ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Are there ANY alternatives to ITA? Absolutely everything turns up "The search failed with Exceeded Boombox request quota"
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:20 am

no, there are no alternatives. but keep on trying with ita, works fine for me all day. every 20th search or so throws an error, but thats about it.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
no, there are no alternatives. but keep on trying with ita, works fine for me all day. every 20th search or so throws an error, but thats about it.
Weird, when I change to do some domestic searches it seems to work ok, but my international search specifically errors out every time - but sometimes not until I try and sort.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
UGH, ITA is becoming useless! I have PM the poster here that works for ITA and so far no reply.
If Google is dropping this ITA why dont they say something?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:54 pm

I'm getting the same Boombox error on a fully domestic itinerary. It's showing the time bars for the outbound but when I click on an option to see the return options, the error comes up.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by EggSS4
I'm getting the same Boombox error on a fully domestic itinerary. It's showing the time bars for the outbound but when I click on an option to see the return options, the error comes up.
don't do segments by segments, only show full itineraries, that way you will get less errors.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
don't do segments by segments, only show full itineraries, that way you will get less errors.
You'll also get less results…
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:39 am

ITA is unusable; incredibly frustrating. Searching 3 DC area airports to 3 LA area airports and trying to specify departure times; errors every search.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by arlflyer
ITA is unusable; incredibly frustrating. Searching 3 DC area airports to 3 LA area airports and trying to specify departure times; errors every search.
same here. Can't really search...damn
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
Got a bunch of errors but persisted and got results eventually...

Great software, incredibly frustrating to use lately.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Server
Oddly enough, Boombox is QPX in a sort of twisted way. I found a document online pertaining to the US Department of State and ITA Matrix. Most of it was redacted, but it explained something that the Boombox is indeed something of a layer of QPX.
Happen to have a link to that document?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:42 pm

This might be the aforementioned document.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:15 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:51 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
This might be the aforementioned document.
BINGO!

"the QPX middleware API, also known as “Boombox” " is what I found after reading it a bit ago.

Anyway, I might look into making a tool based off of QPX Express. Probably something more graphically informative with maps and graphs. Queries are pretty cheap at $0.035, throw a couple dollars once in awhile to keep it running. Although I could always scale up with Google considering my place as a corporation too
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:57 pm

How to actually book ITA priced multi airline

Im looking for help on how to actually book something I priced out on ITA. It doesn't show up on United.com and I suppose since ITA says multi airline, it is somehow priced between United, ANA and Cathay. Question is, how do I sort out which pieces to book where?

Pic:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.