Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Post any Sales, Promotions, Deals here" Thailand thread [pre-2014 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigE
This might be just a little misleading in that you get the free dinner OR the free massage, not both. Also note the high season surcharge over xmas.

It does sound like a pretty good deal, though, given that it's close to the starpicks rate, but includes some extras (like the dinner or massage) even beyond what platinum members get. I would want to confirmation, however, that the rate still earns points and stay credit and the usual elite benefits.
Yeah, the site was confusing but it seems they have updated it. No matter what, you get a deluxe room with breakfast and late checkout at 127USD per night, plus you get a chance to win a free night or a free upgrade. If they sell 40 rooms, everybody gets a free dinner and if they sell 60 rooms, everybody gets a one hour thai massage. And the more rooms they sell, the more chances you have to win a free night or a free upgrade. The total is now up to 36 rooms sold. I confirmed with the hotel that the deal was valid but I'm not sure if you can earn points. I think you should. I got the Royal Orchid Sheraton for 66 USD per night last year on Asiatravel.com and I earned points for my stay.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Yeah, the site was confusing but it seems they have updated it. No matter what, you get a deluxe room with breakfast and late checkout at 127USD per night, plus you get a chance to win a free night or a free upgrade. If they sell 40 rooms, everybody gets a free dinner and if they sell 60 rooms, everybody gets a one hour thai massage. And the more rooms they sell, the more chances you have to win a free night or a free upgrade. The total is now up to 36 rooms sold. I confirmed with the hotel that the deal was valid but I'm not sure if you can earn points. I think you should. I got the Royal Orchid Sheraton for 66 USD per night last year on Asiatravel.com and I earned points for my stay.
For SPG Platinums, you might not get Tower Lounge access and suite upgrade.

This is still a good deal though.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kimusc
For SPG Platinums, you might not get Tower Lounge access and suite upgrade.

This is still a good deal though.
Yeah, I would suggest SPG Platinums to contact the hotel to confirm this.

The total is now up to 42 rooms sold. So everybody gets a free buffet dinner!

If they sell 60 rooms, everybody get pick a one hour thai massage instead of the free buffet dinner already included. Plus, more free nights and free upgrades will be given!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:57 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
I hope this will be of use to someone. I just received this offer, for places all over Thailand, including Khao Yai, Samui and Phi Phi. There is also the pretty centrally located Tai-Pan Hotel in Bangkok.

http://thaicitydeals.com/travel.php?lang=en&s=Travel

I don't know anything about any of these hotels, but they sure are cheap. I'd suggest you read the fine print, in particular about dates and holiday supplements, then do your homework about the individual resorts. I wish I could find some online reviews of the places in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai.

The site is groupon-esque and you'll need a thaicitydeal account. Sign up for an account on the site or PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a referral link.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:13 am

Found some great sporadic fares in Jan on Air Asia PNH-BKK & return. I haven't figured out the promo, but there's numerous dates at 290B (1100 ai). I had to play around with the dates to get the price and it really doesn't make any sense to me what dates work and don't, or why, but I just paid 2200 RT. wj
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Found some great sporadic fares in Jan on Air Asia PNH-BKK & return. I haven't figured out the promo, but there's numerous dates at 290B (1100 ai). I had to play around with the dates to get the price and it really doesn't make any sense to me what dates work and don't, or why, but I just paid 2200 RT. wj

I'm seeing an occasional $11++ exPNH. Just checked out of curiosity, it's too far ahead for me to purchase anything.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite SPG Gold
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
This promo is called Score with AirAsia and is on from Sept 13-20 for flights from Jan 3 to Mar 31, 2012. As usual it is a limited number of seats on each flight so if you don't see the sale price for that day then they have sold out already. You can check availability on airasiaplus.com to see what dates are left.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:41 pm

The Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok is on deal this week on Jetsetter. Can book through Jan for $75/nite. If you're into cool (sorry I meant chill), trendy, & boutiquey - this is the place for you. Love the Met Bar and Nahm, always full of the HiSo crowd. Great spa in hotel as well. I think I paid $150 when they opened. PM me your e-mail for a Jetstter invite. Oh yeah, Trip Advisor Link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...k-Bangkok.html wj
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
68 sold ,buffet dinner with 2 nite booking,

