Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:09 pm

Phuket Yacht Charter "Phi Phi Islands"

Probably the best value would be a two days and one night charter although 3 days and two nights is ideal if you are wanting to visit Phi Phi Islands and the surrounding Islands. I have never recommended any Companies on this Forum before but have to say that I used http://www.oceanlifeyachts.com/ and had the most amazing time, the crew really made us all feel at home.

Depending on the time of year you can get a great rate, we where a party of five so split the cost between us we booked out of season and got a great rate and had luck with the weather.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I'd do some more research. My gut feels like at 6,000 / 8hr for a charter, one could find a nicer yacht than the one above in the phi phi islands marketplace...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Phuket visit during rain season

48 hours of straight rain right now. Plan for indoor sports.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Holy 11 year-old thread bumb!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Timely post JNB
will be there at the end of the month, had not even thought about monsoon season

For those that know, if the beaches are red flagged and such doing any of the charter boats go out?
Was thinking of maybe doing Phang Nga Bay trip but doesn't sound so fun if pouring
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Hmm indeed. Ha.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Thinking of doing 1N and long piece of a day in HKT, on way down from BKK to SIN

Have gold status with Marriott, Plat with Hyatt, and Plat with IHG
Far number of points with SPG/HH but no status

Which property would you recommend for 1 night
Looking for kind of over the top- bungalow right on the beach would be great
Easy access to airport

and what should not be missed seeing for 1 day

TIA
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Holy 11 year-old thread bumb!

Well, it's good to see respondents mulling over a subject before crafting a reply.

Though perhaps eleven years is just a tad excessive
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:09 pm

Hi! My boyfriend and I are celebrating our 5th years anniversary with a trip to Thailand and Cambodia in January (the trip is a surprise for him and his first time in Asia!, my first time in those countries too!). We will arrive to Phuket from Denmark at around 10am on a Friday and leave on Monday at 2pm. We will be staying at the Hyatt regency and I'v arranged transport from/to the airport with them (I know I'm overpaying!). I could use some suggestions organizing what to do and if you have info of agencies (preferably gay owned/friendly) that could help me with this. Mostly we want just to relax but have a few things that we MUST try:

-Visit isolated (not too touristy) beaches or islands (maybe Koh Phi Phi?)

-2 or 3 scuba diving immersions (just for one person, so it could be paired with visiting the islands, this would need to be on Saturday because of the flying restrictions)

-Elephant trekking.

If you can think of anything we should't miss it'd be great to hear about that too!

Thanks a lot!!!

C
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
What is best option for getting to JW Marriott Khao Lak from HKT? I think I can find car rentals from about $130 for my dates and hotel arranged transport for about $180-200USD. Just wondering if I can do better and not need to drive myself. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
What is best option for getting to JW Marriott Khao Lak from HKT? I think I can find car rentals from about $130 for my dates and hotel arranged transport for about $180-200USD. Just wondering if I can do better and not need to drive myself. Thanks in advance!
Are you sure you are getting the quote from Marriott right? I did this exact same thing two years ago and it was like 1400baht.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Madone59
Are you sure you are getting the quote from Marriott right? I did this exact same thing two years ago and it was like 1400baht.
glad this was mentioned; i'm in the same boat in a couple of weeks. need to get from HKT to the renaissance mai khao and back. any recommendations for transfers would be appreciated. i don't mind shared vans and the like.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: N/A
Phuket Tours Info

Hello All,

We are staying for 5 days in phuket and with the countless operators I was hoping to get the forums' advice on A) which to choose and B) how many would be ideal.

The tours I was looking at are:

Simba Sea Trips
Phuket Sail Tours

And lastly, would doing a phang na trip AND phi phi trip for 2 days out of 5 be too much? Or are they too similar.

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton DIA, Accor Plat, IHG Spire, Marriot Titanium Elite, Total Rewards Diamond
Arriving Tuesday... Any chance of any sun? Lol
I'm looking at the weather forecasts and it seems to have thunder storms for the next two weeks! Never been to Thailand before do the storms seem to stay all day? Or quickly pass? (General question, I do realise weather is constantly changing!)
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:42 am

When are you going? I have a day trip to Phang Nga with Phuket Sail Tours planned in late December and can report back. Generally, I don't put too much faith in Tripadvisor but the quality and thoroughness of reviews for that operation (and the seeming legitimacy of the reviews - many from very prolific reviewers) gave me confidence in PST as providing a good product. My interactions so far in booking the trip seem to confirm that they are a well-run organization. We'll see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.