FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK-Bangkok Airport Rail Link Discussion [PRE-2014 ARCHIVE]
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:32 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
The principal station in the city, which will be the "end" for many pax (in terms of end of the journey), will be Makasan. There will be a City Air Terminal at Makasan Station, something along the lines of Kowloon Station on the Airport Express, with bus connections and big taxi ranks and airline check-in desks. Makasan is located along Petchburi Road, sort of north of the Ploen Chit area.

As Kalboz indicated, the line will continue west to Phaya Thai station, where it will intersect with the BTS Sukhumvit Line.

As for when it will finally begin service: soft opening on Queen's Birthday, real opening on King's Birthday? 2010?
Comparing anything related with BKK to HKG is a stretch. And does a great disservice to HKG. But I digress (sitting, no doubt, in BKK).

As the line will not be a boon to my travel needs I have no inherent need for it to open. It's continual pushback (for over a year already?) is humorous.

However, for those on this board who spend significant time here, or travel enough here, this might be a good time to collect money and opening date guesses and see who comes the closest.