Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Great service. Well worth $5/6 months.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 5:43 am

YMMV but this site is always sending me false expiration dates on my airline miles. Shows short-term upcoming expiration dates for AA and other airlines when, in fact, the expirations are a year or more in the future. And not when I have just recently had some activity to extend the dates - in some cases the dates were extended months ago and the short-term expiration notice still shows up.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by upgrader
YMMV but this site is always sending me false expiration dates on my airline miles. Shows short-term upcoming expiration dates for AA and other airlines when, in fact, the expirations are a year or more in the future. And not when I have just recently had some activity to extend the dates - in some cases the dates were extended months ago and the short-term expiration notice still shows up.
My expiration dates are correct. I just got 500 miles on United from this "Big Fish" and the date has been extended immediately. All others dates are correct too. Only Lufthansa has "Expiration Unknown" ... and I don't see an expiration date on my LH account.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USAFAN
My expiration dates are correct. I just got 500 miles on United from this "Big Fish" and the date has been extended immediately. All others dates are correct too. Only Lufthansa has "Expiration Unknown" ... and I don't see an expiration date on my LH account.
Same exact experience for me. I find their expiration dates to be very reliable. I'm over a year in, and they haven't given me any false info on that front that I've noticed yet, and I haven't had any miles expire anywhere.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:53 am

Wow! Go AwardWallet design!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by southsoccer
Wow! Go AwardWallet design!
Do you like it? I kind of hate it, and liked the old version much more. It was clearer, showed more information on a single screen, and the color scheme would be a fitting for a politician's poorly designed website. Wish there were an option to revert back, but I can't find one.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Do you like it? I kind of hate it, and liked the old version much more. It was clearer, showed more information on a single screen, and the color scheme would be a fitting for a politician's poorly designed website. Wish there were an option to revert back, but I can't find one.
Indeed, new design is very hard to follow for me.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - my first reaction was, glad they're thinking about interface design, but I don't like this change.

But I'm willing to bet that it's just the issue of change I don't like, and that I'll grow to like the design. These guys seem pretty on the ball to me. I'm guessing they thought this through.

I was hoping that I'd find "Check All Accounts in This View" on top now, but no such luck.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Indeed, new design is very hard to follow for me.
+1. I like the design on the home page (before logging in), but I can't stand the new design of the "My Balances" page. Yikes.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:11 am

All it opens for me now is a small window when I try to log on and I need to scroll around in the window to see just a few letters at a time!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:22 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
All it opens for me now is a small window when I try to log on and I need to scroll around in the window to see just a few letters at a time!
This was a bug related to http protocol and IE browser. Login has to go via https and in IE if you were to hit the page form http://awardwallet.com it would fail like that because the authentication always happens via https. Long story short, it has been addressed. Sorry we should have done a better job at testing this stuff.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:27 pm

I also seriously dislike the redesign. The old design was much simpler, more compactly displayed and easier to read.

I also concur that the "Update all accounts" button should be at the top; it's annoying to scroll down through 25 accounts to find it each time.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the site -- I'm just not thrilled with how it looks now.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I was hoping that I'd find "Check All Accounts in This View" on top now, but no such luck.
i had the same first thought when i saw the site redesign, and share the letdown that others have expressed.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 2:52 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Please, bring the old design back.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:02 pm

Thumbs up Great Award Wallet experience

Award Wallet is the best program I've used by far. Mile Tracker was a constant hassle, whereas Award Wallet rarely goes more than a day without addressing a problem. They have also done a great job of adding new programs. I gave $10 for the upgraded service, but I am going to give more new time around. One click in the morning and I know what's going on with my accounts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.