Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Has anyone a clear pictures of which 744 are going to be retrofitted with what, and what is the status as per today?
The old All-Series with 14F seats is being retrofitted. As far as I know none have yet entered service.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by *A Flyer
The old All-Series with 14F seats is being retrofitted. As far as I know none have yet entered service.
HS-TGY is nowhere to be seen so perhaps it is first up?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:33 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
HS-TGY is nowhere to be seen so perhaps it is first up?
That is quite possible. She was at UTP for D-Check. She could then be converted to the new config (dubbed "74N") right afterward.

According to the Summer TPI, TG920/921 is scheduled to be operated by 74N starting 1 August. They need at least 2 aircrafts for that (preferably 3 aircrafts for operational consistency). Usually the first retrofitted aircraft will take longer to retrofit and re-certify (for the last retrofit, there was a delay of up to 3 month between first and second retrofit aircraft) so I think if they want to stick to the plan they should start with HS-TGY now.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by spk
That is quite possible. She was at UTP for D-Check. She could then be converted to the new config (dubbed "74N") right afterward.

According to the Summer TPI, TG920/921 is scheduled to be operated by 74N starting 1 August. They need at least 2 aircrafts for that (preferably 3 aircrafts for operational consistency). Usually the first retrofitted aircraft will take longer to retrofit and re-certify (for the last retrofit, there was a delay of up to 3 month between first and second retrofit aircraft) so I think if they want to stick to the plan they should start with HS-TGY now.
The other thing about HS-TGY - doesn't she need a new paint job? That could also be where she is.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:59 am
spk

Yes. Since D-Check usually means the aircraft is almost totally dismantled and reassembled, I think they will also give her the new livery.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So went thru 5 pages, and can't seem to find when the planes will be fitted with the new F?

Any chance it will be this year?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by lsed
So went thru 5 pages, and can't seem to find when the planes will be fitted with the new F?

So you didn't notice post #63?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by lsed

...or post #42.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:36 pm

...noticed on EF that from 01AUG the TG920/921 now shows the 9F seatmap.

1A 1K
2A 2E 2K
3A 3E 3F 3K
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Seats look really narrow. There appears to be a huge 'box' at the side of the seat which has no apparent purpose??
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
oops, my bad, I do admit I kept flipping between the images on the zmag viewer.

I think 2A would be a nice seat. 1A would be too boxed up
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:44 pm

Is there anyone who knows the registration on those that already has been changed into the 74R configuration?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Is there anyone who knows the registration on those that already has been changed into the 74R configuration?
74R being current 7443 with refitted economy - TGP, TGR, TGT, TGX...there should be a couple of others but I'm not sure which they are.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:07 pm
spk

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
74R being current 7443 with refitted economy - TGP, TGR, TGT, TGX...there should be a couple of others but I'm not sure which they are.
HS-TGO is now retrofitted and returned to service.

The following registrations are 74R: HS-TGO, P, R, T W, X

Soon to become 74N: HS-TGY, Z, A, B, F, G

Remaining 744 which will leave fleet soon: HS-TGK, L, M, N,

Already converted to freighter: HS-TGJ, H

HS-TGJ cargo conversion has been completed. She's back at BKK already.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:18 pm

Definitely keeping my eyes on this thread as I'm on MUC-BKK in June and would love to give the new F a shot! I'm getting the 777 suite from BKK-FRA on the return and I would be happy to post a trip report and compare the two

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.