Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:01 pm

[QUOTE=VOCIER;25721107]Hi Hontus,

2) all "old" C38 are sold out so you will for sure receive the new one

Thanks again for the additional information. I will place an order today for the C38 to start. If it works as indicated, I will purchase a second piece (e.g. C35) for the second suit. BTW - the site does not indicate whether the C35 attaches to the C38 (or whether any other pieces attach to the C38.) If they attach, you should indicate that or show via picture. If not, a simple band to slide over the handle of the C38 would be sufficient.

You should know that I currently use a competitor's product (LAT 56) for my second suit, with mixed results. if you are interested in a public comparison/endorsement, please reach out to me via email, which you can get from my order information.

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:50 pm

I've been putting just 1 suit jacket and a couple of shirts sleeve-in-sleeve, along with the pants of 2 suits into the C38. I then fold a couple more shirts that are a little more wrinkle resistant into the main compartment. I then quickly iron those 2 shirts when I arrive at my destination. I wear the other jacket onto the plane. This system seems to work pretty good.

Originally Posted by VOCIER
2) all "old" C38 are sold out so you will for sure receive the new one
This is good to know! I was wondering how to make sure I would get the new one as I received my bag only on 10/12/2015, which is pretty recently, so I was surprised that there were already changes to the C38.

as a successful CEO you should really have the F38, has nicer zippers and the handles on the other side which is a small detail but better imo.^
The handles on the other side seems to be a very significant improvement. When you say that the zippers are nicer, what do you mean? Are they nicer in terms of appearance? Nicer in terms of durability? Nicer in terms of smoothness?

I'm leaning towards an F38, mostly due to the side handle location being moved to the other side, but it would be nice to have a lighter bag. Would you say that the difference in weight between the new C38 and the F38 is about 1kg?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:50 pm

I will echo what other's here have said...If the C38 was sold in a 22"x14"x9" size to comply with domestic US carry on baggage requirements, I would buy one today without a doubt. Until then, I just can't bring myself to do it - United and American gate agents are more frequently requiring passengers to prove the bags fit into the gate baggage tester. And 4 wheels would be a huge plus.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Hi Amlai, the Zippers on the F38 are Italian (SKA), they are full metal so stronger, and they are smoother than the YKK on the black collection. The disadvantage is they are several times as expensive and heavier.
All in all, the F38 weighs as much as your old C38, and 1 Kg more than the new C38. (not something you really notice once fully packed)

regarding packing, I want to point out for other readers that the shirts sleeve in sleeve with the suit only works well if you are careful when putting them in, so they do not crumble each other during the process. (same as with two suits) Because shirts have rather thin fabrics sometimes, there is a real danger of that, in addition to the shirts also crumbling the suit possibly. Some customers prefer to be on the safe side and just fold the shirts into the inside compartment^
Putting in 2 pants is almost always problem-free, in fact I sometimes travel with just shirts but 4-5 pants and I put all the pants in the suit compartment which works perfectly and you do not get the stupid folding creases as you would otherwise

Flying_Wonder, thanks for the note. The more we get demands like that the harder we will work to make it happen soon!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

As an FYI, I called American to inquire about bag dimensions. Their website and carriage contract gives both TOTAL dimensions (up to 45 inches) as well as specific LxWxH dimensions (22"x14"x9"). I knew that United had recently removed the TOTAL linear inches provision, and was now requiring that bags fit within each specific dimension, so I was curious if American was taking the same position.

The customer service person checked with her supervisor, who confirmed that American no longer will honor TOTAL dimensions of 45 linear inches, and that bags must be no larger than 22"x14"x9" for length/width/height.

I was tempted to buy this bag and chance it since I usually fly American, but knowing they've moved this direction on the policy I will just have to wait until Vocier releases a US domestic version. Really need a bag so hopefully you guys can do this soon!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by Flying_Wonder

I was tempted to buy this bag and chance it since I usually fly American, but knowing they've moved this direction on the policy I will just have to wait until Vocier releases a US domestic version. Really need a bag so hopefully you guys can do this soon!
It is really unfortunate that the airlines have gone this direction. I considered the Vocier and a Rimowa, but can't pull the trigger on either of them given where things stand.

Greg
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:05 pm

Can you please provide me with your contact email so that we can email directly?

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: Southwest
Smile Vocier Difference between c35 and f28

Hi Vocier Folks!

I am really intrigued by what you're doing in this industry. I am re-thinking my business travel strategy and I'm curious about Vocier. I was curious when you wrote that the c35 and f28 are functionally the same now. Can you list what the differences will be? I am open to the higher price point but I'm having trouble seeing the differences.

Thank you,

Shamrock
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster

To be sure, the C38 luggage and the F38 luggage are functionally the same.We also have travel bags C35 and F35, but I assume you are referring to the luggages?
There is only one functional difference: The F38 has the handle on the other side than the C38. (see the pictures) We think the handle position of the F38 is unusual, but better. In the future when we will update the C38, we will move the handle to the other side as well.

The difference between the C line and the F line in general is almost purely in terms of materials: C has leather applications on largely nylon canvas, is only available in black.
F is a collection of the most wonderful things on earth. It is all in vegetable tanned, super expensive Italian leather....
(really long detailed info on what that actually means: https://www.vocier.com/behind-the-cu...-from-tuscany/)
... and Italian metal zippers
(https://www.vocier.com/behind-the-cu...alian-zippers/)

also the lining of the F collection is cotton, the metal pieces are more solid, ...

One other difference is that with the F-collection, you can buy a very fine briefcase with the F25 or portfolio sleeve with the F22 (my personal favorite!) that is outstanding in its appearance and perfectly matches the luggage.

