Originally Posted by dobolina
BKK has some of the best public transportation in the world
Now thatīs a statement!

F.R.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:04 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Suvarnabhumi Link to city postponed

Suvarnabhumi Bangkok Airport rail Link to city postponed until at least July 2010 http://bit.ly/clNkDR
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I will take xmas as my guess for it to open up.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:32 pm

Smart $$'s on them getting 'big face' by opening on the King's birthday, Dec 5. What year I'm not sure. wj
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Smart $$'s on them getting 'big face' by opening on the King's birthday, Dec 5. What year I'm not sure. wj
Given Bhumibol's age and frail health, it had better be soon.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Where might the END staion be located in the city? And name?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:29 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
End station AFAIK will be Phaya Thai BTS Station http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaya_Thai_BTS_Station
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Isn't this the 3rd or more times that it has been pushed back?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:49 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kitsura
Isn't this the 3rd or more times that it has been pushed back?
Its whole history is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...d-threads.html

Last edited by Kalboz; Mar 7, 2010 at 6:41 am
Old Mar 7, 2010, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
The principal station in the city, which will be the "end" for many pax (in terms of end of the journey), will be Makasan. There will be a City Air Terminal at Makasan Station, something along the lines of Kowloon Station on the Airport Express, with bus connections and big taxi ranks and airline check-in desks. Makasan is located along Petchburi Road, sort of north of the Ploen Chit area.

As Kalboz indicated, the line will continue west to Phaya Thai station, where it will intersect with the BTS Sukhumvit Line.

As for when it will finally begin service: soft opening on Queen's Birthday, real opening on King's Birthday? 2010?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
The principal station in the city, which will be the "end" for many pax (in terms of end of the journey), will be Makasan. There will be a City Air Terminal at Makasan Station, something along the lines of Kowloon Station on the Airport Express, with bus connections and big taxi ranks and airline check-in desks. Makasan is located along Petchburi Road, sort of north of the Ploen Chit area.

As Kalboz indicated, the line will continue west to Phaya Thai station, where it will intersect with the BTS Sukhumvit Line.

As for when it will finally begin service: soft opening on Queen's Birthday, real opening on King's Birthday? 2010?
Comparing anything related with BKK to HKG is a stretch. And does a great disservice to HKG. But I digress (sitting, no doubt, in BKK).

As the line will not be a boon to my travel needs I have no inherent need for it to open. It's continual pushback (for over a year already?) is humorous.

However, for those on this board who spend significant time here, or travel enough here, this might be a good time to collect money and opening date guesses and see who comes the closest.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Platinum, Regus Gold, Chase Mileage Plus Visa, Turkish Air Elite, US Passport Glob. Entl
I can get into downtown Bangkok on a metered taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport usually for about 400 baht, including tip, airport tax and toll roads. When the Skytrain is up and running, I guess it will be a little less expensive, about 150 baht (but I still think the taxis are just fine unless you are trying to get downtown during commute hours).
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:29 am

Renewed Free Tests Runs

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/62217.html

Free test runs for limited hours each day. Free until August 12 (official opening). Not mentioned in the above article but mentioned in today's Bangkok Post: the tests will only run Monday-Friday, every 20 minutes.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dobolina
I can get into downtown Bangkok on a metered taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport usually for about 400 baht, including tip, airport tax and toll roads. When the Skytrain is up and running, I guess it will be a little less expensive, about 150 baht (but I still think the taxis are just fine unless you are trying to get downtown during commute hours).
320bht for me on the meter going from BKK to the Le Meridien Silom, including expressway tolls.

150bht for the non-stop sounds like good pricing to attract passengers - especially if there's good linkage to the BTS/MRT system.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:25 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Plato90s
150bht for the non-stop sounds like good pricing to attract passengers - especially if there's good linkage to the BTS/MRT system.
How's your long jump?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.