[archived] Favorite android application

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[archived] Favorite android application

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Bubble - turn your phone into a carpenters level. Comes in handy if you are doing any quick home improvement projects.

Dog Whistler - my dog's gave a single head turn and then didn't care, but discovered you can irritate teenagers that can hear high frequencies that adults can't.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by tev9999
Are there any streaming radio apps besides iheartradio? I'm looking for streams of actual stations - not services like Pandora that stream MP3s.
Xiia Live is pretty good and works with Shoutcast. That said, I can't find any station that seem to carry Bob & Tom that doesn't use a proprietary player.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Probably not the most awesome app ever, but I'm just getting started in the development process and I haven't had a ton of time to clean it up yet. Anyways, "Timetable by W.A.T.T." is an interface to the Amadeus Timetable web interface. Looks something like this:

I'm open to feedback and suggestions for improvements as well as similar tools that might be useful.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Probably not the most awesome app ever, but I'm just getting started in the development process and I haven't had a ton of time to clean it up yet. Anyways, "Timetable by W.A.T.T." is an interface to the Amadeus Timetable web interface. Looks something like this:

I'm open to feedback and suggestions for improvements as well as similar tools that might be useful.
^^^ Impressive. Very nice. And useful, too.
Old May 24, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
In addition to the posts from earlier, I'm also liking:

iSyncr - to sync iTunes playlists to my SD card
Sipdroid with SipSorcery for free GVoice calls from here in London
bTunes - nicer music player
HotSpot Connect - for use with my ipass subscription
Wifi Analyzer - for troubleshooting and finding wireless networks

My 16GB SD card has now made my ipod touch irrelevant when I travel thanks to the music helper apps above. Waiting on my 32GB MicroSDHC card to come next week
Old May 24, 2010, 6:54 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
With Android 2.2 installed on my Nexus One along with Flash 10.1, I can now stream audio straight from radio station websites. Only problem is that you have to leave the browser as the active window, otherwise the audio stops.

Very nice update to the operating system!
Old May 24, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deubster
Lack of BT voice dialing support is an Android issue, not strictly Droid, but there is a workaround:

An app called "Voice Dialer HF" is activated by pressing the camera button (don't worry, you can still use it for the camera) - something most can do without having to look at the phone. Once pressed, it prompts you through for voice commands.

Until the phone starts dialing, the prompts and your replies are going through the phone's microphone and speaker. They then switch you to the headset.

However, there are a few headsets that can do all the prompts and replies through the headset, notably the BlueAnt Q1. On these, the prompts are built into the headset and are sent to the phone. Scroll down to post 39 in this thread for a discussion of how it works.
Bluetooth voice dialing is a feature in Froyo - fingers crossed that you get it on your Droid soon.
Old May 26, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Bubble

Originally Posted by tev9999
Bubble - turn your phone into a carpenters level. Comes in handy if you are doing any quick home improvement projects.
Thanks for the Bubble suggestion...finally something that has impressed my troglodyte husband that my Droid is cool
Old May 27, 2010, 7:49 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
My 16GB SD card has now made my ipod touch irrelevant when I travel thanks to the music helper apps above. Waiting on my 32GB MicroSDHC card to come next week
How much was that?
Old May 27, 2010, 10:42 am

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.643 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by jfe
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
How much was that?
89 £ in London but now on backorder. I'm assured it'll come in by the 31st.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:12 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
For those of you still looking for swype

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671070
Old May 29, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Thanks swype works well
Old May 30, 2010, 3:55 am

Sipdroid has gotten even better - now supports HD video SIP calling with the newest 1.5 version

http://sipdroid.googlecode.com/ (click on the downloads tab)
Old May 30, 2010, 3:41 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by skiermsm
Is there an ap to sync my Outlook calendar entries with my Droid?
There is the built in Email app that let's you connect to your corporate emai service, Outlook being the client piece. After you set this up you can launch the Corporate Calendar app. This will show all you appt. that you would see in Outlook.
Old May 31, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by gretchendz
Thanks for the Bubble suggestion...finally something that has impressed my troglodyte husband that my Droid is cool
Then you must show him the "Metal Detector" app as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.