Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
is it a common problem that you can't amend passenger details on the website?
Bought my ticket through Thai website.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mfgr
is it a common problem that you can't amend passenger details on the website?
Bought my ticket through Thai website.
Sadly, yes. Try downloading and using the THAI App.
Or alternate website like SAS.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:25 am
kkl

What are the current EU routes TG operate at the moment?

LHR CDG FRA anything else?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kkl
What are the current EU routes TG operate at the moment?

LHR CDG FRA anything else?
Google is your friend?

They definitely operate CPH as I am taking that one tonight..
kkl likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Google is your friend?

They definitely operate CPH as I am taking that one tonight..
Also MUC. ✈️
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Hertz Presidents
Greetings. Newbie to this lounge as well. I've read threads back to 2020, before asking what must have been asked many times so apologies if I'm being redundant here :-)

Is availability for booking F in Thai's program better than with partners, as is I think the case with Singapore Airlines?

Been trying to get onto Thai F via a redemption for ages (like everyone else I'm guessing). Used to be able to book Thai F via UA in a pinch. Now, nada. I have miles accumulated with UA, AS, but as mentioned finding F redemptions from NYC to BKK are not happening. (Best I am able to find is JAL F in AS into TYO area, then no luck to BKK or reverse.) I can move points from banks to Thai but am trying to gain some sense of if this is worth doing. Any advice is appreciated.

I see up thread I'd need to transfer points to Thai before I could search, and enough for an F award. One other poster asked if someone could search for him/her and I saw Morrisey was nice enough to show results. I'd want to tinker with dates, but looking at travel from NY in Sept or October this year, returning a month or two later.

It has been a long time since I went to BKK, so am very rusty. Thanks for any tips, and sorry to be so long winded.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Presumably you are looking for F redemption NRT-BKK?

The 77W has a small F cabin of 8 seats, and I am not aware of how many reward seats are made available.

Availability on ExpertFlyer is sparse. I had a bit of a look found just 1 F award BKK-NRT Sat 12 Nov:

First - Award/Upgrade O Yes TG 676 0 BKK
12/11/22 8:00 NRT 12/11/22 15:50 77W Daily
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Presumably you are looking for F redemption NRT-BKK?

The 77W has a small F cabin of 8 seats, and I am not aware of how many reward seats are made available.

Availability on ExpertFlyer is sparse. I had a bit of a look found just 1 F award BKK-NRT Sat 12 Nov:
Gee that was nice of you Thai-Kiwi thanks. I just looked in my United Miles account to see if I could do a partner redemption but it's not showing that seat. Is ExpertFlyer better that it was when it first came out? I had tried that once ages ago but it didn't work for me. I might just be too much of a dummy but had little luck getting what I 'saw'. (Sorry if asking this is a 'hijack'!)
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olindacat
Gee that was nice of you Thai-Kiwi thanks. I just looked in my United Miles account to see if I could do a partner redemption but it's not showing that seat. Is ExpertFlyer better that it was when it first came out? I had tried that once ages ago but it didn't work for me. I might just be too much of a dummy but had little luck getting what I 'saw'. (Sorry if asking this is a 'hijack'!)
I have used it for 8 years or so. The functionality I want has been consistently present. Not sure how awards are being shared between Star Alliance partners, but there may be reduced availability as demand for paid fares is high.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:21 am
kkl

There seems to be slightly extra availability on ROP compares with star alliance awards
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:04 pm

Is there any way to contact Thai ROP by phone? I have sent an email but the confirmation link which they sent is invalid.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuayua
Is there any way to contact Thai ROP by phone? I have sent an email but the confirmation link which they sent is invalid.

Yes, the 24/7 service centre is great +66 2 356 1111. English speaking staff are competent un my experience.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:16 pm

I tried to make an award booking up to the page when it shows the taxes and miles required. I left the page and, when trying to book the same flights shortly after, they were gone.

Does the system hold the flights for a particular period of time before it releases them back for booking? How long does it usually take?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuayua
I tried to make an award booking up to the page when it shows the taxes and miles required. I left the page and, when trying to book the same flights shortly after, they were gone.

Does the system hold the flights for a particular period of time before it releases them back for booking? How long does it usually take?
They don’t hold them at all if you abandon the booking process. You may have just had bad luck that another was also looking at the same time.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
I've used the search tool to dig a little, but I couldn't find an exact answer- how do I book into a specific fare code? I'm earning on OZ, and I know most Y fare codes earn 0% on them. I'm trying to do TPE-BKK-LHR and Super Save, Saver, and Flexi all show as "Class V" (one of the 0% earning codes) when booking on the TG website for my desired date of travel. Full Flexi shows M, a code that earns 100%. ITA Matrix shows there are tickets available in fare codes that will earn me 75% or 100% for cheaper than Full Flexi but I'm not sure if I'll have any luck calling TG and asking them specifically for fares in one of those letter codes. Anyone else have any success doing this or will I have to go to a third party agency (or pay up for Full Flexi)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.