Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ctrlf
We are thinking about flying BKK-MXP (instead of BKK-FRA) to do a stopover in Milan. As i have read that Thai Airways is suspending several F-Class Routes to Europe i'm hesitating. Is F-Class safe on this route?

Thanks!
You don't indicate when you will be travelling. The further out you are booking this trip, I would think the bigger risk. Within a month or two, I would be pretty comfortable. Further out...bigger risk.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
You don't indicate when you will be travelling. The further out you are booking this trip, I would think the bigger risk. Within a month or two, I would be pretty comfortable. Further out...bigger risk.
Sorry! We're talking August
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Sorry! We're talking August
timetable indicates 744 for the whole year; but only 3-4 times weekly
now with TG making profits, I do not see further cuts on European routes
only few routes lost F such as Zurich, Rome
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
timetable indicates 744 for the whole year; but only 3-4 times weekly
now with TG making profits, I do not see further cuts on European routes
only few routes lost F such as Zurich, Rome
Thanks for the Info BinSabai ^
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:01 am

Thanks for the Info BinSabai ^
you are welcome!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:59 am

Hi, new to this site.

I'm Travelling from IAD to LHR (UA) then to BKK (TG) with a FF ticket in first (yeah)
I need to connect to REP. If I book this leg on a separate ticket on Bangkok Air will my luggage interline through to REP or will I need to retrieve it in BKK, go through immigration, and check in again?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by wernicki
Hi, new to this site.

I'm Travelling from IAD to LHR (UA) then to BKK (TG) with a FF ticket in first (yeah)
I need to connect to REP. If I book this leg on a separate ticket on Bangkok Air will my luggage interline through to REP or will I need to retrieve it in BKK, go through immigration, and check in again?
should be ok to check through; make sure to bring print out of Bangkok Airways ticket
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hi, new to this site.

You've been a member for 2.5 years but your first posts have been in the last 24 hours? Interesting.

You will likely need to grab your luggage and onward check in either LHR or BKK.

In the future keep in mind that x-posting is frowned upon.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Hi, new to this site.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
should be ok to check through; make sure to bring print out of Bangkok Airways ticket
Official United policy is to not check-through luggage on separate tickets anymore unless it is a Star Alliance partner.

OP might get lucky and can ask. Having the e-ticket printout would of course be necessary...but it is really not officially allowed by United currently.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Flying Thai J class BKK-HAN this October on the Dreamliner.

Has anyone got any photos of the menu/service offering for the flight?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vidic15
Flying Thai J class BKK-HAN this October on the Dreamliner.

Has anyone got any photos of the menu/service offering for the flight?
I flew TG J class BKK->SGN late last year on their 787. Here are some pics from the flight:

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the menu. I very likely pre-ordered my meal off their advanced selection as it is one of my favorites.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It was a very nice service for the short intra-Asia flight and the 787 seats were comfortable.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:24 am

it is a one plate J service for this short flight; starter, main and dessert on same plate
Old Mar 19, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
Thanks goodeats, that's fantastic!

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I flew TG J class BKK->SGN late last year on their 787. Here are some pics from the flight:

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the menu. I very likely pre-ordered my meal off their advanced selection as it is one of my favorites.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It was a very nice service for the short intra-Asia flight and the 787 seats were comfortable.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Earning UA miles flying TG domestic?

I'll be in Thailand this fall (already have my long-haul flights). Now planning a short getaway from Bangkok to Phuket for a few days. This is obviously a highly competitive route with multiple discount airlines, and prices are low (to put it mildly). My preference for this flight include: safety ('nuff said); reliability (high likelihood that the flight goes more or less when scheduled); and if possible, the ability to earn points in a frequent flyer program (one that I will be able to use) - specifically United's (TG's Star Alliance partner).

Years ago, when flying on TG (domestic/regional), I was able to credit miles to my United FF account. Is that still an option? If so, I'd happily spend a few bucks more for a TG ticket and get a few miles rather than taking the rock-bottom price on a LCC with no usable points.

Looking at flights on the TG website, prices are quite reasonable (though not as cheap as some of the LCCs - that's OK). What I want to avoid is after buying a (nonrefundable) ticket, then discovering that the fare class does not earn miles. Can anyone tell me what to look for - on the TG website - that would indicate a ticket does not earn miles?

Many thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I'll be in Thailand this fall (already have my long-haul flights). Now planning a short getaway from Bangkok to Phuket for a few days. This is obviously a highly competitive route with multiple discount airlines, and prices are low (to put it mildly). My preference for this flight include: safety ('nuff said); reliability (high likelihood that the flight goes more or less when scheduled); and if possible, the ability to earn points in a frequent flyer program (one that I will be able to use) - specifically United's (TG's Star Alliance partner).

Years ago, when flying on TG (domestic/regional), I was able to credit miles to my United FF account. Is that still an option? If so, I'd happily spend a few bucks more for a TG ticket and get a few miles rather than taking the rock-bottom price on a LCC with no usable points.

Looking at flights on the TG website, prices are quite reasonable (though not as cheap as some of the LCCs - that's OK). What I want to avoid is after buying a (nonrefundable) ticket, then discovering that the fare class does not earn miles. Can anyone tell me what to look for - on the TG website - that would indicate a ticket does not earn miles?

Many thanks!
Hi nwflyboy.

Earning points is specified by the FF program, not the operating carrier.

For United, you can look at the details here:https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=305
Note that it is different depending on which airline the flight is ticketed on...016 for United vrs any other ticket stock.

Also, be certain that the flight is a Thai Airways flight, and not a Thai Smiles flight. Thai Smiles is not a Star Alliance airline and will not earn anything on United's MileagePlus program. If you have Star Alliance status, it is obviously an advantage to fly Thai Airways for the benefits.

Hopefully that answers your questions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.