Reload this Page >

Google Chromecast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Chromecast

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:07 pm

Regarding the Tronsmart, everything I've read about Miracast indicates that it is very iffy to get it to work regardless of manufacturer because of all the variations allowed.

I haven't experienced that for myself but can attest to the fact that getting Chromecast going was very easy.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Just got a Chromecast app update that enables Google's new "Guest Mode"... it purports to let others cast to your screen without using a wi-fi network...

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6109286

Could this be the local media solution for hotel rooms many of us have been waiting for?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:52 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Just got a Chromecast app update that enables Google's new "Guest Mode"... it purports to let others cast to your screen without using a wi-fi network...

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6109286

Could this be the local media solution for hotel rooms many of us have been waiting for?
I hope so but it says that you need to be connected to a wifi network to use guest mode.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Just a PSA, cause a bunch of folks may be getting a Chromecast for the holidays or you find Google's help page difficult to navigate...

A good source of info on new developments and tech related help can often be found at http://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:32 am

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I purchased a TP-Link Router, the TL-WR710N because I had read that people had luck using it in a hotel to get around the "click through" screen that hotels make you log in with and getting their Chromecast to work.

However, I have followed the directions of putting the router in WISP mode but I can never get it to work.

Can someone help me out with a VERY basic, step by step guide of how to do this? I've searched and searched and the best instructions I found were on Amazon's product reviews, but I still can't get it to work.

I am using a Mac if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.