Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: UA G
HOWTO: Backup your locally-saved AwardWallet.com passwords

So I save my awardwallet.com passwords locally, but I rue the day I have to re-enter all of those passwords.

You can backup your locally-saved passwords by going to your account listing page on AwardWallet.com and pasting this URL into the address bar:
Code:
javascript:var a = document.cookie.split(';'); for(var i in a) { var b = a[i].split('='); if(b[0].replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g, '') == "AP") document.writeln(escape(a[i].substr(4))); }
You should get back a single line of text that begins with the letter "a". This is a list of your accounts with their encoded passwords. Save this line.

If you ever want to restore your passwords to AwardWallet, login to get to your list of accounts and paste the following line into your address bar. Replace the red passwordLine with the blob of text you saved above.

Code:
javascript:document.cookie="AP=passwordLine; path=/account/; expires=Sun, 23-Aug-2037 4:42:42 GMT; secure"
You should now be able to update your accounts using your locally-saved passwords.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:30 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by unavaca
So I save my awardwallet.com passwords locally, but I rue the day I have to re-enter all of those passwords.

You can backup your locally-saved passwords by going to your account listing page on AwardWallet.com and pasting this URL into the address bar:
Code:
javascript:var a = document.cookie.split(';'); for(var i in a) { var b = a[i].split('='); if(b[0].replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g, '') == "AP") document.writeln(escape(a[i].substr(4))); }
You should get back a single line of text that begins with the letter "a". This is a list of your accounts with their encoded passwords. Save this line.

If you ever want to restore your passwords to AwardWallet, login to get to your list of accounts and paste the following line into your address bar. Replace the red passwordLine with the blob of text you saved above.

Code:
javascript:document.cookie="AP=passwordLine; path=/account/; expires=Sun, 23-Aug-2037 4:42:42 GMT; secure"
You should now be able to update your accounts using your locally-saved passwords.
This is pretty cool. I tired it and it worked just fine to transfer my local passwords from Chrome to Firefox. We should add similar functionality on AwardWallet directly on the account list page, but given our current backlog it may not happen for a while. In the meantime this solution should work just fine. Thanks a lot for sharing!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
nice bookmarklets... ^

i wish this forum did reputation...

for everyone else, manually create a bookmark in your browser with the javascript snippet as the URL (instead of: http://www.....html) and when you're at the AW page, click the bookmark and you'll get the info out.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA G
Is the AwardWallet API publicly available?
Old May 12, 2011, 9:19 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by unavaca
Is the AwardWallet API publicly available?
Yes we sell our API. Please contact us: http://awardwallet.com/contact.php with your details and we can send you the documentation and a trial key and discuss pricing if you are interested.

Last edited by veresch; May 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm
Old May 13, 2011, 5:00 am

At one time the "last update" date was showing and now it is not. It was helpful to remind me when I last refreshed all balances.

Can you add this back?
Old May 13, 2011, 9:02 am

Nice site. Wouldn't have found out about if but for this thread. Just signed up.

I'm a regular user of Yodlee, but the alerts for mile expiration are a unique and useful feature, so I just signed up and entered my mileage accounts.

Thanks for providing such a valuable service!
Old May 13, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I'd love to see an "update all" button on the iPad and android apps. Fantastic product!
Old May 15, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by gnat_
Nice site. Wouldn't have found out about if but for this thread. Just signed up.

I'm a regular user of Yodlee, but the alerts for mile expiration are a unique and useful feature, so I just signed up and entered my mileage accounts.

Thanks for providing such a valuable service!
+1

AwardWallet is the best I've found for tracking expiration (the only one that can track Alaska for example). And their customer support is verrry responsive.

Last edited by birdboy; May 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Is the Chase Ultimate Rewards program available to add to AwardWallet? I don't see it anywhere...
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The AwardWallet people are very responsive about adding new programs.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I would like to see the following change:

Each time we go onto AW we see each program's last move we see a green up arrow and +xxx (or a read down arrow and -xxxxxx) the respective change. The problem is that these stay constant UNTIL the next change. With some seldom used accounts they almost....never change!

So, when I update all the accounts and see my total balance number went up then I go through all my accounts and try to reconcile the number to see which account(s) earned it. Too cumbersome!!

Delete all up and down arrows and zero out the changes after each update. So....when we update all accounts we can easily identify the accounts whose balance changed since the LAST update.

And please add the same feature in the Android app which still lacks a total balance number.

Thank you.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The AwardWallet people are very responsive about adding new programs.
Thanks. AwardWallet people, can you please add Chase Ultimate Rewards under Credit Cards?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by blase
Thanks. AwardWallet people, can you please add Chase Ultimate Rewards under Credit Cards?
+1
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by blase
Did you write & ask them to? I did and they said "probably not" because of technical issues. Sorry gang! Excel is your friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.