Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:11 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Well I'm sure a lot of people are going to visit more than 9 countries in their life...
I'm sure, but out of the 13 that you can have a local number? And in the span of keeping the SIM valid and using it?

Remember you can roam as much as you want. That limit applies to the local countries
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
So if I go to Spain, activate a local number, then am out of Spain for a few months, then activate a Spain number again, I am assuming that means I have used 2 numbers?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
So if I go to Spain, activate a local number, then am out of Spain for a few months, then activate a Spain number again, I am assuming that means I have used 2 numbers?
I'm pretty sure you can have local numbers for up to nine countries. If you need a new Spanish number, you're still using the same international mobile subscriber identity. The network just maps that IMSI number to a different phone number.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by ajGoes
I'm pretty sure you can have local numbers for up to nine countries. If you need a new Spanish number, you're still using the same international mobile subscriber identity. The network just maps that IMSI number to a different phone number.
Exactly!
Your not using 2 numbers from the 9, your using 1 country from the 9.
It might be a bit tricky to understand but basically if you have country X, it doesn't matter how many times you activated a number, deactivated a number, added a annual number or what ever the only count is 1 - for adding country X.

since I got the sim a year ago I had to add at least 20+ numbers, if not more and I had no issues.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jason8612
I'm sure, but out of the 13 that you can have a local number? And in the span of keeping the SIM valid and using it?

Remember you can roam as much as you want. That limit applies to the local countries
You should look at their roaming rates outside of their base countries, I might as well use my normal phone.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:01 pm

You should look at their roaming rates outside of their base countries, I might as well use my normal phone.
Of course, but I'm just explaining the country limit
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:55 pm
Suspended

For those that said they were offered a new sim by Toggle, would that be a new account, or a replacement sim for your account?

Edit: Just heard from them. Guess it has to be a new account with a new SIM and you can't transfer credits. Guess I won't be able to try Roamer for a bit longer... =(

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 11, 2014 at 10:36 am
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
I used them the end of last year in both the UK and in Ireland. You can order their Sim with a starter kit for free and have it shipped to you here in the US. I was able to setup my account and test the sim for calls prior to my departure. Calling inbound/outbound was excellent and I had coverage in more than 90% of the areas that I was at. The data was good, just remember to turn data off when you are not using it or it could run you up and use up all of your prepaid monies quickly. I was able to get 9 days of calls and data without doing a recharge.

-Patrick
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:03 am

For those that said they were offered a new sim by Toggle, would that be a new account, or a replacement sim for your account?

Edit: Just heard from them. Guess it has to be a new account with a new SIM and you can't transfer credits. Guess I won't be able to try Roamer for a bit longer... =(
Ah that's no good. I didn't follow-up with them as I don't need a new SIM. But that sucks that you need a new account.
I wonder what happens if you "lost" your SIM?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jason8612
Ah that's no good. I didn't follow-up with them as I don't need a new SIM. But that sucks that you need a new account.
I wonder what happens if you "lost" your SIM?
I was wondering the same thing. Their social media team used to be really good about answering questions, but not lately. =(
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:43 am
Suspended

Trying to register SIM. Running into a problem. It's asking for my Toggle #, and I don't have one yet.

toggle mobile number (e.g. 074********): ____________???

My phone is showing the number: 44 000 000 0000

Where do I go from here?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Trying to register SIM. Running into a problem. It's asking for my Toggle #, and I don't have one yet.

toggle mobile number (e.g. 074********): ____________???

My phone is showing the number: 44 000 000 0000

Where do I go from here?
There should be a sticker on the back of the card that your SIM came with that has the number on it.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:05 am
Suspended

There should be a sticker on the back of the card that your SIM came with that has the number on it.
The sticker says "for mobile number please insert sim card"

FWIW: I called myself (the network shown is T-Mobile) and it came up as a Minnesota number.

Tried to send texts from the same number to no avail.

Right now just trying to get the thing registered. Leave for Europe shortly.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pricesquire
The sticker says "for mobile number please insert sim card"

FWIW: I called myself (the network shown is T-Mobile) and it came up as a Minnesota number.

Tried to send texts from the same number to no avail.

Right now just trying to get the thing registered. Leave for Europe shortly.
Are you on an iPhone? It always showed my +44 number in my contacts list there.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:28 am
Suspended

Blackberry Curve 9300.

Weird, as the BB shows my number as 44 000 000 0000

And my test call to my iPhone showed my number as a regular ol' US number from Minnesota

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.