ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
Is there any prospect of the amount of advertising and the number of sponsor offers forced on paying customers being reduced? It really doesn't create a very "premium" experience.
You can opt-out of both. There is a opt-out link at the bottom of all emails sent and if you would like to block the display ads we recommend the ....... Plus browser plugin.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:47 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
if you would like to block the display ads we recommend the ....... Plus browser plugin.
Thanks for the quick reply.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to activate an ad blocker on EF without being punished by screens claiming that "Suspicious Activity" has been detected and setting Catcha tests, rather than just allowing me to get on and use the product. Blocking scripts from Facebook also causes EF to not play nice.

Also, the Hertz ad on the main.do page consists of five or six elements that are served from expertflyer.com and therefore require individual blocking. The "sign up to FaceBook" text link is even harder to get rid of.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
If i setup a Flight Availability Alert while on a premium trial , will that alert stay or will it be void once the trial ends ?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
Thanks for the quick reply.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to activate an ad blocker on EF without being punished by screens claiming that "Suspicious Activity" has been detected and setting Catcha tests, rather than just allowing me to get on and use the product. Blocking scripts from Facebook also causes EF to not play nice.

Also, the Hertz ad on the main.do page consists of five or six elements that are served from expertflyer.com and therefore require individual blocking. The "sign up to FaceBook" text link is even harder to get rid of.
You shouldn't be blocking anything that's served from the ExpertFlyer.com domain, and that's not what a standard ad blocker does anyway. The banner ads are not served by our domain. If you need more help than email us directly.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:13 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Flame3601
If i setup a Flight Availability Alert while on a premium trial , will that alert stay or will it be void once the trial ends ?
If you let a Premium account lapse to Free, for whatever reason, any Flight Alerts will be paused until a Premium subscription is (re)-established.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:34 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
The banner ads are not served by our domain.
Okay, but that's not the way it looks, e.g.: http://www.expertflyer.com/include/i...rtz_banner.png
Old Dec 25, 2017, 12:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
Okay, but that's not the way it looks, e.g.: www.expertflyer.com/include/images/hertz_banner.png
We are referring to the banner ads at the very top and bottom of the page, an ad blocker will block those. The Hertz promotion graphic is just on the main page and part of the site itself. If you really dislike looking at it for the few moments between when you login and go to another page, you can use an ad blocker to also block the specific image URL you posted.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Dec 25, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: EK Plat
Is it possible to set an alert for a journey with a stopover? I'd like to try and get an alert on a journey where there are some married segment restrictions but the alert function only seems to work for the individual sectors.

Last edited by Lkaroo; Dec 28, 2017 at 10:34 am
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:20 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Is it possible to set an alarm for a journey with a stopover? I'd like to try and get an alert on a journey where there are some married segment restrictions but the alert function only seems to work for the individual sectors.
I'm sorry we do not support married segments for alerts at this time.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
When I search for Base fares from MIL to GRU like this:

I get 248 results:

None of the results shows AD fare SLEAXZ5E (R$732,02). But it shows base fares more expensive than that one.
When I search for the same previous data, just adding the info of the base fare SLEAXZ5E separately, the system shows it without any problem:

My question is, I know the system shows a maximum of 250 results to searches that don't specify airlines. Why it isn't showing the lowest one first? For example, the AD base fare is lower than AT base fare. There is a sequence of airlines it searches first? That's why it didn't show AD results? Or this is random?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Does Expertflyer display the reason for the cancellation of a flight? If so where can I find it? I am particularly interested in this flight:

Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:42 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by psbaj
When I search for Base fares from MIL to GRU like this:

I get 248 results:

None of the results shows AD fare SLEAXZ5E (R$732,02). But it shows base fares more expensive than that one.
When I search for the same previous data, just adding the info of the base fare SLEAXZ5E separately, the system shows it without any problem:

My question is, I know the system shows a maximum of 250 results to searches that don't specify airlines. Why it isn't showing the lowest one first? For example, the AD base fare is lower than AT base fare. There is a sequence of airlines it searches first? That's why it didn't show AD results? Or this is random?
The difference isn't that you added the Fare Basis code to the search, the real difference is that you also added the airline code to the search. Try the search again specifying AD but not the Fare Basis and you'll see you now see all the AD fares. There must be some quirk that AD fares only get returned from the reservation system when it is specified, which we haven't seen with other airlines.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:44 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
Does Expertflyer display the reason for the cancellation of a flight? If so where can I find it? I am particularly interested in this flight:

You are looking at it. The "Comments" area of the Flight Status search is where that extended information would be, however it's not supported by all airlines. DY apparently being one that doesn't support that data.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:34 am

Deciphering Flight Status Comments

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I couldn't find anything definitive:

Is there an online resource that can help decipher the codes and abbreviations used in the "View Additional Comments" that describe the specific situation and causes for delays cancellations, etc.?

Here's an example (not looking to decode this specific situation, just looking for a place where I can look up the various codes):

☨DTE CHNG FLT☨ ORIG 7JAN
MCO 925P B 90
YOW ☨ MAGATE 1218A
5MCO/UPLINE DLY MED UNCONTROLLABLE IN MBJ *1332*JEUGF4
3MCO/ETD 2310 WS *2151*HDQHTN
4MCO/OUT 2316 OFF 2339 *2239*HDQHTN
2YOW/ON 0212 IN 0217 *0120*HDQHT
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:44 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by WithIntent
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I couldn't find anything definitive:

Is there an online resource that can help decipher the codes and abbreviations used in the "View Additional Comments" that describe the specific situation and causes for delays cancellations, etc.?

Here's an example (not looking to decode this specific situation, just looking for a place where I can look up the various codes):

☨DTE CHNG FLT☨ ORIG 7JAN
MCO 925P B 90
YOW ☨ MAGATE 1218A
5MCO/UPLINE DLY MED UNCONTROLLABLE IN MBJ *1332*JEUGF4
3MCO/ETD 2310 WS *2151*HDQHTN
4MCO/OUT 2316 OFF 2339 *2239*HDQHTN
2YOW/ON 0212 IN 0217 *0120*HDQHT
The Help for the Flight Status response page has some of the common abbreviations: https://www.expertflyer.com/popup/he...s-results.html
WithIntent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.