Reload this Page >

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:03 am

I have stayed there twice and it is a great deal.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:15 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by hard2please
Looks like the same deal is still available on US travelzoo site (at $100 a night)
Anyone have any experience with this property? It looks like a great deal!

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/deal/4585
It is a nice property, only the breakfast could be nicer.. For Reviews you can check the Marriott forum.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
Thumbs down tried- night booked out

tried to book this deal - contacted travelzoo in UK to ask how to ensure the nights I needed were available- was told to call hotel directly- did so- nights "booked out" (even though shows available on Marriott website). So missed out. In the usa version those dates are now showing as blackout dates. Asked the hotel if i could still do the deal in a DOWNgraded room- nope.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
katathani deal

7 Night Thailand Indulgence! Experience 3 nights at the stunning The Shore at Katathani' and 4 nights at the amazing K'atathani Phuket Beach Resort' for TWO Adults Only $1,699 instead of $6,699‏
deals.com.au

available for next 40 hrs

ONLY
$1,699 Value Discount You Save
$6,699.00 $5,000.00 75%

'The Shore at Katathani' and 'Katathani Phuket Beach Resort'

Enjoy the ultimate in luxury with a SEVEN Night Phuket Holiday for TWO Adults
Get THREE Nights at the SIX Star 'The Shore at Katathani'. The Shore has been independently rated the #1 resort in Phuket, out of 517 hotels and resorts, by Trip Advisor. Also get FOUR Nights at the spectacular FIVE Star 'Katathani Phuket Beach Resort'. Both resorts are set on the stunning Kata Noi Beach, where complimentary shuttles between the two are provided free of charge.
Click here to see the amazing images of 'The Shore at Katathani'
Enjoy the DEALS Booking Guarantee - if you book prior 7 September 2011 and you can't get your preferred dates in the validity period, get your money back
Choose your own itinerary! Start your trip at the Five Star 'Katathani Phuket Beach Resort' and then move onto the Six Star 'The Shore at Katathani' or vice versa - The choice is yours!
THREE Nights at the Six Star 'The Shore at Katathani': The exquisite Award-Winning resort which is set on the stunning Kata Noi Beach is superbly finished and has been rated the Number One Hotel in Phuket by Tripadvisor (out of 517 hotels), with a 95% rating and is the Winner of the Asia Pacific Hotel Award for Design and Architecture
You will enjoy staying in a gorgeous, spacious 130sqm Seaview Pool Villa with a panoramic view of the ocean, featuring private infinity pool, sunken lounge, bath with rain shower, air-conditioning, flat-screen satellite television, sound entertainment system, minibar writing desk, bathrobes, slippers, umbrella and coffee/tea-maker
Enjoy a delicious Welcome Drink and Cold Towel on Arrival
Wake up with a delicious Daily Western Buffet Breakfast and enjoy an amazing Themed Breakfast on you first day
Stay in contact with complimentary Wi-Fi in your room
Plus enjoy complimentary guest activities, including Tropical Fruit-Picking, Yoga Classes and Aqua Aerobics as well as free use of Katathani Phuket Beach Resort’s incredible facilities.
FOUR NIGHTS at the Five Star Katathani Phuket Beach Resort: The Katathani Phuket Beach Resort is the Thailand Tourism Award Winners for 2006/2007,2008/2009 and 2010/2011, you may use the full resort facilities throughout your seven day stay. For four nights stay in a Deluxe room in the Buri Wing with a private garden and ocean view balcony
Relax with six nature-inspired Swimming Pools, three Jacuzzis, six Restaurants with a mix of both European and Thai cuisines, 24 hour room service, Spa and a full-service Hair Salon and private Health Clinic
Enjoy full use of the resort facilities including two Fitness Centers, Sea Fun Divers Dive Shop, two Tennis Courts, Aqua-Aerobics, Petanque and Table Tennis, Sauna, Game Room, Billiards, Thai Cooking Classes, or Library, a Nightly Musical Review and a Kids' Club
Enjoy a delicious Welcome Drink and Cold Towel on Arrival
Rest and relax by the pool with a 15 MINUTE Welcome Massage each, provided at the Katathani spa each, to loosen up those tired muscles
Wake up with a delicious Daily Western Buffet Breakfast
Stay in contact with complimentary Wi-Fi in your room
Both resorts are located along 850 meters of unspoilt white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean
Great holiday destination, for couples or families. Perfect as part of your great Thai adventure!

Unfortunately outside my budget!!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:01 pm

Nok Air sale until August 31

Was looking to book 2 cheap tickets from Phuket to Bangkok for November 1, when I came across the Nok Air sale which apparently started today with fares as low as 980 THB all-in per person for travel during September (and 1280 THB for October and November)!

