ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Personally, I'm really not sure what you're asking.
Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance? Thanks.. Jon
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is there any kind of API I can use?

I basically want to set schedule change and equipment change alerts for every flight I have in TripIt (which does have an API).

I have 72 flights currently booked between now and the end of 2017 (and there will be more), which is why it's not really feasible for me to do this for each one individually.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MarJon
Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance?
Personally, I use it to see available fares and to check the rules of cheaper fares to see whether/how/when I could build a trip to take advantage of them.

In addition, I check the expiry (or ticket by) dates of the fares so that I know how urgent the decision-making process is. (While fare rules are available via ITA as well, you can only see them after picking specific dates; EF allows the exploration process to be done in the opposite order.)

The availability displays then point me to the flights on which I'm likely to be able to get space, and identify flights which won't work for the fares I want to pay.

Minimum Connection Time information also helps me to build itineraries, if I'm dubious about the connections that are automatically offered.

And while personal schedules and flight timings are likely to dictate which flights I take, in the case of a dead heat then I might use seat maps to pick a flight that's got physical seats on the aircraft that I prefer.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Maybe a better way to ask it is, how do you use EF functionality when making paid-for reservations well in advance? Thanks.. Jon
I set up seat alerts for two reasons: 1) for desirable seats that were not available at time of booking. 2) for my own seat, so I can see if I've somehow been booted out of my seat.

I set up plane change alerts, so I can readily rebook my seat if I do not like the seat that I was given.

I use the tool to see seat maps.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Thank you Globaliser & 747FC..... Does EF cover BA? Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does EF cover BA?
Yes, including availability in award booking classes.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:25 pm

Thanks Globaliser
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
ExpertFlyer.com Bug?

Anyone else getting an error once logging-in to expertflyer.com? I only see masthead with this error "function() {/*document.write(' " then rest of page is blue.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:47 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mh3265a
Anyone else getting an error once logging-in to expertflyer.com? I only see masthead with this error "function() {/*document.write(' " then rest of page is blue.
No we have had no reports of that. Please try with a different browser/device or private browsing mode. If you still have an issue please email us directly for help - [email protected]
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
No we have had no reports of that. Please try with a different browser/device or private browsing mode. If you still have an issue please email us directly for help - [email protected]
Thanks! Used a different browser and it worked.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:26 am

Award spaces available question

I am tracking award spaces on CX F. Some times ExpertFlyer shows F6A5, F6A4. I don't understand how many seats available. You know only 6 seats on CX First. So F6A6 and F4A4 is reasonable. Can someone can explain it?

Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

F6A4 = 6 seats in total. Will sell 6 off F class, but no more than 4 off as A class (cheaper-more restrictive?).
The seats shown varies by airline. For example could be more than 6, but will never show more than 6.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
F6A4 = 6 seats in total. Will sell 6 off F class, but no more than 4 off as A class (cheaper-more restrictive?).
The seats shown varies by airline. For example could be more than 6, but will never show more than 6.
Thank you. So F6 A5 means 1 seat sold in A class already? There are still 5 seats available on CX First. F6 A4 means 2 seats sold and 4 seats available. Right?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mypresario
So F6 A5 means 1 seat sold in A class already? ... F6 A4 means 2 seats sold and 4 seats available. Right?
Not necessarily.

All that F6 A4 means is "At this moment in time, I am prepared to take 6 reservations in F class at once. At this moment, I am also prepared to take 4 reservations in A class at once."

It tells you nothing about how many reservations have already been made in either F class or A class. It could be zero in both classes.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone else not being to access the EF website? Tried using Chrome and Safari for iPad and not connecting to site. No problems accessing any other sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.