Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by veresch
Hello, I am the "SiteAdmin" from AwardWallet. I wanted to address the stubbornness mentioned here. So it took us about 6 moths to come up with the new design. We get it that we failed miserably; however, for various technical reasons we can't roll back to the old design. It's not that we don't listen, but we have limited resources. Many things were addressed in the new design and a bunch of structural (behind the scenes) changes took place.

Here is the thing, we can't make changes overnight. We only have limited number of developers working on the site and we have to prioritize. For example when support for loyalty programs or itineraries stops working we have to go and fix it before we address design issues. A lot of that stuff is hidden from the end user so it looks like we are doing nothing and just being stubborn. In reality we are finding 24" monitors, taking a look at all the aspects of the site from different browsers on different monitors, and trying to adjust, while fixing and fine tuning our scraping technology. It really never stops.

So all we are saying is that we hear you and one way or another design issues will be addressed. Most likely we will create a setting in a profile "Regular design" / "Compact Design", but we can't make it happen overnight, so I've been asking users to hold their anger for about one or two months. During this time you will see design changes and we are open to constructive criticism during this time, but we need specifics.

Hope this helps, and I do want to say that we appreciate your support and understanding.
Don't feel bad. Yodlee has an almost complete disaster on their hands with "the beta." Same font, spacing, scroll bar problems you are facing. The core idea, copy Mint's design, is flawed. I'm not a programmer, but my advise is, forget Mint. The owner sold early for a reason.

Constructive criticism: Reactivate old layout. Work on updating the color scheme. Red in the logo is fine. Red anywhere else is not.

Work on auto-updating of the Travel Plans module. With flight consolidation, this can be a real "deal maker" for you.

Work on the weekly email update. Tell me the "net" change. Do the math for me. Include changes to my flights and seats. Make your information indispensable to the business traveller.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting, site admin!

As long as you know there's a problem, sure, I can wait.

When I saw the quote from the thread on your site, I became concerned that your fast response was over. But your reasons make good sense, and as long as I know you understand how we feel, I'll stick it out.

I'm definitely relieved by your post.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I like the structure an placement of items on the new pages, but the oversize type, poor utilization of screen space, and garish color combination nets out to a bad result. No kidding, it looks like the web page my 11-year old did for a Saturday class recently.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:39 am

For what its worth.....

Use the "zoom" feature on your browser, and zoom out once or twice, will make Awardwallet easier on your eyes.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
The service is as useful as it was before, but the layout and large font makes it harder to access the functionality and the design isn't very elegant - maybe it's me but it looks like an American Airlines site with oversize font.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Jim055
Work on the weekly email update. Tell me the "net" change. Do the math for me.
+1
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
A "total" line would be nice for the iPhone app
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Mehdron
+1
++
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:41 am

AwardWallet's Facebook application page has a free upgrade offer. I suggest "liking" their page to receive more updates about cool offers, miles deals and relevant travel info.

http://www.facebook.com/AwardWalletDotCom

Last edited by southsoccer; Feb 20, 2011 at 9:54 pm Reason: link change
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:38 pm

GHA Discovery

The new UI is not the end of the world. AW still has great functionality and is better than the other options out there.

Any chance of adding GHA Discovery Points?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:24 am

Smile

Has anyone noticed under "my account" there is now an option to view the AW website in a more compact view?

Pretty cool!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by southsoccer
Has anyone noticed under "my account" there is now an option to view the AW website in a more compact view?

Pretty cool!
+1 .... also the new button to "update" at the top of the page is great; don't have to scroll to the bottom to update all accounts!

IMHO, the new format (when using the "compact" option) is better than the old format!

Great job AwardWallet staff!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
+1 Great job listening to your customers and implementing feedback quickly.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:49 am
Company Representative - AwardWallet

AwardWallet is pleased that so many frequent flyers have taken advantage of our recent coupon code blitz!

For anyone that has, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd "Like" our Facebook page and maybe even write a review about us in the Reviews tab.

http://www.facebook.com/AwardWalletDotCom

Thanks and happy travels,

The AwardWallet team
Old Mar 19, 2011, 7:30 pm

Another free upgrade offer for AwardWallet Plus for all new users:

http://gimmiefreebies.com/awardwallet-your-free-gift/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.