Search

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I can't add any more tracked prices.

Says can't have more than 100.

Well I don't have 100 active ones. The only way it could be over 100 is if it's including "Past Tracked prices" in the 100 count.

Anyone else having this problem?

I never had to delete past tracked prices in the old version of GF.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Old version of GF gone?

I was doing a search on GF earlier today and refreshed my page and it went over to the new version. Doesn't seem like the old one is accessible anymore (via the google.com/flights?f=0 link).

I guess it's time to say our farewells...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
Ah, it's back after briefly disappearing! I guess we're counting the days now....
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rill2503456
Ah, it's back after briefly disappearing! I guess we're counting the days now....
Gone again. I think this is the end. I despise the new UI.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm still getting the old UI, for now... tick tock
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
That's a bummer, I find the new version takes longer to use
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:16 am

Still possible to get the old interface. You can change SEL into any preferred airport code.

google.com/flights/?f=0#search;f=SEL
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Aeclio
Still possible to get the old interface. You can change SEL into any preferred airport code.

google.com/flights/?f=0#search;f=SEL
I got this to work once or twice this morning, but this evening I am persistently being redirected to the new interface

If anyone from the Google team is lurking here PLEASE reinstate the f=0 backdoor. The new interface is less responsive (as in, the actual UI elements are slower to respond to and reflect changes in settings/options/filters) and unwieldy compared to the old one in a way that makes it cumbersome to use especially when you are trying to compare multiple options.
Adam Smith and Great_circle like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
I got this to work once or twice this morning, but this evening I am persistently being redirected to the new interface
Do you use incognito/private browsing mode? So far, I haven't been redirected to the new UI.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
If anyone from the Google team is lurking here PLEASE reinstate the f=0 backdoor..
Typing ?f=0 before the # still works for me..
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Aeclio
Do you use incognito/private browsing mode? So far, I haven't been redirected to the new UI.
Originally Posted by Great_circle

Typing ?f=0 before the # still works for me..
Incognito works for me on multiple devices from home.

On my smartphone it works when connected to the wifi at home, but not when using mobile data.

Cannot get the old UI from work.

Seems like they're doing a slow/staged rollout, maybe.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Legacy version is still working for me in regular mode
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:10 am

Further experimentation from work

flights.google.com/?f=0 redirects but gets the old UI ^

(www.)google.com/flights?f=0 gets the new UI

Incognito mode does not affect the above results.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:36 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I was dismayed to see that the ?f=0 trick was no longer working this morning, on several different devices.

Pleased to see that it works using Incognito, which I hadn't thought of until visiting this page, but I can't imagine that will last long.

I'm extremely disappointed in this new interface. I also find it quite surprising, coming from Google. They have generally emphasized simple but very functional design. This new interface is completely at odds with that. It's not at all simple, heavy on graphics and difficult to use. Nor can I see it being particularly useful to the non-FF crowd, because the interface is so clunky and it's so hard to figure out what's what.

I'm baffled as to why they are forcing this garbage down our throats given its complete inconsistency with Google's general design philosophy (in addition to the fact that it's just plain crappy).
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm baffled as to why they are forcing this garbage down our throats given its complete inconsistency with Google's general design philosophy (in addition to the fact that it's just plain crappy).
Is it really inconsistent though? They've also recently updated Calendar (another UI change that I detest) and going further back, Maps (which I also dislike, but not as intensely ) So it does at least appear to be part of a larger scale unification of look and feel (albeit a crappy one, also, #getoffmylawn )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.