Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: their are many of them
ok so question how if the Current F product on the 747. what is the product like on the FRA-BKK route at present. Is the TG a fun and worthwhile expierence with the present product on 747
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:39 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by pogonation
What airline is SR?
SR - How nostalgic. You made my day, I feel 15 years younger!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: BMI Blue, CX Gold
What're the best seats for a couple with the new configuration?

I've looked on Seatguru, but it doesn't seem to have an up to date seat map, and based on the seat map I've got to choose from (with 9F seats) the only seats together seem to be 3E & F? That can't be right, surely...?

Also, can anyone give anymore insight into how much separation there is between the seats? i.e. even though 3E & F are next to each other, are there walls that make them feel isolated? Is it possible for them to be opened out into one larger suite for a couple?

Last edited by The_Bhoy; Apr 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by The_Bhoy
What're the best seats for a couple with the new configuration?

I've looked on Seatguru, but it doesn't seem to have an up to date seat map, and based on the seat map I've got to choose from (with 9F seats) the only seats together seem to be 3E & F? That can't be right, surely...?

Also, can anyone give anymore insight into how much separation there is between the seats? i.e. even though 3E & F are next to each other, are there walls that make them feel isolated? Is it possible for them to be opened out into one larger suite for a couple?
Nobody has seen the new config so it's pretty much impossible to answer your questions.

Seatguru will possibly cotton on to the fact it exists by about 2016!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: BMI Blue, CX Gold
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Nobody has seen the new config so it's pretty much impossible to answer your questions.

Seatguru will possibly cotton on to the fact it exists by about 2016!
Ah, ok. I thought they were using it for CDG already? Or is that just the 77W?

I did wonder why I couldn't find any trip reports...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by The_Bhoy
Ah, ok. I thought they were using it for CDG already? Or is that just the 77W?

I did wonder why I couldn't find any trip reports...
77W is a different product with a different layout. I'm sure the 74N will make an appearance somewhere prior to its official debut. However I think it might be safe to assume that 3E/F is the only pairing.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I have a BKK-SYD-BKK scheduled for late Dec/early Jan...should these be in circulation by then removing the possibility of 10 hours on the all series?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Hmmm...decisions, decisions. I'm currently scheduled in F BKK-FRA in late August on the leased 9W 77W. However, the 747 that day is now reflecting the new config (9 seats in F). So...do I take the risk and switch to the 747 and possibly get the old product, or do I stick with the "sure thing" on the leased plane?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Hmmm...decisions, decisions. I'm currently scheduled in F BKK-FRA in late August on the leased 9W 77W. However, the 747 that day is now reflecting the new config (9 seats in F). So...do I take the risk and switch to the 747 and possibly get the old product, or do I stick with the "sure thing" on the leased plane?
Do you really want to play the THAI version of Russian Roulette? It goes like this: 5 out of 6 have bullets, only 1 is blank. That blank is your chance of getting the new 9-seat version.

Stick with the 77W
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kittiyut
Do you really want to play the THAI version of Russian Roulette? It goes like this: 5 out of 6 have bullets, only 1 is blank. That blank is your chance of getting the new 9-seat version.

Stick with the 77W
^
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kittiyut

Stick with the 77W
True. And I already know that TG is notorious for swapping A/C types. Would your answer change closer in (like early August) and if the new birds were already being seen on that route?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:59 am

you may be right, but FRA is one of their most important routes. It only happened few times that the new (and soon to be old) first product was *not* on the BKK-FRA route.
When I checked in April 2011, only one flight within 2 months was flown with the old F.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Just booked HKT-BKK-HKG award in F. Any chance that the 747-200 HKT-BKK will have the new seats? I know it is a short hop but it would be a nice treat.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Madone59
Just booked HKT-BKK-HKG award in F. Any chance that the 747-200 HKT-BKK will have the new seats? I know it is a short hop but it would be a nice treat.
you don't mention when you will be flying. Anyway it won't be a 747-200.

It will be a BOEING 747-400.

The configuration could be 'anything in the Thai fleet on the day'.

Domestic you just never know
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dazz81
you don't mention when you will be flying. Anyway it won't be a 747-200.

It will be a BOEING 747-400.

The configuration could be 'anything in the Thai fleet on the day'.

Domestic you just never know
I am flying in December, and according the UA booking tools it is a BOEING 747-200, which is all I have to rely on. Does not mean it is right, just means it is what I have.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.