We like to think of the F collection as first class, whereas the C collection is business.
We don't offer Y

I am personally flying Y though, too young and rather invest the money in the businesss

There is a 10% preorder discount on the F collection only until the end of November 2015 -> coupon code "preorder10"
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Cool

Originally Posted by Hunamoku
Hi Vocier Folks!

I am really intrigued by what you're doing in this industry. I am re-thinking my business travel strategy and I'm curious about Vocier. I was curious when you wrote that the c35 and f28 are functionally the same now. Can you list what the differences will be? I am open to the higher price point but I'm having trouble seeing the differences.

Thank you,

Shamrock
To be sure, the C38 luggage and the F38 luggage are functionally the same.We also have travel bags C35 and F35, but I assume you are referring to the luggages?
There is only one functional difference: The F38 has the handle on the other side than the C38. (see the pictures) We think the handle position of the F38 is unusual, but better. In the future when we will update the C38, we will move the handle to the other side as well.

The difference between the C line and the F line in general is almost purely in terms of materials: C has leather applications on largely nylon canvas, is only available in black.
F is a collection of the most wonderful things on earth. It is all in vegetable tanned, super expensive Italian leather....
(really long detailed info on what that actually means: https://www.vocier.com/behind-the-cu...-from-tuscany/)
... and Italian metal zippers
(https://www.vocier.com/behind-the-cu...alian-zippers/)

also the lining of the F collection is cotton, the metal pieces are more solid, ...

One other difference is that with the F-collection, you can buy a very fine briefcase with the F25 or portfolio sleeve with the F22 (my personal favorite!) that is outstanding in its appearance and perfectly matches the luggage.

We like to think of the F collection as first class, whereas the C collection is business.
We don't offer Y

I am personally flying Y though, too young and rather invest the money in the businesss

There is a 10% preorder discount on the F collection only until the end of November 2015 -> coupon code "preorder10"
Absolutely no link between these two posts
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Absolutely no link between these two posts
I understood shamrock asked about the differences between the C38 and F38. I assumed so, because we do not even have a "F28"... so I figured we probably meant the F38 (typo)
So I ventured to explain the differences, which are mainly materials. Why do you see no link between these two posts
Hope it was helpful anyways shamrock, if not, please rephrase your question so I understand it more clearly, sorry!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Southwest
Thanks Vocier for explaining

Yes, Vocier, I made a typo on the number and you answered my question perfectly. You are really tempting me with this first class analogy! I am thinking hard about it.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:30 pm

Vocier 1 Year Review

Hello All:

Although I am a long time lurker to the forum this is my first post.

I've had my Vocier Black Collection for almost a year now and thought I would post my thoughts and respond to a few comments.

FYI: I've flown the following domestic US airlines in the past year and carried my bag on:

Southwest
American
United
Delta
Northwest

I've never been questioned one time about the bag being oversized and it's never even been checked out by a gate agent to determine size....I think it has to do with the fact that the bag looks so sleek that is seems small.

About the Bags/Quality/Design etc...

#1) The non-wrinkle concept works so long as you don't overpack and follow the instructions. I'm 6'2 - 220 lbs and this is a two suit bag for me. Maybe someone with a smaller frame could get three suits but at 46 long that is a lot of material. Since two suits is what I was looking for - I'm happy.

Build quality is great and the issues that I have with the bag are not that bad just a few things I noticed could be improved....and apparently Vocier has made changes for the next generation.

1) Hanger....it's a little narrow. Apparently that's been addressed by Vocier and the addition of the textured material will be a plus. Only one time did I have my pants slide down.

2) Zippers - I noticed in this thread that they have improved the zippers. That's great but I have not had any problems with the zippers.

3) Magnetic clasps on the handles - To be fair these things aren't great. They're not deal breaker bad just occasionally I would knock against something and the handles would come apart. Apparently they've solved this.

4) Laptop Sleeve - I think this falls under the category of interesting idea but unnecessary. I put ties in the laptop sleeve. My laptop is in my briefcase where it belongs.

The Travel Bag was the biggest surprise of the Collection. It's really handy and I was only expecting an accessory. It's perfect for overnights or even two day trips.

The Wash Bag: It fits everything and has plenty of pockets and doesn't leak if something spills. The zippers are NOT corroded after a year of use and that's a big plus in a dopp kit/wash bag. (They send you little bottles with the washbag and I've never used them)

The Briefcase: My wife appropriated mine within a week of arriving and so I'll never get it back and therefore feel unqualified to offer a review. It looks good and she likes it.

Customer Service:

After reading this very thread a few days ago I saw the improvement to the hangar system and sent Vocier an email to see if the new hangar would fit in my bag. Received an email back telling it me that it would and Vocier is sending me two (one for each bag) at no charge.

These guys know how to take care of customers.

Since my aforementioned wife has been using my bag on occasion I just decided to go ahead and order the F38 and now we'll have two....although my guess is that since the F38 is leather that my wife will probably similarly appropriate the new bag for her travels.

Bottom line is that the non-wrinkle concept works and whatever minor improvements were necessary seem to have been addressed. I've lost track of how many times my bag has been noticed by fellow travelers and have had to spell V-O-C-I-E-R many times....while others were writing it down. I'm not sure how that has translated into sales for Vocier but I hope it helps.

I feel like I need to say that I'm not affiliated with Voicer in any way - those guys are in Europe and I'm live in the American south.

One final thought to Vocier - If you guys haven't yet started planning on bigger luggage then you might should get your drawing pens out. There will be plenty of us looking for bigger luggage that can be used for longer trips/vacations/etc....even though we have to check bags.

Happy to answer any questions....
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:57 pm

What is the volume of the main compartment?

The luggage looks great. What is the volume of the main compartment? I need to pack running shoes and other clothes, not just a suit.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:59 pm

to those who have the bag... what is the volume of the main compartment??

or to the manufacturer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.