Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I'm flying SYD>BKK in F. I know my lounge in SYD is Air New Zealand Lounge....but would I be allowed to go in SilverKris Lounges (Singapore Airlines)?
yes sure. F passenger can go in any Star Alliance lounge with some exceptions (LH in FRA/MUC, LX in ZRH/GVA, OS in VIE, TG Spa)

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes sure. F passenger can go in any Star Alliance lounge with some exceptions (LH in FRA/MUC, LX in ZRH/GVA, OS in VIE, TG Spa)

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Thanks Bin!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:01 am

Today I flew in J on a short flight from VTE to BKK. The service was subpar compared to the outbound leg and other TG flights I have been on. Especially considering the 1:6 ratio of crew to passengers, I found it odd that standard procedures, such as providing menus and offering drinks were not followed. Even more oddly, immigration forms were not distributed in flight.

No FA was rude, so I am inclined to just forget about this subpar inflight service experience, but on the other hand I am thinking of reporting this to TG as constructive feedback. I do not want to blame or single out any employee, and am not seeking compensation.

Will TG listen to such feedback, or would I be wasting my time? At many airlines things like this fall on deaf ears.

Also, how would I contact TG to provide feedback?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:08 am

if your feedback is rather general (as you describe it) and not so specific and you have no status, then you are wasting your time.
I am not sure about your status on TG as you post often in the TG Forum but you do not indicate your status
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
if your feedback is rather general (as you describe it) and not so specific and you have no status, then you are wasting your time.
I am not sure about your status on TG as you post often in the TG Forum but you do not indicate your status
Thank you. I will just forget about it. All airlines have good days and bad days in terms of service. I am very happy with TG overall, and if this is the worst experience I have had in five years or so, that's pretty damn good.

I currently credit TG flights to UA, but am considering switching to ROP if I can attain gold status. I was thinking of switching a while ago, but the ridiculous devaluation announced and then rescinded by TG made me cautious of switching for the time being.

I fly TG preferentially and always in paid J or F (sometimes using standby upgrades), so I consider myself a loyal customer. Of course, airlines probably just judge their customers based on status...

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Mar 7, 2015 at 7:53 am
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:10 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how often Thai change their inflight entertainment?

I have flown in December, Feb and March and it is showing the same material.

I asked a member of crew but they were unsure.

Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Silverjet82
Hi,

Does anyone know how often Thai change their inflight entertainment?

I have flown in December, Feb and March and it is showing the same material.

I asked a member of crew but they were unsure.

Thanks
Every month a couple of new movies are added and some are removed. For example Birdman, which won the Oscar for best movie got in this March. Some movies of course remain for a long time
also some TV program can stay for a couple of months

of course crew does not know as they have no time to watch anything! they have to serve you DOM and Caviar!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:09 am

Does Thai ever run much in the way of special fares ex SGN to its Thailand destinations??
Going on honeymoon in July to KBV and trying to do it as cheap as possible regarding flights and i would rather fly Thai through BKK than AirAsia through DMK.
At the moment SGN-BKK-KBV on connecting tickets are around $900US for 2 or around $650 buying as 2 separate flights for 2.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
At the moment SGN-BKK-KBV on connecting tickets are around $900US for 2 or around $650 buying as 2 separate flights for 2.
What do you mean by "2 separate flights for 2"? Are you saying that is is cheaper to buy two separate tickets (SGN-BKK-SGN as a roundtrip and then BKK-KBV-BKK as a separate roundtrip)?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
What do you mean by "2 separate flights for 2"? Are you saying that is is cheaper to buy two separate tickets (SGN-BKK-SGN as a roundtrip and then BKK-KBV-BKK as a separate roundtrip)?
Yep Sure is, looking at $953.54 USD for 2 travellers in Y Buying the ticket as SGN-BKK-KBV
and
$391.96 USD for 2 SGN-BKK, 5,920 THB for the BKK-KBV tickets (or about $180 USD)

Is this normal? As that is a massive difference in price for a couple of short flights.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Firemansam
Yep Sure is, looking at $953.54 USD for 2 travellers in Y Buying the ticket as SGN-BKK-KBV
and
$391.96 USD for 2 SGN-BKK, 5,920 THB for the BKK-KBV tickets (or about $180 USD)

Is this normal? As that is a massive difference in price for a couple of short flights.
I often see similiar things on PG so I think it is normal. Perhaps not as extreme of a price differential as you're seeing, but cheaper as 2 separate tickets.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:09 pm

Thanks dsquared, looks like it might be Thai airways in Thailand ams using either Jet Airways return from SGN or VN and jet, just to get some decent connecting flights.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Does anyone know the earliest I can check in for a flight ex BKK if I'm in first?
My flight to NRT is at 7:35am, but i arrive the previous evening from DXB on EK at about 7pm.

Do you think they would be able to check me and my luggage in and allow me to use the lounge until it closes, then I would go to the transit hotel, then head back after it opens in the morning?

Or should i just spend a night at the novotel?

Any help is appreciated!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Emirates202
Does anyone know the earliest I can check in for a flight ex BKK if I'm in first?
My flight to NRT is at 7:35am, but i arrive the previous evening from DXB on EK at about 7pm.

Do you think they would be able to check me and my luggage in and allow me to use the lounge until it closes, then I would go to the transit hotel, then head back after it opens in the morning?

Or should i just spend a night at the novotel?

Any help is appreciated!
check in counter opens 0400am and it is usually not possible to check the day before the flight. But I am sure on a F passenger request they would do a exception. You would need to contact and ask them.
I would recommend you check through your luggage; then with a print out of your itinerary you can proceed through transit security to F lounge; it closes 0100 and opens again 0500
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
delayed luggage

Hi the last posts I saw about this when I searched was a while ago.

I barely made a tight connection (HKG-BKK-PER) as the flight was about an hour and a half late leaving HKG (even though boarding was on time in HKG).

3 bags, was delayed from arriving friday morning (passengers landed at Perth at 7 AM friday) got luggage back Saturday night so about 36 hour delay. Anyone know who to email and what's the normal compensation?

I used United miles if that makes a difference.

Flew first HKG-BKK and then business BKK-PER (the 787 had no first), United priced it (miles) as first class ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.