FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1641827-new-thai-airways-please-post-your-questions-here.html)

Prospero Jan 1, 2015 12:25 pm

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Thai Airways and the Royal Orchid Plus program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Thai you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Ambassadors will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.

Prospero
On behalf of the Senior Moderator team

pm6163 Jan 2, 2015 5:43 pm

online seat selection on Thai Airways web site

Used to be able to selection seats on Thai Airways web site, by going thru "Manage My Booking" tab, but now it is showing "seat map no available" for all my reservation, where can we select/change seats online for *A itinerary? thanks.

boogey Jan 3, 2015 1:02 pm

That may be related to aircraft change, nothing you can do about this online. You want to check with your ticketing agent to change seats or call TG Thai Airways to do the seat allocation for you. Hope this helps

hgp Jan 3, 2015 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by pm6163 (Post 24090994)
Used to be able to selection seats on Thai Airways web site, by going thru "Manage My Booking" tab, but now it is showing "seat map no available" for all my reservation, where can we select/change seats online for *A itinerary? thanks.

Others have reported this as well. Suggest you call your local TG office and have them do the seat reservations.

Very disappointing if this feature has been removed from the website.

jasp25 Jan 5, 2015 8:44 pm

A380 question

Thai Airways A380 FRA-BKK ---

First time flying TG. Few questions about this flight, how many meals are served in coach class and is the last economy seat in the upper deck really has limited recline (per seatguru warning)?

If you are to pick TG or NH on a 10-12 hrs flight in coach A380 on TG vs 772 on NH, which one would you pick?

kiz Jan 6, 2015 2:21 pm

Question re LHR check in

With the move across to T2 at LHR has there been any change to check in times or is it still opening at around the +3 hr mark? I'm flying out of LHR on TG917 in J next month and as a *G I'd like to get there a bit earlier and do a bit of lounge hopping beforehand. Ideally I'd like to get there about 4 or 5 hrs before.

Has anyone had any recent experience checking in at T2?

wozup12 Jan 7, 2015 8:15 am

2 questions.

1. I'm flying out of BKK with seat map showing as a 77W with all seats being allocated (no free seats). Does this mean it will be likely that the a/c won't get swapped for another 777 as there are less seats? I've done 20+ flights with TG last year and as luck would have it I always got a 772 when flying J and a 77W when flying Y. Every. Single. Time. Here's hoping the seat map actually reflects my aircraft and I finally get to try to full lie flat. Thoughts?

2. Also, I'm catching the red eye flight BKK-MEL. Was wondering if I could swap out the omelette and sausage breakfast for something from the royal silk pre order? Or will they only change the meal for the supper service and not breakfast?

Cheers

travelislife Jan 7, 2015 2:50 pm

If you preorder a meal just ask for them to hold it and serve it to you for breakfast. Then order something off the menu for supper.

abbaskip Jan 8, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm flying PG from USM to BKK in Y, then flying TG BKK to SYD in F.

Will I still get the airport benefits of BKK? I mean I know I will get lounge access, but do they have dedicated check-in at the transfer counter? And will I be taken on the cart from transfer to the lounge?

I'm actually considering flipping my trip, and doing USM first, and BKK second - so that I can enjoy all of the first benefits. My issue with this is the 4 hour connection in BKK when arriving (from SYD) and waiting for the PG flight. I assume I can't use the lounge for any of this time in BKK, as it's AFTER my TG flight?

BinSabai Jan 8, 2015 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by abbaskip (Post 24129491)
My issue with this is the 4 hour connection in BKK when arriving (from SYD) and waiting for the PG flight. I assume I can't use the lounge for any of this time in BKK, as it's AFTER my TG flight?

you can use the PG lounge in Domestic. for the other questions you will get answers in the thread you opened for that.

abbaskip Jan 9, 2015 6:50 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 24129920)
you can use the PG lounge in Domestic. for the other questions you will get answers in the thread you opened for that.

Thanks mate. I've used the PG lounges previously. Whilst obviously great for free economy lounges, they're not really on par with TG F - should I transit on the way home instead of outbound.

Really can't decide which way is the best to do this trip!

abbaskip Jan 9, 2015 8:53 am

Originally Posted by abbaskip (Post 24131475)
Thanks mate. I've used the PG lounges previously. Whilst obviously great for free economy lounges, they're not really on par with TG F - should I transit on the way home instead of outbound.

Really can't decide which way is the best to do this trip!

I guess my comparison is:
Transit outbound I get:
-dedicated F Check in inbound + all other tg ex-bkk benefits
-lounge on transit outbound - meaning lounge between pg and tg
-additional luggage for flight home after shopping in bkk
-priority checked bags, as I check in with tg f on all flights except the one way usm - bkk.

Transit inbound I get:
-beach at the end of my trip, which is preferred
-tg f lounge after a day in bkk - not as good as between flights, but still nice.
-avoid 3+ hour lay over at bkk on outbound, when getting off tg f and on to pg y.
-I miss out on priority bags on way home, as pg check my luggage through.

I guess the third alternative is, if I want to be a maximiser for the sake of maximising (cut off my ear to spite my face?) I could transit inbound, but not check through. Collect my luggage, then head on out to the tg first check in...as I said, it defeats the purpose, but I work in travel so would like the full experience.

ianp Jan 17, 2015 9:20 am

I am looking to book a Star award using Thai miles ,I have 170,000 miles to burn .
I have never booked a award using Thai before and I am looking for some advice before I start .

I have had some great awards using Dividend miles , but I dont know how "flexible" Thai are ?

I think I should be able to book BNE-BKK-NRT-NYC dest NYC-DEN stop DEN-NRT-BKK-BNE.

Do Thai ever let you make a trip in one direction without charging for a RTW trip e.g.
BNE-BKK-LHR stop LHR-NYC dest NYC-DEN stop DEN-NRT-BKK-BNE.

Any useful tips when booking with thai miles would be very welcome..

Thanks Ian

nattime Jan 17, 2015 10:26 am

i am new here i have some question to asking you guy

i have a A3*G i have plan to visit Thailand and going at UBP (Ubon Ratchathani) i look at schedule don't have TG flight just WE (Thaismileairways)

i will buy code share flight from TG

I have a question about benefit
1. Can i access TG lounge at (BKK) Suvarnabhuim
2. Can i get benefit from *G

This flight

http://www.uppic.org/image-F6B5_54BA9B32.jpg

Thank you for you kind

dsquared37 Jan 18, 2015 1:39 am

Originally Posted by nattime (Post 24184401)
i am new here i have some question to asking you guy

i have a A3*G i have plan to visit Thailand and going at UBP (Ubon Ratchathani) i look at schedule don't have TG flight just WE (Thaismileairways)

i will buy code share flight from TG

I have a question about benefit
1. Can i access TG lounge at (BKK) Suvarnabhuim
2. Can i get benefit from *G

This flight

http://www.uppic.org/image-F6B5_54BA9B32.jpg

Thank you for you kind

It's a WE flight and you'll get no *A benes; no lounge, no priority tags, no smiles.

For UBP look into Nok which has ~7 flights per day and often much better pricing.