Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Definitely keeping my eyes on this thread as I'm on MUC-BKK in June and would love to give the new F a shot! I'm getting the 777 suite from BKK-FRA on the return and I would be happy to post a trip report and compare the two
Unfortunately the first aircraft with this new F won't be entering the fleet until August. On 01AUG FRA will get new F daily and from 16AUG MUC will get new F daily.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Unfortunately the first aircraft with this new F won't be entering the fleet until August. On 01AUG FRA will get new F daily and from 16AUG MUC will get new F daily.
Won't they have to have multiple planes converted at that point to guarantee service? Like 4 planes as of 16AUG?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:01 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Won't they have to have multiple planes converted at that point to guarantee service? Like 4 planes as of 16AUG?
TG920/921 daily operation requires at least 2 aircraft.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:56 am

Yes they will and they should have 3-4 planes by 16AUG.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:20 am

Yes they will and they should have 3-4 planes by 16AUG.
I thought you just said that the first aircraft with the new F won't be entering the fleet until August? Can they flip 3-4 birds in the 16 days?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I thought you just said that the first aircraft with the new F won't be entering the fleet until August? Can they flip 3-4 birds in the 16 days?
I assume it's possible, probable even, that there will be 74N sneaking into service before 01 Aug. Presumably HS-TGY will be done long before then...can't see them parking up a perfectly good aircraft just to do a big reveal on 01 Aug.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I assume it's possible, probable even, that there will be 74N sneaking into service before 01 Aug. Presumably HS-TGY will be done long before then...can't see them parking up a perfectly good aircraft just to do a big reveal on 01 Aug.
Exactly what I was thinking. We will probably see them dotted around on various routes up until 01AUG when they have enough to officially start them on specific routes.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:14 am
Suspended

Am I missing something here? I was on tg nrt-bkk in February and they had the new f suites on board a 777
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:22 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
This thread is about yet newer kind of First Suite which will be installed on six 744s. The suite is different than the one on the leased 777-300ER aircraft.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
Am I missing something here? I was on tg nrt-bkk in February and they had the new f suites on board a 777
Those suites are not new but are quite old and were not developed for TG but for 9W from whom TG are renting the aircraft from. What we are discussing here are the new F seats which have been designed for TG and will be installed on their 747 aircraft.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Those suites are not new but are quite old and were not developed for TG but for 9W from whom TG are renting the aircraft from. What we are discussing here are the new F seats which have been designed for TG and will be installed on their 747 aircraft.
Yup. I am clear now. Pass me the Dom please. ... Hic ...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Looks fantastic!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
they look beautiful indeed but having flown cabins on TK and SQ i think they are great for privacy but being on a plane i enjoy being with these few people in F and watch them as we do it in cafes in the streets

i feel a bit claustrophobic in the these cabins

i love space and this concept kills this feeling on planes

I usually sit at the back of C or F and enjoy the view of graceful service of asian airlines (eg SQ, TG etc) - it s part of my flying experience

all in all i prefer the new F on SR
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ambrogz
all in all i prefer the new F on SR
What airline is SR?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
What airline is SR?
LX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.