Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
@ajgoes: that is what I get on mine, if the country is not in there, then the advice is to select Roaming.
At the moment I have two activated old-style Toggle micro-SIMs with credit on them and one unactivated new-style nano-SIM. I've changed phones since I got the micros. My new phone requires a nano. I'm wondering whether I should transfer my account from its micro to the nano or cut the micro down to nano size.

As I understand it, the old-style SIM doesn't have pre-programmed countries on it.

Any advice?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by ajGoes
At the moment I have two activated old-style Toggle micro-SIMs with credit on them and one unactivated new-style nano-SIM. I've changed phones since I got the micros. My new phone requires a nano. I'm wondering whether I should transfer my account from its micro to the nano or cut the micro down to nano size.

As I understand it, the old-style SIM doesn't have pre-programmed countries on it.

Any advice?
If Toggle do a SIM swap then it might be best to go that route - but I have had SIMs cut down to nano size before and not had an issue. So long as you go to someone that has had experience of it then there is not usually an issue, the only danger is if they cut the metal so they need to use the correct cutter.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:31 am

If Toggle do a SIM swap then it might be best to go that route - but I have had SIMs cut down to nano size before and not had an issue. So long as you go to someone that has had experience of it then there is not usually an issue, the only danger is if they cut the metal so they need to use the correct cutter.
I have a cutter and I've practiced on a spare SIM, so I'd do it myself. Not much to lose, really, given that I've got a brand-new unactivated nano SIM that Toggle sent me. If I ruin the micro, I can just call Toggle to swap my account to the new one.

What I'm wondering about is whether there's any advantage to sticking with the old SIM that didn't come with preloaded countries in the SIM utility's Manual menu.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a cutter and I've practiced on a spare SIM, so I'd do it myself. Not much to lose, really, given that I've got a brand-new unactivated nano SIM that Toggle sent me. If I ruin the micro, I can just call Toggle to swap my account to the new one.

What I'm wondering about is whether there's any advantage to sticking with the old SIM that didn't come with preloaded countries in the SIM utility's Manual menu.
I don't have an answer for that, but if you are happy with the way that it is working now and have had no issues then I would keep that SIM if it was me. I don't like change any longer ...
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:38 pm

Italy is one of the 20 countries that is being advertised for free incoming calls, but when you do a rate check I get this

Making calls 0.18£/min
Local calls 0.18£/min
Receiving calls 0.04£/min
Send SMS 0.05£/SMS
Data 0.67£/MB
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:31 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm using them in the usa and found a interesting way to get free calls even if you call out. Since I have Google voice I just downloaded a callback app. So when I dial out it calls me back within a few seconds. I answer it and it connects the call.
The only downside is that it needs Internet. So I got this paired with my freedompop Hotspot.

Works quite well.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by jason8612
I'm using them in the usa and found a interesting way to get free calls even if you call out. Since I have Google voice I just downloaded a callback app. So when I dial out it calls me back within a few seconds. I answer it and it connects the call.
The only downside is that it needs Internet. So I got this paired with my freedompop Hotspot.

Works quite well.
which callback app are you using?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Imagine the possiblities with a TMobile global data SIM, a dual SIM Motorola G, and a Toggle SIM. Western Europe and Australia are now part of your local calling plan.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Italy is one of the 20 countries that is being advertised for free incoming calls, but when you do a rate check I get this

Making calls 0.18£/min
Local calls 0.18£/min
Send SMS 0.05£/SMS
Data 0.67£/MB
Interesting. This seems to be the case in several European countries when not using Toggle local numbers.

Using a local number in those territories would produce the 0p/minute rate to receive but that option is not available for Italy.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Making calls 0.18£/min
Local calls 0.18£/min
Send SMS 0.05£/SMS
Data 0.67£/MB
I don't think they are blessed with the greatest website design in the world so I would shoot an email to them at [email protected] to confirm.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:52 am

I don't think they are blessed with the greatest website design in the world so I would shoot an email to them at [email protected] to confirm.
I was thinking of doing it so I have a written proof.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A smart move. You will get a canned reply where you might have to ask them to pass it on to a grown-up or at the very least re-read it, but they do seem to get there in the end so long as you are firm, but polite.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:58 am

A smart move. You will get a canned reply where you might have to ask them to pass it on to a grown-up or at the very least re-read it, but they do seem to get there in the end so long as you are firm, but polite.
I have contacted them via email in the past, so I know what you mean.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:07 am

If you are overcharged and can justify the time, grit your teeth and pursue it with their CS. When they refuse to rectify the matter, request a "deadlock letter to submit to Toggle's alternative dispute resolution scheme." If my experience is any guide, these magic words will nudge them to return the amount they owe you.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:52 am

If you are overcharged and can justify the time, grit your teeth and pursue it with their CS. When they refuse to rectify the matter, request a "deadlock letter to submit to Toggle's alternative dispute resolution scheme." If my experience is any guide, these magic words will nudge them to return the amount they owe you.
I would certainly hope they can resolve any matters that can arise without any escalation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.