Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by richiealexander
Hi! Thank you so much for the comprehensive info!

So based on your speculation the TG624 will not be available during my trip, and there's only one TG flight which is TG620 in the morning at 07:25am?

I will definitely monitor daily, but since the schedule still shows that TG620 still depart at the same time as TG624, I can't make any complain based on that data, but in case I can make it, what do you think SQ can offer to change my flight? I mean what kind of possibilities that will SQ address regarding this situation, from what I understand should be fully reversal miles? Or is that possible that SQ gives me another airplane ticket from BKK-MNL like from Philippines Airlines?

Thank you
OAG update:

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi – Manila
Planned increase from 1 to 2 daily unchanged

TG620/621 eff 31MAR24 777-200ER replaces A350-900XWB (Saturdays by 787-8 from 06JUL24)

TG624/625 eff 31MAR24 Service resumes with A320 instead of 777-300ER
Old Feb 8, 2024, 9:24 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
BP yesterday:

Thai Airways has placed a firm order for 45 Boeing 787 jets, with options potentially boosting the size of the deal to around 80 aircraft as it serves rising international travel demand,
industry sources.

The deal, to be formally unveiled later this month, is already reflected in Boeing's published order backlog as a contract for 45 planes with an undisclosed customer, they said. Boeing declined comment and referred questions to the airline, which did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maerim
BP yesterday:

Thai Airways has placed a firm order for 45 Boeing 787 jets, with options potentially boosting the size of the deal to around 80 aircraft as it serves rising international travel demand,
industry sources.

The deal, to be formally unveiled later this month, is already reflected in Boeing's published order backlog as a contract for 45 planes with an undisclosed customer, they said. Boeing declined comment and referred questions to the airline, which did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
Maybe better in the THAI news thread…?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:03 pm

Will TG check through bags to non-*A airlines if on separate tickets? Their site lists JAL as interline partner.

I'm flying HKT-BKK (TG) and BKK-HND (JL) with a 22hr layover in Bangkok. Hoping I can check through at HKT so I don't have to worry about my bags during the layover.

If so, when I check-in at HKT, do I go to the international check-in instead of domestic?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Elvasoshexai
Will TG check through bags to non-*A airlines if on separate tickets? Their site lists JAL as interline partner.

I'm flying HKT-BKK (TG) and BKK-HND (JL) with a 22hr layover in Bangkok. Hoping I can check through at HKT so I don't have to worry about my bags during the layover.

If so, when I check-in at HKT, do I go to the international check-in instead of domestic?
TG are under no obligation to do anything for you with separate tickets, even though JL are an interline partner.
However, the TG staff may be willing to do so - although the length of the gap between flights may lower the chances of them doing this if the JL flight is on the following day (I assume so).
Your plan B could be to fly the TG sector to BKK, collect your bag and then try checking in with JL, or store the bag at the airport.

In the absence of any other information, I'd enquire first at the domestic check-in as I am guessing you'll visit Bangkok rather than spending 22 hours at the airport - which is what the checking in at the International would probably assume you want to do. All of that said, I am uncertain regarding the current international check-in process, as my experience is dated. Others may be able to comment.
Elvasoshexai likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
TG are under no obligation to do anything for you with separate tickets, even though JL are an interline partner.
However, the TG staff may be willing to do so - although the length of the gap between flights may lower the chances of them doing this if the JL flight is on the following day (I assume so).
Your plan B could be to fly the TG sector to BKK, collect your bag and then try checking in with JL, or store the bag at the airport.

In the absence of any other information, I'd enquire first at the domestic check-in as I am guessing you'll visit Bangkok rather than spending 22 hours at the airport - which is what the checking in at the International would probably assume you want to do. All of that said, I am uncertain regarding the current international check-in process, as my experience is dated. Others may be able to comment.
yes, i understand with separate tickets they might not check through. Looking at some older threads they have, but wasn't sure about recent experiences. My backup plan was to store luggage at a locker in BKK if they don't check through.

However if I check through, would I have to clear immigration at HKT and if I go out into the city at BKK have to re-clear immigration again?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

You will not clear immigration at HKT. It's a domestic flight. Even if you had one ticket HKT BKK to Intl destination, you would clear immigration at BKK.
Elvasoshexai likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:39 am

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, so will ask here.

Is it usual for Thai Airways Breakfast options to all include seafood in Royal Silk? (BKK-LHR).

They did end up offering me the other options from the economy menu, which to their credit they plated nicely to make it not look like an economy meal!

Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tom84

Is it usual for Thai Airways Breakfast options to all include seafood in Royal Silk? (BKK-LHR).

They did end up offering me the other options from the economy menu, which to their credit they plated nicely to make it not look like an economy meal!
That does seem a bit odd indeed - first time I am seeing that. Glad the crew could sort out something else for you!
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tom84

I do wonder if there are separate menus for the two differently times flights? TG910 just after midnight, and TG916 at 13:00

Of course, one can also pre-order meals if travelling in J/F, and perhaps that could have been an option to avoid seafood (assuming you knew of this)
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:26 pm
kkl

Is it possible to add a stop over in BKK on a round trip TG award ticket? without costing more miles?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkl
Is it possible to add a stop over in BKK on a round trip TG award ticket? without costing more miles?
Yes. At least we did this on 2019 for Mrs TK’s 50% Gold Award ICN-BKK(stop 2 nights)-OSL-BKK(stop 7 nights)-ICN.
kkl likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: BRK-B
Has anyone flying SAS Plus fare (in Europe) be able to credit miles to ROP?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Has anyone flying SAS Plus fare (in Europe) be able to credit miles to ROP?
It should not be a problem, but booking class P, which can be used on quite expensive tickets is listed as non earning for ROP. And if you did a bid for an upgrade it will earn as the original class. A loophole seems to be that A which can be the absolute cheapest Plus tickets, but it is classed as business class for earnings on ROP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.