Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
I would add http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...rport-bkk.html

Thanks billp for maintaining this list ^
I did a mock booking for Nov 16-20 and a double in deluxe room (32 sqm) with bkft was B4500 per night - kinda of pricy?

Also, another possible candidate for the list: http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand...ion/index.html

Last edited by dtsm; Oct 15, 2009 at 8:59 am
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by PSUhorty
I've stayed at both Thong Ta and Convenience Resort.
Neither was a bad experience.
Next time, I will choose Thong Ta, however. Overall, it is more pleasing to the eye and the rooms are larger/nicer. Convenience Resort's rooms are too utilitarian looking. Much better rooms at Thong Ta.

Similarly priced.
Just spend a quick night at the Thong Ta. Had a connection that was too long to stay in the airport and too short/late to head into town. It was fine and reasonably priced. I was too tired to explore, however on the road leading in there were many restaurants and street food stands. A 7/11 just down the road also.

It was clean and comes with towels and a smattering of ants.

Airport rides (each way) were fine and staff was courteous. Wake up call came on time and when i desired a ride at 5:45AM instead of 6AM a car was almost immediately there. Since transpo is by car and not van they specify only 3 people at a time.

Could not seem to find a phone number to book directly and save the 125 Baht on top of the 780 Baht room cost. Have it now though.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
New One: Miracle Hometel

Miracle Hometel is the latest dicovery: http://www.miracle-hometel-suvarnabhumi.com/ 7km from the airport, about 15 minutes. Currently offering a special: deluxe room with free round trip airport transfer, full American breakfast, a pass to use the Louis Tavern Business Class Silver lounge at the airport, complimentary in-room minibar, for 2900 baht. This hotel has all the amenities: internet access, pool, spa, 2 restaurants etc.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billp
Miracle Hometel is the latest dicovery: http://www.miracle-hometel-suvarnabhumi.com/ 7km from the airport, about 15 minutes. Currently offering a special: deluxe room with free round trip airport transfer, full American breakfast, a pass to use the Louis Tavern Business Class Silver lounge at the airport, complimentary in-room minibar, for 2900 baht. This hotel has all the amenities: internet access, pool, spa, 2 restaurants etc.
I'll give that a good home. Will they replenish during the night?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:57 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dtsm
I did a mock booking for Nov 16-20 and a double in deluxe room (32 sqm) with bkft was B4500 per night - kinda of pricy?

Also, another possible candidate for the list: http://www.dusit.com/hotels/thailand...ion/index.html
The Dusit is going for 3000 baht room only including ++ on wotif.com

Best Western is 2500 including ++, Wifi & airport transfer:

http://www.wotif.com/search/Advanced...rrencyCode=THB
Old Oct 22, 2009, 8:13 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Mariya Boutique Hotel is nice small hotel about 10-15 minutes from the airport. The rooms were very nice, breakfast was ok. I booked on wotif.com for roughly THB1400 inl pickup and breakfast. It has free wifi through out the hotel
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thong Ta Resort

Just some updated info. Last time on a late arrival/early departure transit I stayed here. Couldn't find their number so booked online (780B) and paid the extra 125B. They also wanted 150B for one way to the airport (one way included with the price).

Have a similar situation coming up tonight and called. Was quoted 800B for room, rt ride and breakfast for 2. Must be hurting for business.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Do all (or which one) these properties near the airport have AIR CON? I just have to ask!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:41 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I have stayed at two and report that they both have AC and hot water:

Novotel Suvarnabhumi Bangkok: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7622489516321/
The Convenient Resort

I believe others such as Dusit, Best Western, etc. should have AC
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I have stayed at two and report that they both have AC and hot water:

Novotel Suvarnabhumi Bangkok: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7622489516321/
The Convenient Resort

I believe others such as Dusit, Best Western, etc. should have AC
Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Will the underground walkway to the Novotel ever open?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:05 am
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Just some updated info. Last time on a late arrival/early departure transit I stayed here. Couldn't find their number so booked online (780B) and paid the extra 125B. They also wanted 150B for one way to the airport (one way included with the price).

Have a similar situation coming up tonight and called. Was quoted 800B for room, rt ride and breakfast for 2. Must be hurting for business.
WE just stayed at Thong Ta last Thursday night and it was fine. Pickup at the airport at 5pm took about ten minutes as host rounded up other passengers. Ride to hotel (in a comfortable van with seven pps) was eight or nine minutes from terminal. Transfers were free and included in $26 Expedia rate.

Room was spartan yet very clean. We walked the neighborhood and found a lot of choices for dinner but opted for hotel fare as it had a nice quiet little courtyard. Food was OK, would have likely been better out on our walk. There was a massage place across the way: 1 hr 200BHt.

Probably would have slept better had I not been awaiting that 345am wake up call. AC was a little noisy but no plane noise. Would stay again.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by gleff
Will the underground walkway to the Novotel ever open?
Perhaps around the same time as the opening of the airport rail link...
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
Stayed at the Convenient Resort after arriving in BKK late. Found it was quite adequate at about $21 a night U.S. While it is close to the airport runways, the way the freeways are laid out it is about a 10 minute taxi ride away from the arrival building.

Internet in the lobby. Air conditioning in the rooms (fairly rudimentary). They will serve you breakfast early on an outdoor terrace.

Much better value than the overpriced Novetal in the airport complex. Available to book on Agoda.
I see a sister property of the Convenient Resort has recently opened. (The Convenient Grand Hotel.) Also available to book on Agoda. Reviews/feedback are still sparse on this property given that it's newly opened. By chance, has anyone happen to stay here yet?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 7:33 pm

Stayed at the Floral Shire Resort last night.

Quite satisfied. Aircon a little noisy but very effective. Shower was the on-demand gas heating type with adequate water pressure.

The "Deluxe" room has a loft for the bedroom... with a very narrow/steep circular staircase...and it is a floor level mattress type bed... might not be suitable for folks with mobility problems. AND those rooms are on the 4th floor...

Staff were extremely nice...if a little flustered at any question/request. (In an endearing way, not an irritating one!)

Was a little surprised by the area it was in.... except for the hotel everything else looked rather run down... then again I have litle experience of Bangkok! That may be normal for all I know...

Was picked up in an old (old!) tatty Volvo sedan by a driver with visions of a Formula 1 career ..... and would advise anyone booking this place to get SOLID directions on how to meet at BKK.... that was a bit of a problem for me...

For the price..... AUD$33 including the shuttle both ways...I'd have to say it was good value!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.