Plenty of other routes are in the mix too... check them out.

http://www.nokair.com/s1000_obj/cont...ing/index.html

And perhaps, on that note, do any of you know how often Air Asia has sales - or whether they tend to match the competition's promotions? Their fares for my trip are running around 1000 THB more per person when compared to the Nok Air sale price, but their timings are slightly better - and the fact that they fly into BKK (instead of DMK) is actually a huge plus for me since I'm actually connecting onwards from there that night back to Los Angeles. However, I'm just hoping their prices are going to fall sometime soon!

Thanks for any input on the situation.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Welcome to FT sunshinerama!

Air Asia seem to have sales around 6 months prior - but I haven't tracked this, just a sense. Unless it is low season, you are unlikely to to have a better chance of a sale as time passes....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Air Asia seem to have sales around 6 months prior - but I haven't tracked this, just a sense. Unless it is low season, you are unlikely to to have a better chance of a sale as time passes....
Thanks for the welcome, Thai-Kiwi.

And that's what I was afraid of (as the Air Asia site is currently showing promotional fares for next spring)!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Welcome to FT, sunshinerama! I would agree with Thai-Kiwi, I do not think you will see an AirAsia sale for this November.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunshinerama
Thanks for the welcome, Thai-Kiwi.

And that's what I was afraid of (as the Air Asia site is currently showing promotional fares for next spring)!
I'm also going to Asia in November and I missed out on Air Asia's sales. I had to pay full price LOL. Oh well, it wasn't that expensive anyway.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:31 pm

This post may need to be elsewhere such as Carlson Friends and Family. Feel free to move it. I was looking for CARLSONF deals in Bangkok and it didn't work at all for the Radisson Suites or Park Plaza 18 actually increasing prices. It did work at the original Park Plaza, saving 600B (I still think it's overpriced at 2500B). However, if one were to look at a particular high end Carlson property in Phuket, you will find the code does some remarkable work ! wj

Last edited by whackyjacky; Sep 5, 2011 at 11:16 pm
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Welcome to FT, sunshinerama! I would agree with Thai-Kiwi, I do not think you will see an AirAsia sale for this November.
Thanks for the welcome, restlessinRNO!

Maybe Bangkok Airways will come through with a sale to BKK!

Otherwise, I will just bite the bullet like mcbg1.

Last edited by sunshinerama; Aug 25, 2011 at 8:18 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:54 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
SPG's Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 has loaded prices and now photos, including those of their rooms
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3211
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...30557653646763
Prices from 2111++ IIRC.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:29 am
Suspended

I'm posting my first deal. A very reputable member of the Travelforum who has his own travel agency in Thailand is offering a fantastic deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. For 127 USD per night, you get a deluxe room with view of the river, including free breakfast buffet, one free dinner buffet, a one hour thai massage and guaranteed late check-out until 4pm (taxes and service charge are included in the rate). It is a group deal so 20 vouchers (you buy 1 voucher per night) need to be purchased for the deal to go live. For every 20 extra vouchers that are purchased (40 vouchers, 60 vouchers, etc.) the agency will be giving away free nights, free upgrades, etc. I think this is a fantastic deal. I just purchased 10 vouchers for my family's upcoming trip to Bangkok. Here's the link to book: http://www.expatholidaysthailand.com/rosh-promo.html

The total is now up to 17 vouchers. 3 more vouchers need to be sold for this deal to go live!

Last edited by mcbg1; Aug 31, 2011 at 6:06 pm
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:18 pm

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess.

That is to say, it looks like AirAsia is now running a "20% off all seats, all flights" sale.

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/promotion/20promo.page

But it expires September 11, so act fast!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by mcbg1
I'm posting my first deal. A very reputable member of the Travelforum who has his own travel agency in Thailand is offering a fantastic deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. For 127 USD per night, you get a deluxe room with view of the river, including free breakfast buffet, one free dinner buffet, a one hour thai massage and guaranteed late check-out until 4pm (taxes and service charge are included in the rate). It is a group deal so 20 vouchers (you buy 1 voucher per night) need to be purchased for the deal to go live. For every 20 extra vouchers that are purchased (40 vouchers, 60 vouchers, etc.) the agency will be giving away free nights, free upgrades, etc. I think this is a fantastic deal. I just purchased 10 vouchers for my family's upcoming trip to Bangkok. Here's the link to book: http://www.expatholidaysthailand.com/rosh-promo.html

The total is now up to 17 vouchers. 3 more vouchers need to be sold for this deal to go live!
This might be just a little misleading in that you get the free dinner OR the free massage, not both. Also note the high season surcharge over xmas.

It does sound like a pretty good deal, though, given that it's close to the starpicks rate, but includes some extras (like the dinner or massage) even beyond what platinum members get. I would want to confirmation, however, that the rate still earns points and stay credit and the usual elite benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.