Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:50 pm

thanks for the response! We’re both thai citizens. Can’t Mom go through immigration in Krabi when her flight to India is on a different reservation?

Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
petey2428 you might be frontrunner for the most complicate problem situation of the year

let me try to go ahead step by step
If you do a domestic flight first and then want to stay in transit in BKK, you have to do international check in at your first destination in Krabi. Usually you can only check in internationally if you can check through your luggage to the international destination. But as your mom's luggage will be checked under the name of your sister (who is flying with you), she can check in internationally, will get a C.I.Q. sticker, go through immigraton in Krabi (note that domestic and international departure areas are usually separated). Upon Arrival in Bangkok, she has to follow the groundstaff holding C.I.Q. sign and at beginning of Termina B on the left side is the entrance to transit security, which goes directly into the international departure area
Now to your case: If you intend to accompany your mom to the international area in BKK, you would also have to check in internationally and do the same as above. However as you have technically left Thailand, you would have to go again through Immigration in BKK and enter Thailand (going from international departure to international arrival area is not a problem, just take the Elevator down). Not sure about your nationality and whether this creates an issue if you leave and enter Thailand at the same day. It is certainly not usual to do so and if you mention your Intention to check in personnel in Krabi, they will probably not let you do this
as for the Priority Pass Lounge: those are now called Miracle Lounge (as owned by Miracle Group; in the past those were called the Louis Tavern Lounge). You do not need to have a Priority Pass. You can as well simply purchase entrance. I think they are around 1000 Baht per 2 hours (the normal Business Lounges, the First Class might be more expensive). Look up on the Website where they are exactly located and which one has shower
Did I cover all your issues or did I miss anything?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by petey2428
thanks for the response! We’re both thai citizens. Can’t Mom go through immigration in Krabi when her flight to India is on a different reservation?
Good catch. Yes, PG will decline to interline so she can't avail herself of immi in KBV. However for Thai nationals immigration is fairly easy and quick at the automated gates so that's not a problem unto itself.

Putting this all into the sequence there's no apparent reason why you can't meet her streetside and accompany her airside only to go back through immigration entering the Kingdom; you're a national.

If that's worth avoiding the cost of a lounge pass it appears possible.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Why does TG911 EVER take off on time ? The last 30 days shows it taking off twice within 5 mins.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Why does TG911 EVER take off on time ? The last 30 days shows it taking off twice within 5 mins.
because incoming TG910 is scheduled to arrive more then 5 hours earlier. There is plenty of Turnaround time and even if the incoming flight is heavily delayed, TG911 can still leave on time
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:25 am

Sorry I should of said "doesn't". The scheduled departure time is 11.50am from LHR however most of the time it's at least 30mins late and quite often an hour late taking off.
Surely 5 hours is enough to turnaround the plane.

You can see the last 7 days at flightrader

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg911
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Sorry I should of said "doesn't". The scheduled departure time is 11.50am from LHR however most of the time it's at least 30mins late and quite often an hour late taking off.
Surely 5 hours is enough to turnaround the plane.

You can see the last 7 days at flightrader

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg911
relevant are the arrival times, there is always some spare time in the schedules (scheduled time is on such long routes close to one hour longer then effective flight time) and very seldom does a plane leave the gate exactly or even before the scheduled departure time.
So there is only one small delay of 12 minutes (after a departure of more than one hour after schedule) among the 7 listed flights
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:25 am

Yes, I understand the arrival time is more crucial but as a frequent flyer most of my flights depart on time, BA Emirates, Ethihad etc. Seems odd that Thai ALWAYS leave late. Why not push back the scheduled departure time so that we're not wasting an extra 30-60mins at the airport.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:05 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
It could be that TG are ready to depart on time but are being held by ATC. I'm always happy for a later departure since it means I have less time to wander around BKK in sleepy mode until the connecting flight.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. With all that immigration hassle, I think I'm just gonna tell my mom to pay the 1000 baht for lounge access.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:34 am
kkl

Does TG interline baggage to CX J?

Flying TG F BKK
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:12 pm

according to this yes; if seperate ticket, it could be a problem as CX is quite restrictivehttps://www.thaiairways.com/en/Terms...e_partner.page
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:50 pm
kkl

Yep separate tickets.

I'll check in online for CX and see how it goes. Will report back tomorrow
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Yep separate tickets.

I'll check in online for CX and see how it goes. Will report back tomorrow
good luck! on the other side, going through immigration, pick up bags and recheck is not such a hassle in HKG. in particular you do not get another two immigration stamps like everywhere else in Asia
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:34 pm
kkl

TG F handled everything. Baggage interlined on separate tickets checked all the way to final destination with CX.

As I checked in online for both legs, had to visit transfer desk in HKG to receive boarding and lounge passes. Was advised that they needed to key in the baggage tags into their system too as I checked in online.

Not sure how that works though..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.