[QUOTE=mcbg1;17016018]I'm posting my first deal. A very reputable member of the Travelforum who has his own travel agency in Thailand is offering a fantastic deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. For 127 USD per night, you get a deluxe room with view of the river, including free breakfast buffet, one free dinner buffet, a one hour thai massage and guaranteed late check-out until 4pm (taxes and service charge are included in the rate). It is a group deal so 20 vouchers (you buy 1 voucher per night) need to be purchased for the deal to go live. For every 20 extra vouchers that are purchased (40 vouchers, 60 vouchers, etc.) the agency will be giving away free nights, free upgrades, etc. I think this is a fantastic deal. I just purchased 10 vouchers for my family's upcoming trip to Bangkok. Here's the link to book: [url]http://www.expatholidaysthailand.com/rosh-promo. E mailed for more info. 68 sold. Draw after sale ends. dinner buffet on 2 night stay (guess 1). Planning to book 2vouchers providing room avl
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm posting my first deal. A very reputable member of the Travelforum who has his own travel agency in Thailand is offering a fantastic deal at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. For 127 USD per night, you get a deluxe room with view of the river, including free breakfast buffet, one free dinner buffet, a one hour thai massage and guaranteed late check-out until 4pm (taxes and service charge are included in the rate). It is a group deal so 20 vouchers (you buy 1 voucher per night) need to be purchased for the deal to go live. For every 20 extra vouchers that are purchased (40 vouchers, 60 vouchers, etc.) the agency will be giving away free nights, free upgrades, etc. I think this is a fantastic deal. I just purchased 10 vouchers for my family's upcoming trip to Bangkok. Here's the link to book: http://www.expatholidaysthailand.com/rosh-promo.html

The total is now up to 17 vouchers. 3 more vouchers need to be sold for this deal to go live!
I admit to being a bit suspicious of this one. First, who is this anonymous "very reputable member of the Travelforum"? Is mcbg1 actually involved with this agency, and perhaps using FT as an advertising vehicle in violation of the Ts&Cs? For reference, SPG.com is showing $116/night for the first week in October. Sorry, but I can't help thinking that there's more to this story. Nothing specific, just my gut feeling.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I admit to being a bit suspicious of this one. First, who is this anonymous "very reputable member of the Travelforum"? Is mcbg1 actually involved with this agency, and perhaps using FT as an advertising vehicle in violation of the Ts&Cs? For reference, SPG.com is showing $116/night for the first week in October. Sorry, but I can't help thinking that there's more to this story. Nothing specific, just my gut feeling.
Don't be so paranoid. I do not work for this agency. I have been a member here for years (look at my post history) and I am only posting this because I think it's a good deal. I bought some vouchers for my trip in November and I was promoting this deal because I wanted the 40/60 vouchers goal to be reached so that EVERYBODY would get the extra benefits. You don't get free breakfast, free late check-out, free dinner, etc when you book directly with SPG unless you have platinum status. Anyway, there have now been 68 vouchers sold so everybody who bought vouchers will get the benefits + the chance to win free nights/free upgrades. Deal ends tomorrow for anybody who still wants to book...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Don't be so paranoid. I do not work for this agency. I have been a member here for years (look at my post history) and I am only posting this because I think it's a good deal. I bought some vouchers for my trip in November and I was promoting this deal because I wanted the 40/60 vouchers goal to be reached so that EVERYBODY would get the extra benefits. You don't get free breakfast, free late check-out, free dinner, etc when you book directly with SPG unless you have platinum status. Anyway, there have now been 68 vouchers sold so everybody who bought vouchers will get the benefits + the chance to win free nights/free upgrades. Deal ends tomorrow for anybody who still wants to book...
OK, I did look at your history. No problem with you. What lit up my radar screen was, "A very reputable member of the Travelforum...." I admit to getting suspicious whenever it looks as though identity is being withheld for no apparent reason. I would have thought that as a travel agent who makes his/her living this way, s/he would want us to know.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:40 pm

Air Asia

Flights & hotel promotions.
http://www.airasia.com/gb/en/promoti...810911.page?mb
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Hansar Bangkok sale on Jetsetter

Jetsetter is having a flash sale for the Hansar Bangkok starting at $99 a night for some dates. There are some blackout dates around Xmas and New Year but otherwise seems pretty open from now till then.

Members also got a coupon for $75 off good on bookings made by October 12th. Combined, that's a pretty attractive deal.

If you'd like a membership invite for Jetsetter, ping me and I'll send one your way.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by konoyaro
Jetsetter is having a flash sale for the Hansar Bangkok starting at $99 a night for some dates. There are some blackout dates around Xmas and New Year but otherwise seems pretty open from now till then.

Members also got a coupon for $75 off good on bookings made by October 12th. Combined, that's a pretty attractive deal.

If you'd like a membership invite for Jetsetter, ping me and I'll send one your way.

Can see the rates for Hansar, but where is the $75 coupon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.