ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:44 am

I have found a fare using EF. This is AA QLX0AA3G. How do i book this? in AA.com i don't find it.

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by EZETravel
I have found a fare using EF. This is AA QLX0AA3G. How do i book this? in AA.com i don't find it.

Thanks
Did you check the availability of the fare?

See the first FAQ under "Retrieving Travel Information."
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:00 pm

The issue is i want to check from now to 3 months, how can i see that instead of 3 days
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: hilton spg aa
May be something wrong with my account setup, but i dont see an option to view prices for different booking classes. I did read EduGuide. Can someone give me steps?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:41 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

The issue is i want to check from now to 3 months, how can i see that instead of 3 days
The Flight Availability search is only a maximum of +/- 7 days. You can view fare tariffs via the Fare Information search for the next year by using the Show Fares for All Travel Dates option. However if you are looking for a multi-month flight price search calendar, use a meta search.

Originally Posted by batyam
May be something wrong with my account setup, but i dont see an option to view prices for different booking classes. I did read EduGuide. Can someone give me steps?

Thanks
The Fare Information search shows the prices for the published fare tariffs in various booking classes. If you have a Free account, click the Upgrade button to get a 5-day free trial of our Premium service.

ExpertFlyer does not price out specific flights, that is what other websites or airline websites do. The EduGuide describes the relationship between the Fare Information search, which shows the published fares, and the Flight Availability search, which shows the availability of each fare class for a flight.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:39 pm

I did a search and i found this, is says with surcharges. It is EZE-FRA. When i called AA to book it they say is without taxes and the total price is 1800. Why EF show it is with surcharges when is without them?

SLE03CQ1 AA S Round-Trip 790.00(USD) E 08/29/12
01/23/13
12/09/12
05/24/13
V / --
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:37 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I did a search and i found this, is says with surcharges. It is EZE-FRA. When i called AA to book it they say is without taxes and the total price is 1800. Why EF show it is with surcharges when is without them?

SLE03CQ1 AA S Round-Trip 790.00(USD) E 08/29/12
01/23/13
12/09/12
05/24/13
V / --
The ExpertFlyer Fare Information search lists published fare tariffs, not the prices of specific flights or itineraries. Although we ask the GDS to include the surcharges in the fares, that isn't always possible as it requires that the YQ be listed in the Surcharges section of the fare rules and that the surcharges aren't flight specific. Unless both those conditions are met, then the GDS can't properly estimate the YQ surcharges based on tariffs alone and won't return fares with the YQ included.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:56 am

Is possible to add a cheap fare search to EF? I think with that you will sell more subscriptions.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:05 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Is possible to add a cheap fare search to EF? I think with that you will sell more subscriptions.
There are many, many other websites that do low fare flight searching, some that execute it very well and provide month long searches. You can search for low published fare tariffs on ExpertFlyer, we will consider it for a future improvement, but we have no plans to offer a low fare flight search at this time.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
How to set a Flight Alert in EF for XN availablity?

Anyone know how to do this in ExpertFlyer? I just signed up for the pro version, still trying to figure it out.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat
You put in your search criteria under awards and upgrades and check the box "coach - saver awards" (go ahead and check both boxes for X and XN).
Once you do a search for your dates and find some specific flights you then need to go to the far right of the screen and you will see 3 icons. The icon you want is at the top of the 3 and looks like a ! inside a box.
Once you click that you can set you alert.
You can set many alerts for different routes/flights (I forgot how many but something like 18 different flights).
When inventory opens up you will get a e-mail, which is really nice!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:15 am

I did that, but it only allows me to enter X class, not XN class in the flight alert??

It won't let me enter more than one letter in the "class" box. Any way around this?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by wified
I did that, but it only allows me to enter X class, not XN class in the flight alert??
Did you search for both X and XN? When I search for both types, I can create flight alerts for each type. If I only search for 'X', I can only create a flight alert for 'X'.

It won't let me enter more than one letter in the "class" box. Any way around this?
If you mark the 'X' and 'XN' checkboxes in the "Awards & Upgrade" tool and perform a search, you can then click on the "!" to create a flight alert. In the flight alert window, there is a drop-down box where you can pick one of the classes that you searched for. No need to type any class anywhere. Are you using "Awards & Upgrades" or "Flight Availability"?

Last edited by Vunder31; Jul 7, 2012 at 4:36 am Reason: Additional question by OP
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:50 am

I was using their mobile interface, not the desktop one. Thanks for your help, and I'll notify EF, since this needs to be fixed.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by wified

Yes, do it from awards/upgrades results screen, not flight availability results screen where you will run into the problem you had. That's what Vunder31 is showing in his/her example also.

Make sure to select XN when you search for award availability first so you can select it from the results page alert button next to the flights you want to create alerts for.

It would be nice if they let us fill in more than one letter on the flight availability page create alert pop-up as well.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.