

I was just using this morning and I thought it was slower than normal...
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
To commemorate my 500th flight (which I know is chump change compared to some of you), I'm thinking of getting the poster. Here's my map:

http://my.flightmemory.com/LoganFlyer

I'd like to get the full world map, not just the North American one. As you can see, there's a lot of clutter in the northeast US and in Central Europe. Does anyone have experience with how good a job do they do with the poster for this kind of map? And any suggestions for the size I should get?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:38 am

We've now bought 4 posters. Originally Mrs. P bought a 32x48 international and I got a 32x48 domestic. Then I got a 20x30 international, and most recently an updated 32x48 domestic.

Based on your map, my advice is to get a 32x48 international. Mrs P. has 700+ flights, and I just looked at her poster, and you can easily make out the domestic flights in addition to the international. (On my 20x30 international, the US is almost solid yellow, but I can see the international routes. Note that on the 20x30, the airport codes do not show up.)
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:56 pm

How do I enter I flight that returned to the same airport (for whatever reason) 40 minutes after takeoff? I have captured the flight path from FlightAware so I could (if needed) enter some way points or determine the exact miles "flown." Any thoughts?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
To commemorate my 500th flight (which I know is chump change compared to some of you), I'm thinking of getting the poster. Here's my map:

http://my.flightmemory.com/LoganFlyer

I'd like to get the full world map, not just the North American one. As you can see, there's a lot of clutter in the northeast US and in Central Europe. Does anyone have experience with how good a job do they do with the poster for this kind of map? And any suggestions for the size I should get?

Congrats on your 500th flight, LoganFlyer. ^ I also noticed you are currently 1 post away from 1K on FT. An early congrats on that as well.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by yashan
How do I enter I flight that returned to the same airport (for whatever reason) 40 minutes after takeoff? I have captured the flight path from FlightAware so I could (if needed) enter some way points or determine the exact miles "flown." Any thoughts?
Of course, you can do whatever you want. For the flights that I've had that diverted back to the departure airport, I've just put in for example DFW-DFW, with zero miles but with an estimate of the time. Way points is an interesting idea, but if somebody wants to go in that direction, then most every flight could turn into dozens of segments. A compromise might be to figure out where you were when you turned around, and log that in as to/from.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yashan
I've only had that happen once. Took off from PHX, flew all the way to SAN, couldn't land, flew all the way back, flight canceled. I do not have it entered in my Flight Memory because as far as I'm concerned, it wasn't a flight even though I spent ~2 Hours in the air.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Another great resource that I discovered when I joined FT! I just wish I kept my boarding passes/itineraries from years back so I can log all the aircraft types!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.