TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Old Dec 4, 11, 4:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
Posts: 283
TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Aircraft Interiors has just revealed TG's newest F suites, the suites are completely different to the A380 ones, the new suites are kinda similar to CX's and 9W's but with higher walls and without doors, their choice of material is much better than their A380 one. Can't wait till it is officially on the 747

Thai has definitely thought of this one through, I personally think that this is much better than SQ's and EK's
When I saw the images, my eyes were wide open (The shocked look)
Link to article:http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...d#/56e8bb6d/53

Images:

g.yau is offline  
Old Dec 4, 11, 6:12 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Posts: 2,293
I like this a lot!
wheresmybagba is offline  
Old Dec 4, 11, 8:05 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas area, TX
Programs: AA EXP (2MM), AS MVP 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott PLAT, Hilton DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, IHG PLAT
Posts: 742
Cant wait to try them out
utpharmdoc is offline  
Old Dec 4, 11, 8:46 pm
  #4  
NoY
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Abu Dhabi, Phuket, London
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, EY Gold, QR Gold, CX, SQ
Posts: 4,555
Looks like they have got this right interesting to see how long it takes to roll out
NoY is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 7:32 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: HKG
Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 402
Pity the overhead bins are still there

Looks nice, but on the narrow side and a real shame they didnt remove the overhead bins like CX. Makes a huge difference.
CPwingwalker is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 7:53 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 915
Bewildered

I don't get it .
On which birds are they going to fit these seats first ?
On the 744 or the 747 currently being retrofit with new Y and C seats, and if the latter why not do it at the same time ?
Why is it that TG cannot have any consistency in its product offering. I like these new suites, but then how come they have chosen an inferior product for their flagship A 380's ?
I think I know the answer and it boils down to the proverbial TG mix of incompetence and corruption.
pansted00 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 8:24 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
Posts: 1,574
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Looks like they have got this right interesting to see how long it takes to roll out

I agree - these look very good indeed
gallagher is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 8:40 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland OR & Bangkok
Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
Posts: 598
Originally Posted by pansted00 View Post
I don't get it .
On which birds are they going to fit these seats first ?
On the 744 or the 747 currently being retrofit with new Y and C seats, and if the latter why not do it at the same time ?
Why is it that TG cannot have any consistency in its product offering. I like these new suites, but then how come they have chosen an inferior product for their flagship A 380's ?
I think I know the answer and it boils down to the proverbial TG mix of incompetence and corruption.
Yes, TG's management is incompetent and corrupt - any Thai company that the politicians can get their hands on will always be (corrupted).

Now to answer your questions...

These new F seats will be fitted on the 6 newest 747 in the fleet - version 7442 - THAI calls them 747 all series - Biz & Y seats will also be retrofitted.

THAI has 12 of the so called "new F" (10 seats in F) - version 7443 - THAI uses 744. 6 of these will be retired (the 6 oldest). 6 are being retrofitted with new Y with IFE. I think the last one is due out by the end of the year. All should've been done by now, but the flooding of DMK airport delayed things.

Incompetence and corruption aside, I think it makes sense that they are not wasting money updating aircrafts that are going to be phased out. Why not do it at the same time? Well they need those birds to make money!
kittiyut is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 10:16 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denmark, SK*G ( EBD), BA (silver), FB (Silver)
Posts: 437
Originally Posted by kittiyut View Post
Yes, TG's management is incompetent and corrupt - any Thai company that the politicians can get their hands on will always be (corrupted).

Now to answer your questions...

These new F seats will be fitted on the 6 newest 747 in the fleet - version 7442 - THAI calls them 747 all series - Biz & Y seats will also be retrofitted.

THAI has 12 of the so called "new F" (10 seats in F) - version 7443 - THAI uses 744. 6 of these will be retired (the 6 oldest). 6 are being retrofitted with new Y with IFE. I think the last one is due out by the end of the year. All should've been done by now, but the flooding of DMK airport delayed things.

Incompetence and corruption aside, I think it makes sense that they are not wasting money updating aircrafts that are going to be phased out. Why not do it at the same time? Well they need those birds to make money!
Looks great - I wonder what this will do to the F-sold-as-C-routes (e.g. ARN,CPH to BKK/HKT). THese flights are often full, so they can definitely sell a whole 747, but I doubt they will sell this new product as C.... ??
GreatDane is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 10:35 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: HAJ
Posts: 236
in which time frame they will do this?
Psychowildfire is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 12:29 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CPH
Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Posts: 579
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
Looks great - I wonder what this will do to the F-sold-as-C-routes (e.g. ARN,CPH to BKK/HKT). THese flights are often full, so they can definitely sell a whole 747, but I doubt they will sell this new product as C.... ??
Maybe they will use the 7443 config once all the 7442's are refurbished in 2012? Would be nice, but not very likely. At least not until TG has received all the A380's. My best guess is that PE will be all gone and CPH/ARN will be a standard C/Y config served by a 772 or A330, maybe with increased frequency. Very unfortunately, considering the quality of the present soft product in C and PE from Scandinavia.
BHIL is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 1:51 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WAS/ Silver Spring, MD,USA
Programs: UA/AA
Posts: 847
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire View Post
in which time frame they will do this?
In the next life.
Paiteaw is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 3:09 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,067
I find it amazing they still can't get a consistent business class product. They should have 2, and only 2. Longhaul (on all A380, 747, A340, B777) and shorthaul (domestic and flights under 3 hours in Asia).
travelislife is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 4:18 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Posts: 2,293
Originally Posted by travelislife View Post
I find it amazing they still can't get a consistent business class product.
It's not exactly an unusual situation.

SQ has multiple J class products.
EK has multiple J class products.
QF has multiple J class products.

Very few airlines have a consistent J class product actually. BA is probably very close with Club World, save for a few 767s.
wheresmybagba is offline  
Old Dec 5, 11, 4:57 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,469
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba View Post
Very few airlines have a consistent J class product actually. BA is probably very close with Club World, save for a few 767s.
Not to forget those 318's from LCY.

I'd say Lufthansa is the only big carrier have a consistent business class - a mediocre seat in all aircraft.
view is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread