Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Disappearing Dom

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by macabus
I would rather see TG permanently swap Bolly for Dom if it meant serving better food in F.

In my opinion, the cuisine on TG is dead last among all carriers with longhaul F.
What's the champagne served at the Thai Royal First lounge in BKK?
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by pnsnkr
What's the champagne served at the Thai Royal First lounge in BKK?
Moet
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by dazz81
Moet
Ah..so, it's in the family but not the favorite child. Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Last Fridays TG917 from LHR had three bottles of Dom and as F was full and most (if not all) in there were drinking it, the Bolly was out after an hour. Still no mention of the latter on the drinks menu.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: BA*G
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Last Fridays TG917 from LHR had three bottles of Dom and as F was full and most (if not all) in there were drinking it, the Bolly was out after an hour. Still no mention of the latter on the drinks menu.
Did C a few weeks ago and the menu simply stated "Premium Champagne' rather than list a particular brand. Wonder if F will go the same way. Fast becoming the TG 'Premium' Lucky Dip.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
In my opinion, the cuisine on TG is dead last among all carriers with longhaul F.
You did not fly UA too often, right?

F.R.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
You did not fly UA too often, right?

F.R.
I actually wrestled with that when making my comparison.

I've flown many longhauls in F on UA and AA, and the food is definitely not fine cuisine.

But the inedible garbage that TG serves is beneath even the N.A. carriers, IMO.

YMMV
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
One my last return trip LHR:BKK with TG the food on both flights was way better than I have had on the majority of flights in F on BA.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I flew LHR-BKK on the 22nd of Jan, the Champagne in F tasted like well..... not DOM. I asked them twice if it was DOM and was assured it was. I am fairly sure I know what DOM tastes like and this was not it. The fact it was not poured at the seat from the bottle did not help as well. I dislike being lied to.

Flying on the 7th of Feb BKK-FRA it was definitely DOM and poured at the seat and tasted nice.

Globalist
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Globalist
I flew LHR-BKK on the 22nd of Jan, the Champagne in F tasted like well..... not DOM. I asked them twice if it was DOM and was assured it was. I am fairly sure I know what DOM tastes like and this was not it. The fact it was not poured at the seat from the bottle did not help as well. I dislike being lied to.

Flying on the 7th of Feb BKK-FRA it was definitely DOM and poured at the seat and tasted nice.

Globalist
I hope TG doesn't ever think to start refilling empty Dom bottles with lesser champagne in the galley so they can pour from a Dom bottle at the seat.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
I hope TG doesn't ever think to start refilling empty Dom bottles with lesser champagne in the galley so they can pour from a Dom bottle at the seat.
Funny as that was exactly what I woul expect as the next step
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
[QUOTE=macabus;13446792
I've flown many longhauls in F on UA and AA, and the food is definitely not fine cuisineYMMV[/QUOTE]

Maybe not lately...
United for one, do a fantastic job in the air, I can still remember the taste of a chicken breast which had a crust on it that was to die for, and the cabin crew know how to mix a drink, none of the "grown on the southern flanks of a virgin valley", thanks be. I love the American candour, quick wit and the unpretentious no nonsense service, it is a breath of fresh air. Regardless of the choice, give me UA everytime, beats most competition world wide and the service in First is exemplary.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
How low can they go...
The same happened to me when they introduced Bolly on medium haul F flights , instead of Dom.
After sippping it, I asked the purser what brand of Champagne that was( knowing it was not Dom) , and he replied " Dom Perignon, Sir". I told him : " I don't think so", which he did not like, left abruptly and never returned anywhere near my seat ...
I know Thais do not like to lose face, but I do not care, and I do not like to be ........ed.
So far I have seen none of the promised serviced improvements for premium passengers that the new TG president talked about when he was apppointed, and quite the contrary actually .
Not that I expect much from TG anymore, anyway...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
It's very clear that there are some short comings on TG - this thread and topic clearly highlight that... However, for the most part, I think they are a decent enough airline... I will continue to fly TG C because the price is generally right, I just have my expectations set...

I am flying SQ C tomorrow to PEK - and my expectations are somewhat higher, which can sometimes lead to being disppointed...

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Feb 28, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
I just flew BKK-MUC in F and they had Dom the entire time. Food was atrocious, though. Exactly the same as when I last flew the leg in August. UA C food >> TG F food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.