Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: TG*G
Thta's how it looks like after proceeding:

Might take a few minutes now until the free seat appears again in the booking tool, since I did not book (at least I remember this from earlier bookings via the ROP tool).
Thai-Kiwi and drawar like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thanks morrissey_ohz

drawar Looking at your dummy paid booking YQ component is actually THB 4495 (not 750), and total fees are THB 5245.

For the award booking taxes and surcharges total THB 5310, so almost nothing in it.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: KFEG
Thanks morrissey_ohz and Thai-Kiwi , will go ahead and book them tonight!
morrissey_ohz likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Quick question, how much time should I factor in if landing at 1pm from DOH and needing to collect bags and transfer to a domestic flight to CNX? Haven't booked the CNX flight yet and there are plenty of options.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by irish_goat
Quick question, how much time should I factor in if landing at 1pm from DOH and needing to collect bags and transfer to a domestic flight to CNX? Haven't booked the CNX flight yet and there are plenty of options.
Two hours should be enough, but you never know - on separate tickets you need to factor in potential delays to the inbound flight, immigration queues etc
irish_goat likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if on business or higher and therefore immigration fasttrack and if you are rather familiar with the airport, there should be no problem
if not, it's a bit tight
make sure that your flight to CNX leaves from the same airport as many flights of budget carriers leave from Don Muang and in this case, 2 hours are definitely not sufficient
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Factor in an hour or two potential delay, and max one hour to walk to immigration and wait for bags (biz class with fast-track took us 30 mins three days ago arriving at D4), then checkin closes around 40 mins before departure (I think some domestic airlines are 50 mins for checkin closure)

So I’d allow four hours.

You’ll probably have three hours to spare, but there’s a couple of basic lounges available if you have PP, or. free lounge for all passengers, even economy, if flying bangkok airways.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: hahaha
I'm planning to buy a single segment WE fare from BKK to SGN. I'll buy it through the TG website, so it seems like it's a TG-marketed/WE-operated flight.

I'll absolutely need my Star Alliance Gold +20kg checked baggage bonus for this trip (for a total of 60 kg carried).

Problem is, I know that WE doesn't honour *G checked baggage weight bonus when flying them without other *A segments connecting...

But since the ticket is TG-issued and TG-marketed, could I still get this weight bonus somehow?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asovse1
I'm planning to buy a single segment WE fare from BKK to SGN. I'll buy it through the TG website, so it seems like it's a TG-marketed/WE-operated flight.

I'll absolutely need my Star Alliance Gold +20kg checked baggage bonus for this trip (for a total of 60 kg carried).

Problem is, I know that WE doesn't honour *G checked baggage weight bonus when flying them without other *A segments connecting...

But since the ticket is TG-issued and TG-marketed, could I still get this weight bonus somehow?
Officially, no unless your *G is from THAI ROP *G.

This can be inferred from the lounge access rules: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_NZ/ex...e_Policy.page?

Maybe just consider buying the Premium fare, but other *G benefits are unlikely to be granted. 60kg is a lot of checked baggage, the issue could be mitigated through reduced baggage?

You might be lucky at check-in, but that is not a sound basis for planning……
asovse1 likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jul 20, 2022 at 4:02 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by asovse1

You will not be so lucky. Best is as Thai-Kiwi suggests to buy a Smile Plus ticket and recuse to the according allowance.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:43 am

Seat Reservation

Originally Posted by hgp
Others have reported this as well. Suggest you call your local TG office and have them do the seat reservations.

Very disappointing if this feature has been removed from the website.
Tried phoning Thai's London office to be met with auto reply sayiing all staff Working from Home & are not answering calls. Emailed them 3 times in the last 2 weeks but still no positive response.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by royboy22
Tried phoning Thai's London office to be met with auto reply sayiing all staff Working from Home & are not answering calls. Emailed them 3 times in the last 2 weeks but still no positive response.
I suggest you call the THAI office in Bangkok. Operates 24/7 and my periods on hold have been < 1 hour. This is +66 356 1111.
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jul 22, 2022 at 3:59 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:36 am

I'm looking to make an award booking on TG with ROP, but do not currently have sufficient points to do a search on Thai Airways' website.

Is there anyone who could help check availability and taxes for Business Class on TG409 (BKK-SIN) on 25 October 2022, please?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by yuayua; Jul 22, 2022 at 1:48 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:26 am

Website says....
BKK-SIN TG409 Oct25 1 Silk available, none on 24th 2 Silk on 26th
20,000 miles 2885 THB Fees and taxes.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:58 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 11277m
Website says....
BKK-SIN TG409 Oct25 1 Silk available, none on 24th 2 Silk on 26th
20,000 miles 2885 THB Fees and taxes.
Thank you so much for the additional days too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.