ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:47 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the Travel Tools forum.

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:55 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

The issue will be addressed with our next update. Please send all bug reports or questions about how to use ExpertFlyer to [email protected] Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:58 am

I have a question. When I'm searching for fare availability, is it possible to show all fares for that day (when I need to select the time of day). Someone suggested selecting 12:00AM, but doing that only gave me flights before noon, when I know there are mor flights later in the day.

I am on the trial membership right now and considering subscribing to premium, but this is really annoying as I have to do each search multiple times with different times of the day.

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:03 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
I have a question. When I'm searching for fare availability, is it possible to show all fares for that day (when I need to select the time of day). Someone suggested selecting 12:00AM, but doing that only gave me flights before noon, when I know there are mor flights later in the day.

I am on the trial membership right now and considering subscribing to premium, but this is really annoying as I have to do each search multiple times with different times of the day.

Thanks.
If you mean Flight Availability, then if the GDS we're using for that search allows it, we can sometimes show a Get More Results link under the list of flights in which case you can use that. Otherwise no, you would have to either change the time of day, or narrow your search by specifying airlines or a specific connecting city.

Here's a tip, the "No Interline" and "At least X Connection" options force the system to use a GDS that returns more results then the default one. If you can use one of those options, that's an easy way to see more flights.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
If you mean Flight Availability, then if the GDS we're using for that search allows it, we can sometimes show a Get More Results link under the list of flights in which case you can use that.
Out of curiosity, under what conditions will the Get More Results link show?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 1:05 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Out of curiosity, under what conditions will the Get More Results link show?
It varies based on GDS used and the quantity and type of results, however it is not something that we control.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:51 am

New to Expert Flyer

So I have been playing around with Expert Flyer trying to figure out the ins and outs. The latest thing I am trying to understand is the Fare Information tab. I understand that the fares displayed are for filed fares and do not include taxes/fees. What I have been doing is flipping between Expert Flyer and ITA to get an idea of what an all in fare would be. The example I am playing with today is a flight from ORD-EZE on 04/25/13 returning 05/13/12. One of the fares displayed, ULX28VNQ, has a r/t price listed as $728. So off to ITA I go, to try to find that and get an accurate idea of the cost all in. ITA displays that booking class, but it does not show the same base round trip fare. Instead it shows ord-eze as $644 and eze-ord as $669. when I played around with other flights, say ord-lhr, the fares displayed on ITA match those i find on Expert Flyer. For example, the base fare of $213 was shown on ITA as two legs at $106.50. Made sense.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by csd97tj; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:14 am Reason: wrong spot, my apologies! Mods, please move or delete
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by csd97tj
So I have been playing around with Expert Flyer trying to figure out the ins and outs. The latest thing I am trying to understand is the Fare Information tab. I understand that the fares displayed are for filed fares and do not include taxes/fees. What I have been doing is flipping between Expert Flyer and ITA to get an idea of what an all in fare would be. The example I am playing with today is a flight from ORD-EZE on 04/25/13 returning 05/13/12. One of the fares displayed, ULX28VNQ, has a r/t price listed as $728. So off to ITA I go, to try to find that and get an accurate idea of the cost all in. ITA displays that booking class, but it does not show the same base round trip fare. Instead it shows ord-eze as $644 and eze-ord as $669. when I played around with other flights, say ord-lhr, the fares displayed on ITA match those i find on Expert Flyer. For example, the base fare of $213 was shown on ITA as two legs at $106.50. Made sense.

What am I doing wrong?
The difference may be fuel surcharges. ExpertFlyer does not price out specific flights or itineraries whereas ITA does. As such sometimes the GDS we use to display the fare tariffs can't include the fuel surcharges in the "base" fare returned as it is based on the actually flights flown. Click the Show Fares Without Surcharges option on the results page to see if the price goes down, then you know if surcharges were applied or not.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:48 am

I clicked the show without surcharges and there was no change.
I'll keep playing around with it.

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
ExpertFlyer not showing all flights

I'm currently trying to find another flight LAX-ATL-PIT and I know for a fact EF isn't showing all itineraries under "Flight Availability." How do I know? My current flight isn't on there. :-(

Am I doing something wrong?

Searching for LAX-PIT with a connection in ATL on DL 9-15-2012.

As a side, is there any way to order the flights chronologically?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:42 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
I'm currently trying to find another flight LAX-ATL-PIT and I know for a fact EF isn't showing all itineraries under "Flight Availability." How do I know? My current flight isn't on there. :-(

Am I doing something wrong?

Searching for LAX-PIT with a connection in ATL on DL 9-15-2012.

As a side, is there any way to order the flights chronologically?
If there are many flight options, not all can be shown at once as the reservation systems only return a limited amount of flights at a time. If you know the time of departure, set it in the search. If you need further assistance, please email us for help.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
ExpertFlyer Fare Information

Not displaying the fares despite checking dates/fare codes. Any advice?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Your statement is very non-specific, especially since I am seeing fare information for some sample routes I just tried, such as JFK-LAX in Sept and Oct.

Suggest you email EF customer care with route, date and airline specifics.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:56 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
When searching for carrier-specific and IATA normal fares, I've noticed that carriers will often issue two fares (e.g. two C fares) with the exact same rules at very different prices. When I try to construct an itinerary using said fare in ITA, invariably the higher fare is used. (Nothing is returned when I try to force the lower fare basis to be used.)

Why are multiple fares displayed like this in EF, and why would a reservation system ignore the lower fare?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by armagebedar
When searching for carrier-specific and IATA normal fares, I've noticed that carriers will often issue two fares (e.g. two C fares) with the exact same rules at very different prices. When I try to construct an itinerary using said fare in ITA, invariably the higher fare is used. (Nothing is returned when I try to force the lower fare basis to be used.)

Why are multiple fares displayed like this in EF, and why would a reservation system ignore the lower fare?
Did you check for differences in the routing rules? Are you comparing 2 YY fares or a YY fare to a carrier fare? Carriers don't issue YY fares, they are common to all applicable carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.