Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by tpat

anyone else seeing this?
+1.
I suspect the reason is that I saved my password to my PC and not on the Award Wallet server. Hence I need to re-enter the credentials. Having said that, the dialog box should be designed to appear within the screen visible area.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:54 am
Community Director Emerita

I love AwardWallet, but fairly frequently it stalls on an airline or hotel site. I wish that after some period of no success, it would move on to the next.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I love AwardWallet, but fairly frequently it stalls on an airline or hotel site. I wish that after some period of no success, it would move on to the next.
Question for AwardWallet, since I'm too lazy to look at the code myself: I'm guessing you query the airline sites server-side rather than with client-side AJAX? If so, it should be fairly simple (and you should have plenty of bandwidth) to parallel-ize the requests. That would not only speed up the process, but it would mostly solve the problem seen above (though a timeout would still be a good idea).

Also, it seems you do background updates without use needing to manually update--is that daily?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 1:56 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by SQFAN
Dear AwardWallet : The AppleApp program is currently listing my entries alphabetically. Is it possible to have it listed by hotel and flyer programs categories please? Thanks.
Unfortunately it is not possible today and it won't be in the next release. If you are looking for a specific program you can try the search option though.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by tpat
i'm having problems with the auto log-in feature in awardwallet's iphone app. any time i try to auto log-in to a frequent flyer or hotel rewards account, a message pops up and prompts me for my log-in info. this pop-up message does not display properly on the screen, as i can only read the bottom half of the message.

anyone else seeing this?
I've seen this bug when I was testing it. I thought we fixed it. Perhaps we fixed it for some scenarios but not for all. So what it is prompting you for is your AwardWallet password, not the loyalty program's password. I've forwarded this post to the dev guys. If we can reproduce it we will fix it in the next release.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've forwarded this to the dev team.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
Question for AwardWallet, since I'm too lazy to look at the code myself: I'm guessing you query the airline sites server-side rather than with client-side AJAX? If so, it should be fairly simple (and you should have plenty of bandwidth) to parallel-ize the requests. That would not only speed up the process, but it would mostly solve the problem seen above (though a timeout would still be a good idea).

Also, it seems you do background updates without use needing to manually update--is that daily?
Theoretically we could run this in parallel. The idea is that you shouldn't have to do a "Check All" as we check the balances anyway in the background about once every 1.5 - 2 days. Thanks for the feedback though, this is definitely something to consider going forward.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by SQFAN
+1.
I suspect the reason is that I saved my password to my PC and not on the Award Wallet server. Hence I need to re-enter the credentials. Having said that, the dialog box should be designed to appear within the screen visible area.
No it has nothing to do with passwords stored locally. We are prompting for the AwardWallet password. This is a security feature in case if you loose your phone noone can use the auto-login without knowing your master AwardWallet password.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: AA, Etihad, Saudia,
Will Award Wallet be adding support for Saudi Arabian Airlines in the future?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SlapshotPAX
Will Award Wallet be adding support for Saudi Arabian Airlines in the future?
Shoot them an email. I asked about ML Signature Visa support and they added it within a couple of days! After that, I upgraded to Plus.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: United 1K
Very impressed with AwardWallet and just upgraded to Plus.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:16 pm

Me too.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
If they could somehow deal with not hanging while updating the balances and adding that "check balances" button near the top instead of having to scroll all the way down....AW would be Number 1^
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
If they could somehow deal with not hanging while updating the balances and adding that "check balances" button near the top instead of having to scroll all the way down....AW would be Number 1^

Yes - +1 on putting the "check balances" button near the top!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Better yet, just automatically check all balances daily at 1:00am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.