"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by olisch
Probably won't help at all, though Sofitels never participated with the 50% sale promotion in the past ...
Yeah you're right. I thought I nabbed the Sofitel on Soi 6 years ago, but I guess they had just changed to the Grand Sukhumvit. BTW, the Park Plaza deal is good through April and goes up to 1500B in May. It's out there on Hotels.com etc too. wj

Last edited by whackyjacky; Feb 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:08 pm

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit is $97 all this month on Hotels.com. There's a 10% off code - (106) or 2X points - (WR6). The double points deal is better since you'll get a free room after 5 nights. If you've got an Ultimate Rewards card you can get 4X points by going through the UR site as well. I'm Gold and will never ever get to Plat, so this is the better deal for me. If you prefer status and Starpoints, see if you can get Starwood to match. wj
Old May 9, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
47 € -- Luxushotel in Bangkok mit Upgrade, statt 79 €

Swissotel Le Concorde, Bangkok

http://www.travelzoo.com/de/local-de.../Getaway/16842
Old May 11, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by jexelot

Ahh, I see, a nice hotel with mostly non-smoking rooms...
Old May 11, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
is this the one that had a fire yesterday? (don't know damage but I don't think anyone was hurt)
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Not just one specific promotion, but I have the impression that several BKK hotels are lowering their July & August rates more than in previous years.

I've by far not enough data points to prove anything, but maybe the large number of new hotels especially on the higher end is bigger than the demand increase.

Some examples, directly from hotel sites for dates in July or August:

- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit has an "up to 50% off" special starting at THB 4300 ++ (weekends)
- Conrad Residences has a two bedroom suite for around THB 5500 ++ (depens on lenght of stay, I find that a good value for a family)
- Oriental Residences has a two bedroom suite for around THB 8000 ++ (it appears to me their deals are getting even better since they've opened)

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jul 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard

Some examples, directly from hotel sites for dates in July or August:

- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit has an "up to 50% off" special starting at THB 4300 ++ (weekends)
- Conrad Residences has a two bedroom suite for around THB 5500 ++ (depens on lenght of stay, I find that a good value for a family)
- Oriental Residences has a two bedroom suite for around THB 8000 ++ (it appears to me their deals are getting even better since they've opened)
The SGS deal is part of a very broad SPG promo and has nothing to do with the local hotel situation.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:21 am

Just spent 5 nights at the Siam at soft opening prices. Only a few days left though.
....WOW.

50% off the usual rate. During the soft opening, from June 11 ~ July 15 2012, rates at The Siam will be half the usual rack rates.

Siam Suites will be THB 8,150 reduced from THB16,300.
Mae Nam Suites will be THB 9,650 reduced from THB 19300
Riverview Suites will be THB11,250 reduced from THB 22,500
Pool Villa Courtyard will be THB 15,500 reduced from THB 31,000
Pool Villa Riverview will be THB 18,600 reduced from THB 37,200
Connie’s Cottage will be THB 23,250 reduced from THB 46,500
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:09 am
Suspended

Good deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. I took advange of this deal last year (bought 10 vouchers, 2 rooms x 5 nights) and I had a great time dealing with Lenny (the agency owner) and loved the hotel. I even ended up winning a free night + 2 free upgrades. I highly recommend it.

http://www.expatholidaysthailand.com...romo-2012.html

How it works

Simple. Save by buying your vouchers ( nights ) during the sale period NOW - August 31. Then use your vouchers anytime you like during the travel period September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2013

All reservations are guaranteed. There is no risk in buying vouchers without set travel dates in mind. Vouchers are also fully transferable - prefect for a gift!

What is the price

Deluxe River View Room at Royal Orchid Sheraton 4,500 baht per night ( $143 ) Price is inclusive of all taxes and fees. No hidden charges. No surprises.

What is included

Daily breakfast for 2 adults per room

Guaranteed late check out at 16:00 ( 4PM )

15% discount at Madara Spa

Extra inclusions for stays of 2 consecutive nights or longer

One time free buffet dinner for 2 adults per room ( valued 1,250 ++ baht per person )

One time free 15 minute head and shoulders massage for 2 adults at Madara Spa

( valued at 1,000++ baht per person )

General hotel benefits

Free Internet access & wireless LAN access at Link@Sheraton 24 hours Fitness Center, Swimming Pool & Tennis court

Complimentary Shuttle Boat Service to BTS-Sky Train (Taksin Station)during 10.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m. for every half hour (everyday)

Share for more benefits

We are giving away 1 free night, 2 free upgrades to Junior Suite Room and 3 free upgrades to Deluxe Premium Room for every 30 nights bought. More nights bought means more giveaways for everyone! Share this offer with your friends and family.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Good deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok.

Simple. Save by buying your vouchers ( nights ) during the sale period NOW - August 31. Then use your vouchers anytime you like during the travel period September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2013

All reservations are guaranteed. There is no risk in buying vouchers without set travel dates in mind. Vouchers are also fully transferable - prefect for a gift!

What is the price

Deluxe River View Room at Royal Orchid Sheraton 4,500 baht per night ( $143 ) Price is inclusive of all taxes and fees. No hidden charges. No surprises.
All rooms at the ROS have river-view and the going rate on SPG.com is less than THB 3K.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kalboz
All rooms at the ROS have river-view and the going rate on SPG.com is less than THB 3K.
Just checked the rates for December and it's 4250THB + tax and you don't get the free dinner, massage, late checkout...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I checked the rates for September 7-10 which is within the offer period and the rate is THB 2,999. I get the free wi-fi, late check-out, and the free breakfast anyways without having to commit to spend so many night there. The free dinner will be at ETC which I can easily skip.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Just checked the rates for December and it's 4250THB + tax and you don't get the free dinner, massage, late checkout...
At most you'll get a free dinner every other night if you separate all your stays into blocks of 2. At least that's how I read the "1 time free buffet dinner'. The massage is for 15 minutes? 15 minutes? Is that worth your time?

And you can get late checkout by associating AAA or another entity to your SPG account.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:40 pm

I checked the rates for September 7-10 which is within the offer period and the rate is THB 2,999. I get the free wi-fi, late check-out, and the free breakfast anyways without having to commit to spend so many night there. The free dinner will be at ETC which I can easily skip.
I checked as well. The rate THB 2,999 is before tax and without breakfast.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Kalboz is platinum, so he has many benefits you might not have. This offer doesn't make a lot of sense for platinums (as has been pointed out before).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.