Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:49 am

If you have a Citi AA card and your AA miles balance is on the Citi site, can award Wallet not figure out how to pull from Citi if you connect your Citi account ?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyingx
Any suggestions for AwardWallet alternatives for people that fly primarily United?
The site gives instructions on how to do it through email forwarding. I tried it and am waiting how often I get an email from UA. Kind of a pain doing it manually right now.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 7:40 am

I like that when you go to edit an account, it shows you if the user/password are on the dark web and how many times. Is there a summary anywhere? I don't want to go individually into the 60+ accounts I manage.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by mileshound
I like that when you go to edit an account, it shows you if the user/password are on the dark web and how many times. Is there a summary anywhere? I don't want to go individually into the 60+ accounts I manage.
Google does that if you use the chrome password manager.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:04 am

If you have passwords saved locally is there an easy way to export them so they can be moved to a new computer?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, FB Gold, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
If you have passwords saved locally is there an easy way to export them so they can be moved to a new computer?
Check the box below "ALL" (shown as checked in blue below). Click on "Actions" to get drop-down menu. Click on "Backup Passwords". Use "Restore Passwords" on the new computer.

Expect the file to be downloaded into your DOWNLOAD folder with a filename of the date of download followed by "_AWBackup" and a file extension of ".aw" (e.g., 2023_12_30_AWBackup.aw)

st1575 likes this.

Last edited by jmd001; Dec 30, 2023 at 10:49 am Reason: Add name and location of downloaded file
Old Dec 30, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by jmd001
Check the box below "ALL" (shown as checked in blue below). Click on "Actions" to get drop-down menu. Click on "Backup Passwords". Use "Restore Passwords" on the new computer.

Expect the file to be downloaded into your DOWNLOAD folder with a filename of the date of download followed by "_AWBackup" and a file extension of ".aw" (e.g., 2023_12_30_AWBackup.aw)

This worked perfectly, thank you!
jmd001 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Having a difficult time updating Chase when needing to enter a OTP code sent over SMS. The automation isn't giving me enough time to enter the code and the password before proceeding.
hurnik likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
BA is now completely broken due to their implementation of 2-factor authentication, and AA completely blocked AW recently. Is this going to be a trend where airlines refuse to allow AW to be used? It's a shame, I like the product but I won't be renewing much longer if my main airline isn't supported...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by alex67500
BA is now completely broken due to their implementation of 2-factor authentication, and AA completely blocked AW recently. Is this going to be a trend where airlines refuse to allow AW to be used? It's a shame, I like the product but I won't be renewing much longer if my main airline isn't supported...
looks like this is now fixed for BA. Hooray
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:24 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately with the rise of attacks and stolen FF points/miles, 2fa is going to become the norm. Whether they choose to allow tools like AW through (or whether they will go the way of AA and block it) is to be seen. I'd always be wary of giving a non-security focused company (eg it isn't like a password manager, where security is their entire job) access to plaintext passwords to multiple accounts on my behalf, I feel like it's only a matter of time before they change the attack vector from attacking individual accounts to attacking via AW.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 3:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by rajuabju
looks like this is now fixed for BA. Hooray
It isn't though, it only works if you update it via your browser / the app. I'm interested in background updates where they tell me my balance changed or my seat changed when I wasn't expecting it. It's become useless to me so I won't be renewing when my current Plus expires.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 10:03 am

Lufthansa miles&more is fully broken for weeksnow and AW has no plans on getting it fixed besides the m&m / LH page is very easy to scrape and no 2FA is mandatory.
What a shame.
yst likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 4:36 pm

It isn't though, it only works if you update it via your browser / the app. I'm interested in background updates where they tell me my balance changed or my seat changed when I wasn't expecting it. It's become useless to me so I won't be renewing when my current Plus expires.
This is kind of how I feel. I know it’s not really AW’s fault but the only way I can really update these days is to install the plugin and run the update manually from a computer. Even then, I have to manually enter a dozen OTPs which may or may not work. Just doesn’t seem worth the hassle anymore. For banks / credit cards, they’d probably be better moving to some sort of Plaid system to do updates, which might make things smoother, but overall I don’t think I’ll renew either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.