Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Is it safe to stay in the airport (air side) at night during TG lounges closing time? I am a woman.

This would also be a few hours for me, from the time the Royal Orchid First Class lounge closes at night to the time it re-opens in the early morning as they don't have a 24/24 F lounge like the SKL at Changi Airport.

I would not mind finding a place to stay close to the airport if my flight did not leave so early in the morning. There is no way I can miss it so with the jetlag situation I would rather stay air side if it's safe.

Originally Posted by yang1980
I think it is not a bad idea to stay in the airport if you only have a few hours.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
It is pretty safe in the airport and there are always a lot of people stay over in airport at night.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you considered staying at the airside hotel? They offer 4 hours blocks, I believe? Check with the TG staff as they might have some recommendations for your ~ 01:00 - 05:00 free time.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Hi Transpac,
long time no see!
Thank you for your ideas!

Originally Posted by transpac
Have you considered staying at the airside hotel? They offer 4 hours blocks, I believe? Check with the TG staff as they might have some recommendations for your ~ 01:00 - 05:00 free time.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:53 pm

Question Convenient Resort

I am booked at the Convenient Resort late on the nite of April 8th. Has anyone actually stayed here yet? And do they really have 24 hour airport pickup as advertized?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 1:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by transpac
Is it possible to remain airside? Is there a transfer desk? I'll be arriving at 1am, and leaving on the 6am NW flight to NRT; staying airside would be nice (I do like the Novotel, but it's hardly worth the money for a 3-hr stay). In case I have to claim and re-check baggage, when does check-in start?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
Is it possible to remain airside? Is there a transfer desk? I'll be arriving at 1am, and leaving on the 6am NW flight to NRT; staying airside would be nice (I do like the Novotel, but it's hardly worth the money for a 3-hr stay). In case I have to claim and re-check baggage, when does check-in start?
Not enough details to make recommendations. Flying to BKK from where? (Int'l? Dom?) Airlines? Checked bags? Single ticket? Baggage interlining?

My best guess is that you have checked bags, that you are flying into BKK from outside Thailand, that you cannot check them through to your final destination and that you are on two tickets? You'll have to clear Immigration, retrieve bags, clear Customs. Figure that gets you to 02:00, NW probably opens for check-in at 04:00.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LegalEagle
I am booked at the Convenient Resort late on the nite of April 8th. Has anyone actually stayed here yet? And do they really have 24 hour airport pickup as advertized?
I'm pretty sure this is the place you can see on the right as you enter the airport. It appears to be directly under the approach/departure for the current single active runway (1L/19R). Could be noisy, perhaps more arrivals than departures in the 00:00 - 05:00 time-frame, possibly from the south so noise would not be a factor. Since it's nearly on the airport property I can't imagine it taking more than 5 minutes to make the drive.

Last edited by transpac; Mar 10, 2008 at 4:27 am
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Yes you can. I did just that in January. Just caught a few winks in the lounge. Check in for your NW flight online and print your BP (not that it's really needed) would be helpful. An itinerary may be enough to check in at the gate.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:23 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thanks for the advice, transpac and YVR Cockroach! I'll be arriving on EK (on a separate ticket), and I don't think they interline with NW. If they do, I'll check my luggage through and stay airside; if they don't, I'll spend my night waiting for the NW check-in counter to open.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:50 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by Banton
I've attempted to book at Sananwan Palace several times the past week through their booking site and have received no reply. Also tried emailing without any luck. Does anyone know if they're still there?
Lots of times these little operations are easier to contact by phone. You might even try texting one of their mobile numbers. It's about US$0.07 using Skype.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 4:33 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I started a Google Map of billp's hotels/guesthouses that's here.

It's open for editing, so feel free to add locations or move the placemarks to better positions. Several are off and a couple are probably *way* off (thanks to the terrible or non-existent maps the hotels provide).
Old Mar 10, 2008, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the advice, transpac and YVR Cockroach! I'll be arriving on EK (on a separate ticket), and I don't think they interline with NW. If they do, I'll check my luggage through and stay airside; if they don't, I'll spend my night waiting for the NW check-in counter to open.
Once land-side your options are a bit limited. Maybe head down to the food-court on level 1, far right-hand side if outside facing the building, or up to level 3, where there is plenty of seating and a bunch of eateries. I'm assuming at least a few might be open.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Royal Orchid Holidays Accommodation Options at/near BKK
Old Mar 15, 2008, 6:32 am

I stayed in that airport for about three hours in September. No problems about safety. There is a free economy class lounge. BE VERY CAREFUL because if you don't bring a heavy sweater you will freeze to death from the air conditioning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.