Reload this Page >

Best antivirus protection to go for

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best antivirus protection to go for

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:39 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
But first make sure that everything you need to do can be done on a Chromebook; for me there are some lacks that are deal-breakers for making mine my main machine.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My new Lenovo X220 came with 30 days of McAfee LiveSafe. For a year's subscription, they want a "special 50% off price" of $39.

So far, it has seemed obtrusive and not hogging resources (but then, I've not transferred anything over yet.)

Is this a good deal? More important, is this a good program, or should I uninstall and put on FreeAVG which I'm currently using, reasonably happy with (except for the annoying and too-frequent pop-up upsell offers and the need to reboot too often), and is, uh, free. I don't know what the current thinking on the best programs are and I know this is a very moving target.

My previous (well, actually current) X220 came with Norton and what an awful experience that was -- twice it crashed winsock on three family machines and it took much futzing to get the internet back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.