Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Disappearing Dom

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 4:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Well - you can all rest easy if I'm on one of your flights - I don't like DOM!
I wish it was on tap in my kitchen...

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I really enjoy the Dom and look forward to it when flying TG F. Will the absence of Dom actually make me re-think booking TG F (paid or redemption) in favour of another carrier though...? No, it won't
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I really enjoy the Dom and look forward to it when flying TG F. Will the absence of Dom actually make me re-think booking TG F (paid or redemption) in favour of another carrier though...? No, it won't
I'm sure TG came to the same conclusion when they decided to ration Dom in favor of less expensive bubbly.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:12 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by macabus
I'm sure TG came to the same conclusion when they decided to ration Dom in favor of less expensive bubbly.
Indeed @:-)
Old Jan 24, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I think the problem is not that they are switching to a less expensive Champagne, it is more that they are doing it ON THE SLY.

They still advertise the champagne in the menu as being the Dom.... and there has been numerous documented experiences in this thread of crew trying to hide the fact that they did not have Dom on board, or making up stories that it is suddenly only for welcome drinks etc. It is obviously embarrassing for those crew members that the company is doing it this way.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by dazz81
I think the problem is not that they are switching to a less expensive Champagne, it is more that they are doing it ON THE SLY.

They still advertise the champagne in the menu as being the Dom.... and there has been numerous documented experiences in this thread of crew trying to hide the fact that they did not have Dom on board, or making up stories that it is suddenly only for welcome drinks etc. It is obviously embarrassing for those crew members that the company is doing it this way.
Absolutely. That's the pure TG comedy part of all this, and is why we love 'em!.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
I thinks it high time they reprinted the menu to refelct what is onboard! That'll cost them!

Cheers,

Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
I thinks it high time they reprinted the menu to refelct what is onboard! That'll cost them!

Cheers,

TG would never do that.

It's far too important for them to be able to promote that Dom is served in F.

Even though it's only one glass.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Dom was the last first class wine left on their menu. All other wines are well below F class standards and typically what good airlines serve in business class.
The last time I flew, I remember that they still had JW Blue on their list, but not in their stock. Wonder what will happen to the expensive liquors when all bottles are finished.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Dom was the last first class wine left on their menu. All other wines are well below F class standards and typically what good airlines serve in business class.
The last time I flew, I remember that they still had JW Blue on their list, but not in their stock. Wonder what will happen to the expensive liquors when all bottles are finished.
Very true, indeed.
JW Blue is gone for good as well.
The hypocritical manner in which TG is slowly but surely discontinuing Dom service is the best example of the lack of professionalism and culture of true customer service that has plagued TG for so long.
Don't get me started on the food in TG F...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by pansted00
Definitely had JW Blue on my flight from LHR 3 weeks ago.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:57 am

Don't get me started on the food in TG F...
OK, I'll carry the torch.

The food in TG F sucks. Period.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Definitely had JW Blue on my flight from LHR 3 weeks ago.
Are you sure. Was it not JW Gold ?
Cheers anyway
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by macabus
OK, I'll carry the torch.

The food in TG F sucks. Period.
Not even comparing to other asian carriers liek SQ or CX who are miles ahead of TG , TG F food is , IMHO, inferior in quality and variety to what is served in C on EK ,EY or QR.
Menus have been the same for god knows how many years and there seems to be very little innovation in either variety or presentation.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
They had it on my flights from LHR to BKK and back over New Year. On the return flight, I got up to walk around a bit then put my head round the curtain into the galley and asked for a blue label and I saw the FA open a new bottle of JW Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.