Wiki Posts
Search

Kissandfly is a SCAM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Is this app a scam?

Hi-

I've been searching for a flight from NYC to SAV in April, and have been getting frustrated by the high prices for this route. I searched the app store through my phone for an app that would help predict prices, and I came across the following app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/last...952459926?mt=8

I assumed the app was legitimate, and have been monitoring the costs reported on the app. Last night, I found a favorable price, so I went ahead and booked.

I received emails indicating that flights on United and Delta were booked for the price listed, as well as a small charge ($3) to the airline travel agency "kissandfly." My credit card statement corroborates these charges, and both Delta and United have confirmed my tickets. Do I have anything to worry about? Is there any reason to think this is a scam?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you can use the provided PNR to look up your flights on Delta and United's websites, and they show as ticketed, then you should be fine.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: SAS G; IHG Platinum
Kissandfly is a SCAM

Bought a ticket from the website. Turned out it is a reward redemption ticket that accrues me 0 mile. They did offer a huge discount comparing to the airline website (30% off), which was why fell for it…
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Report it to the airline ... they will shut that down quickly. Dispute the CC charge.
SPN Lifer and Uhugh like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:58 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

There is additional information in the kissandfly - legit OTA? thread in the Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 13, 2024 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: SAS G; IHG Platinum
Called my credit card issuer (chase), they will not be able to reverse/dispute such charge because the purchase service is flight, and a reward ticket provides that service. Fair enough. But this kind of website should go to h.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Uhugh
Called my credit card issuer (chase), they will not be able to reverse/dispute such charge because the purchase service is flight, and a reward ticket provides that service. Fair enough. But this kind of website should go to h.
Selling award redemption tickets is a violation of most, if not all, frequent flyer programs. Should the airline find out that you paid someone for it, your ticket will be voided and you'll have to purchase another ticket in order to get on that flight.That should have been your basis for disputing the charge with Chase.
SPN Lifer and hurnik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.