Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need travel agent who can help with reward & paid bookings

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Need travel agent who can help with reward & paid bookings

Ive got a complex year of travel - usually I assess myself whether its better doing a points booking vs a paid booking, whatever works out best value but Ive got so many flights I wonder if its better
to have a travel agent to help. Does anyone know of any travel agents who can help with reward bookings and paid bookings/assessing best value for booking flights / whether its better to wrap some of them into a larger itinerary. Let me know!
Old May 8, 2024, 10:23 am

I offer award booking services to anywhere in the world . Send a PM in case I can help you.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:49 am

One thing to consider is whether you want consultation in coming up with a blended itinerary vs. using a "real" travel agent to book the non-points parts of your itinerary. I would hesitate to have someone do the bookings as a 3rd party, as I necessarily have to include them in changes, IRROPS, etc.
Check out this thread where it list people who do assistance with complicated points bookings.
Old May 9, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Jblackman1984
I’ve got a complex year of travel - usually I assess myself whether it’s better doing a points booking vs a paid booking, whatever works out best value but I’ve got so many flights I wonder if it’s better
to have a travel agent to help…. Does anyone know of any travel agents who can help with reward bookings and paid bookings/assessing best value for booking flights / whether it’s better to wrap some of them into a larger itinerary…. Let me know!
There are many Award Booking Services. At the Seattle FTU last weekend Point.me (free for some AmEx cardholders) and Roame seemed to be most highly recommended. Forbes also has recommendations. Google search will result in many different websites/services.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AC50K, Delta Gold
There are many reward booking sites, or travel agents, but few who combine both. I actually have a reliable contact who I enjoy using. Let me know if you want their contact. Happy to DM you. The amazing thing is, they use their commissions from any paid services to "credit" you for any service fees they would have charged.
Old May 12, 2024, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by aviationp
... they use their commissions from any paid services to "credit" you for any service fees they would have charged.
How do they make their income and profits?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AC50K, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
How do they make their income and profits?
They charge me a service fee. However, since I pay him service fees, he also gives me a "credit" back for any commissions he earns.

So he is still making his income and profit, but it's driven by service fees, rather than commission. Overall, I think it works out better, since he isn't incentivized to upsell me for a bit higher commission, and I give him the freedom to look at all my rewards and determine best path forward, either points or cash.
SPN Lifer and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Today, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by aviationp
.......and I give him the freedom to look at all my rewards and determine best path forward, either points or cash.
So you grant the agent access to your logins/pwords? Or just give them balance amounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.