Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

VOCIER - suit wrinkle-free in a carry-on

I have received approval from moderator Wharvey before starting this thread.

We are a small startup from Austria and have developed a unique luggage that can carry your suit essentially wrinkle-free in a carry-on size:
https://www.vocier.com/product/c38/
The product, as well as the handle of the product, are patented internationally.

The product has just launched but has already received the internationally acclaimed iF Design Award 2015. We are sharing this honor with brands such as BMW, Apple, Sony or Bang&Olufsen.

This is our official thread - we won't be spamming you, but we would like to be there for your questions and feedback.
Especially in this early stage of our company it is important for us to receive your feedback, and we also want to provide a channel for you where you can post your questions in the most efficient way.

This thread will be managed by me, Michael, the CEO and inventor of the products. YES this is ultimate proof that we are a very, very small company indeed

Our products are sold by the world's best tailors (such as Richard Anderson from London's Savile Row) as well as online. We ship worldwide free of charge, additionally all duties and taxes are paid by us.

Looking forward to hear from you!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:10 am

what is the outside measurement of the bag?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

55x40x20cm - it complies with international IATA standards^
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
For us Americans who want the dimensions in inches translated here, 55x40x20cm translates to 21.6x15.7x7.9 inches.

I saw that Vocier does list both US and metric dimensions on their website.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:10 pm

those are the OUTSIDE dimensions including wheels and handles???
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Very interesting and nice looking bag (out of my price range If I can make a small suggestion about your website. It would be nice to see more pictures of the actual bag (opened up, different angles, etc). Perhaps I missed it but I only saw the ones on the tab "How it Works". Even a video of someone packing it would be really helpful.

Good luck!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mellonc
yes. it includes wheels and handle. the leather side handle goes a bit outside these dimensions but since they are flexible and made from leather, they could be "squashed" to fit into the required box for international carry-on luggage
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ck777
Very interesting and nice looking bag (out of my price range If I can make a small suggestion about your website. It would be nice to see more pictures of the actual bag (opened up, different angles, etc). Perhaps I missed it but I only saw the ones on the tab "How it Works". Even a video of someone packing it would be really helpful.

Good luck!
thank you! when you open the product site, you can scroll down to see lots of pictures and features of the bag.
there is also a submenu (overview/features/materials) on the left bottom. click there to see more.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Mellonc
+1
I want to know this too. This is because I am the type that brings a tape measure with me whenever I purchase a new carry-on. For example, I have had great luck with my TravelPro carry-ons being true to their 22x14x9 external dimensions. I wish other luggage companies would do the same. To me, it's the external dimensions that matter most, wheels to handle, just as you stated!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ck777

Good luck!
+1

The pictures and video are dark. I know that image is something that you are trying to convey and it is necessary at that price point but knowing how it works/functionality are critical in getting somebody to buy it.

I travel a lot (am typing this in Istanbul and will be returning to JFK tomorrow, then getting on a plane Tuesday...) and would definitely be in your target market. I would also pay the price if the product fit my needs. That said, functionality comes before image/style for me. So, my important questions are:

1) does your no-wrinkle system work - that is your primary hook and if it doesn't, adios. That is hard to prove without actual use so I have to trust that it works.
2) what compromises does the bag create? You say you can pack all these other things in it. When I trial pack it, what can I get in it.
3) The C35 travel bag could use better pictures that are easier to see and describe every storage area. I seem to see an internal storage area and also an external compartment from two different pictures. Are they the same or different?

Last edited by JMN57; Mar 7, 2015 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: NZ, QF
first impression was that (1) the pair of lather (?) handle drops on the side seems to get damaged easily when maneuvering; (2) outlook is classy if conventional
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MtlTourist
+1
I want to know this too. This is because I am the type that brings a tape measure with me whenever I purchase a new carry-on. For example, I have had great luck with my TravelPro carry-ons being true to their 22x14x9 external dimensions. I wish other luggage companies would do the same. To me, it's the external dimensions that matter most, wheels to handle, just as you stated!
YES of course they are outside dimensions. The measurement includes the handle and the wheels. The side leather handles admittedly go slightly out of this box, but they are so flexible you can easily squash them to make them fit
So yes, absolutely this luggage will meet international carry-on standards. It fits in all overhead compartments as well.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
+1
1) does your no-wrinkle system work - that is your primary hook and if it doesn't, adios. That is hard to prove without actual use so I have to trust that it works.
2) what compromises does the bag create? You say you can pack all these other things in it. When I trial pack it, what can I get in it.
3) The C35 travel bag could use better pictures that are easier to see and describe every storage area. I seem to see an internal storage area and also an external compartment from two different pictures. Are they the same or different?
Hi,
thank you for your suggestions and questions
we will be trying to make a better video where you can see more this month.^

1) yes its hard to prove, however you have a return option, we offer free shipping and free returns, so you don't take a risk. Other than that, we have partnered with some of the world's best tailors such as Richard Anderson (London, Savile Row). There you can try our products on the spot. We try to expand our network of retails partners as fast as possible, but, having only launched a week ago, it takes some time...

2)you can get a trip's worth of stuff into the bag: up to two suits (although we recommend one), shirts, a pair of shoes, socks, underwear, our C14 wash bag,..
I personally have travelled with it for three weeks on a row also, just use the hotel's cleaning service from time to time.

3)did you see the C35 video?
So in general, there is an outside pocket for ipad, paper, some small stuff. There is a very large inside compartment, quickly accessible from the outside of the bag (for a fast security check) and there is the suit area of course which gently curves around the inside compartment.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by VOCIER

3)did you see the C35 video?
So in general, there is an outside pocket for ipad, paper, some small stuff. There is a very large inside compartment, quickly accessible from the outside of the bag (for a fast security check) and there is the suit area of course which gently curves around the inside compartment.
Yes, I finally did and it did add some more perspective.

Let us know when you have someone in NYC who is selling/showing it. It is one of those things that you have to see.

Also, it would be great if they were available at some major airports. I just flew thru LHR yesterday (IST-LHR-JFK) and it would be a great place to have a display or a retailer (although my connection was tight so I wouldn't have been able to find it).

I actually find the C-35 more interesting than the roller.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
Yes, I finally did and it did add some more perspective.

Let us know when you have someone in NYC who is selling/showing it. It is one of those things that you have to see.

Also, it would be great if they were available at some major airports. I just flew thru LHR yesterday (IST-LHR-JFK) and it would be a great place to have a display or a retailer (although my connection was tight so I wouldn't have been able to find it).

I actually find the C-35 more interesting than the roller.
Thank you! We will -hopefully!- be showing our products at this year's Project NY trade fair. We are working hard to bringt our products to as many retailers as possible, but, having just launched two weeks ago, these things obviously take some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.