Wiki Posts
Search

The Disappearing Dom

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by divjan
so people do that ?....
When in F one deserves vintage Champagne - and if they want it the entire flight, IMO, it should be provided! Call me human.

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Zurich to Bangkok a couple of days ago in F.

No Dom at all.
Arghhhhh no Dom - I'm flying that route in September....
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
So, my buddy got this incredible email from TG in ZRH. Looks like this is one of the few TG stations that actually listens to customers! I've certainly never seen anything quite like this from TG anywhere else. I've redacted the names for privacy's sake:

Dear XX XXXXXXXXX,

I am back from my trip to London, I brought my daughter to an english
course...so thats why I write to you only today.

Please do accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience you had
on the Thai Airways flights.

Concerning the complaint about the things you mentioned; We fully agree,
you are right in every aspects and I discussed it with our General
Manager here in Switzerland. He took your complaint to Bangkok (he flew
there yesterday) and he will discuss the upcoming problems (surely other
passengers will be confronted with the same problem) with the
appropriate department.

We would like to do utmost to satisfy you on the flights to Thailand and
we do hope that you did not cancel your flights yet. Could you please
tell us on which day you inteded to fly to Thailand. Perhaps until then
we could make the appropriate changes with the blankets, the champagne
and the unprofessional, unfriendly service. We really try our best. And
thanks to you we have something in written and forwarded it to Thailand,
so they could see that this is a serious complaint.

May we have your private address in order to send you a small gift.
Thanks so much for your critical words and please be assured that we
really do utmost to reinstall all items which we cancelled due to cost
savings.

With kindest regards
XXXXXX XXXXX
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
So, my buddy got this incredible email from TG in ZRH. Looks like this is one of the few TG stations that actually listens to customers!
This is indeed astonishing, wow. Maybe a sign of better times to come?

I for myself was satisfied with the amount of Dom, FRA-BKK on 26. Let´s see what -hopefully- happens tomorrow.

F.R.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: EBG
I am shocked to see a repy from Thai!
Having sent 3 critical letters on their service in C, I have never heard a single word from them. Have heard several people sending critical letters to TG without getting any answers.

But one thing is that TG in ZRH takes it seriously. But what about those in the department in BKK responsible? I would guess they wouldnt even take notice. I think they need some new faces in that department. Someone from Europe for instance, that could learn them something about in-flight services, as it is clear to me that the Thais doesn't have a clue!!

BFN
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by view
Good on him, nice to see F paying customers putting in complaints to TG. They need to get this feedback, how else will they know what their customers want. How else will they improve TG to be a competitor to and from Europe?
Totally agree. Many, if not most, of the people posting and commenting/complaining about their F experience are traveling on awards. Revenue F pax concerns should be TG's number one priority. I doubt any airline cares that much about complaints from those of us traveling on awards.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
I am shocked to see a repy from Thai!
Having sent 3 critical letters on their service in C, I have never heard a single word from them. Have heard several people sending critical letters to TG without getting any answers.

But one thing is that TG in ZRH takes it seriously. But what about those in the department in BKK responsible? I would guess they wouldnt even take notice. I think they need some new faces in that department. Someone from Europe for instance, that could learn them something about in-flight services, as it is clear to me that the Thais doesn't have a clue!!

BFN
Perhaps because the letter to TG stated that 8 F tickets worth 65,000 Euros was canceled due to perceived cutbacks.

Quantifying a monetary loss usually gets a company's attention.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not wanting to spoil this 'esteemed' F thread but a data point from the lowly levels of Premium Economy on BKK-CPH-BKK recently. The champagne is not Dom of course, but at least TG does serve a proper bubbly in this old C cabin which has to be commended.

The only sad part was that after 1.5 glasses (after-take off drink with a 'lil top up) we were completely out of the stuff on the CPH-BKK flight (day time) while on the way to CPH I actually made it to 2.5 glasses as I think the late hour of the flight helped.

I asked the Upper Deck FA on CPH-BKK how many bottles they load and he said 6in total for all of PE. Okay. Well I jokingly told him that I had a bottle of M&C Rose in the overhead bin from the duty free and if he could chill the bottle for me so that I can have something to enjoy during the flight. Of course I knew they wouldn't do that and it was really meant as a joke, but he must have taken that I was serious and disappeared for 5mins.

When he came back he brought a bottle from the biz cabin and topped up my empty glass to the brim. He said I could have more and just should let him know about it and he would get it. Kudos for that though I did not abuse the friendly offer further.

So they don't just run out of the DP in F but even of the lower grade champers in PE
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by demue
Not wanting to spoil this 'esteemed' F thread but a data point from the lowly levels of Premium Economy on BKK-CPH-BKK recently. The champagne is not Dom of course, but at least TG does serve a proper bubbly in this old C cabin which has to be commended.

The only sad part was that after 1.5 glasses (after-take off drink with a 'lil top up) we were completely out of the stuff on the CPH-BKK flight (day time) while on the way to CPH I actually made it to 2.5 glasses as I think the late hour of the flight helped.

I asked the Upper Deck FA on CPH-BKK how many bottles they load and he said 6in total for all of PE. Okay. Well I jokingly told him that I had a bottle of M&C Rose in the overhead bin from the duty free and if he could chill the bottle for me so that I can have something to enjoy during the flight. Of course I knew they wouldn't do that and it was really meant as a joke, but he must have taken that I was serious and disappeared for 5mins.

When he came back he brought a bottle from the biz cabin and topped up my empty glass to the brim. He said I could have more and just should let him know about it and he would get it. Kudos for that though I did not abuse the friendly offer further.

So they don't just run out of the DP in F but even of the lower grade champers in PE
Nice effort from the FA - let there be bubbles!

Cheers,

Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:14 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Flew MUC-BKK on July 30 and 2 bottles of Dom were consumed. Mind you there were just two of us in F. The FA was pushing the other brand of champers but brought out another bottle of Dom when the first was consumed.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Plenty of Dom Pérignon Millésime 2000 (for me, anyways) offered without asking on last night's flight ZRH-BKK in F. ^ The bottle was brought to the seat, also for the pre-take-off drink.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Plenty of Dom Pérignon Millésime 2000 (for me, anyways) offered without asking on last night's flight ZRH-BKK in F. ^ The bottle was brought to the seat, also for the pre-take-off drink.
That sounds like my kinda flight...! Book me in.

Cheers,

Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by goliath
Good news - I'll be on that flight in a couple of weeks hee, hee!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: EBG
Maybe not very nice of me to think this way, but could it be that they try to hold back on the champers in order to bring them with them when they leave the plane after the flight? It could get them a lot of extra money to be able to sell a bottle of Dom P in Thailand?

Just a thougt after reading this tread!

BF
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway
Maybe not very nice of me to think this way, but could it be that they try to hold back on the champers in order to bring them with them when they leave the plane after the flight? It could get them a lot of extra money to be able to sell a bottle of Dom P in Thailand?

Just a thougt after reading this tread!

BF
Flight crew have to go through customs, and would be in a great deal of trouble if they couldn't produce a receipt for something like a bottle of Dom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.