Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I booked an international ticket for someone I am not traveling with. AAA-BKK-CCC. Using my credit card.

I am not traveling on Thai Airways any time soon, but I will be in CCC a full day before my friend arrives at CCC.

There is a Thai Airways ticket office at CCC.

Do I really have to go to the ticket office to present my credit card and ID? IOW, will my friend be denied boarding at AAA if I don't pre-verify the credit card?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mre5765
Do I really have to go to the ticket office to present my credit card and ID? IOW, will my friend be denied boarding at AAA if I don't pre-verify the credit card?
Is AAA in Thailand or abroad?
Have experience only when start in BKK and yes they still ask for credit card and I had to pre-verify it once when I paid for someone else...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:54 am

I booked an international ticket for someone I am not traveling with. AAA-BKK-CCC. Using my credit card.

I am not traveling on Thai Airways any time soon, but I will be in CCC a full day before my friend arrives at CCC.

There is a Thai Airways ticket office at CCC.

I have never not verified my credit card when purchasing tickets for others - so do not know what really will happen if you do not do that - but yes, per TG's rules you are supposed to do that.

I believe there is also the option of faxing in a credit card authorization form, for cases when it is impossible for the purchaser to visit a TG ticket office.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Is AAA in Thailand or abroad?
Have experience only when start in BKK and yes they still ask for credit card and I had to pre-verify it once when I paid for someone else...
I have been asked consistently in ICN, and occasionally when departing SIN and AKL. To the point that we think carefully when Mrs TK is flying and ensure she uses her CCrd if I won't be there (as the travel guy).

Like BinSabai and MikeFromTokyo, I have pre-verified my card with THAI (and also CX and MH) when appropriate (faxing the appropriate form) - in one case paying for relatives flying from BKK to AKL when I was living in NZ.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
AAA is not in Thailand.

OK, message received. Will try to verify this in advance. And hope the ticket office in CCC is open on Sunday. I wish airlines had less archaic means to do this stuff. FAX? Good lord!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:13 am

When I buy tickets for others, I scan and email a pdf of the printout from the TG ticket office to the passenger. It is probably unnecessary, but having proof that the PNR has been properly notated as credit card verified could be helpful in case any questions are asked at check in.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
When I buy tickets for others, I scan and email a pdf of the printout from the TG ticket office to the passenger.
Right, I gathered that too would be necessary. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:18 am

Right, I gathered that too would be necessary. Thanks.
It should not be necessary if everything works properly, but it is good to have as backup in case of a glich (or if the check in staff are incompetent).
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It should not be necessary if everything works properly, but it is good to have as backup in case of a glich (or if the check in staff are incompetent).
I emailed the ticket office in BBB, and this was the supervisor's response:
Credit card verification is not required as already verified by system using master card secured code.
Passenger can travel without showing the card.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I emailed the ticket office in BBB, and this was the supervisor's response:
Credit card verification is not required as already verified by system using master card secured code.
Passenger can travel without showing the card.
Interesting, I have been using 'Verified by Visa' but even for my own card I have still (sometimes) been asked to show my CCrd.

Just purchased ticket for son in NZ to travel to Asia in Dec, and will report the process/outcomes.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Interesting, I have been using 'Verified by Visa' but even for my own card I have still (sometimes) been asked to show my CCrd.

Just purchased ticket for son in NZ to travel to Asia in Dec, and will report the process/outcomes.
The THAI office in Seoul needed me to complete a detailed authorisation form, and took copies of the credit card and passport. Although she said there was no no issue, she also provided me a printed copy of a number of booking entries (from the GDS system they use) which besides a range of stuff had a 'text shorthand' line effectively stating that credit card has been verified and passengers had no need to present the card.

I gently noted this seemed a very archaic process, which got a korean 'knowing semi-smile' acknowledgement.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I gently noted this seemed a very archaic process, which got a korean 'knowing semi-smile' acknowledgement.
not all admin processes in Korea are less archaic than this one... (doing over 20 years biz there...)
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
not all admin processes in Korea are less archaic than this one... (doing over 20 years biz there...)
Tell me about it - two years living here has provided more that enough experiences for me
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:11 pm

I got a 1,5 hour layover from Brussels in Bangkok to Manila in September. Is that enough?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by jester500
I got a 1,5 hour layover from Brussels in Bangkok to Manila in September. Is that enough?
usually yes if you can check through your luggage and only need to go through transit security; max waiting time there during peak hours is 30 minutes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.