Reload this Page >

Error Message when updating Wiki

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error Message when updating Wiki

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:56 am

I'm still showing both, The Complete Guide to the Turkish Airlines Fleet and The Complete Guide to the Qatar Airways Fleet wiki's gone.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 8:27 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
UGH, thank you everyone. I've let tech know about all these bugs
N515CR likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:22 am
Administrator

Editing is back, tech said the other issues will likely be fixed on Monday
LoganFlyer and Pilot37 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thank you! I was successfully able to edit the wiki on my DO thread. You and the dev team are invited to the party

There are two buttons now next to the edit button, "Lock" and "Hide" -- I can see these on threads/wikis I started, as well as on those I have not. I'm hoping this doesn't mean someone can arbitrarily lock or hide the wiki on my thread. If implemented properly, I think these would be great enhancements (to semi-permanently hide a wiki, or to lock it from future editing).

-J.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Editing is back, tech said the other issues will likely be fixed on Monday
Confirmed on my end for the two threads I mentioned here. Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I’m not seeing the wiki for the LAX Happy our thread

I’m not seeing the wiki for the LAX Happy our thread, FYI I’m using my iPhone. I remember when I initiated it I had to use my laptop. Any thoughts, or anyone near a laptop desktop whom can take a peek?

The LAX Area Happy Hour Thread
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:03 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I’m not seeing the wiki for the LAX Happy our thread, FYI I’m using my iPhone. I remember when I initiated it I had to use my laptop. Any thoughts, or anyone near a laptop desktop whom can take a peek?

The LAX Area Happy Hour Thread
I am able to view in Chrome/Windows

Interestingly, it appears this wikipost retained its "See More" button
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I am able to view in Chrome/Windows

Interestingly, it appears this wikipost retained its "See More" button
Thanks, I’ll look over the weekend Via my laptop to try to reinstate it because I can’t see it on my iPhone. Thanks for the quick reply. Happy holidays!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Thank you! I was successfully able to edit the wiki on my DO thread. You and the dev team are invited to the party

There are two buttons now next to the edit button, "Lock" and "Hide" -- I can see these on threads/wikis I started, as well as on those I have not. I'm hoping this doesn't mean someone can arbitrarily lock or hide the wiki on my thread.
I see them, too—and I hate Hate HATE that the mechanism for expanding a wiki has now been relegated to a “Show more >>>” link in regular type at the left. COME ON. Regular users wanting to view the wiki is a far more common action than editing or anything else; it absolutely needs to be more prominent & its own full-fledged button. (Maybe hire someone who understands the concept of UX, because whoever is making these changes clearly has no earthly clue.)

If implemented properly, I think these would be great enhancements (to semi-permanently hide a wiki, or to lock it from future editing).
I don’t understand at all what these are supposed to be doing. IIRC, mods can already lock a wiki using tooling available only to them. And when I click Hide, it just displays the word Hidden but seems to do nothing else—as opposed to the “^” button for rolling up a wiki into not displaying even the first few lines.

If the IB keyboard-tappers have so much free time, I suggest they stop “improving” things with this sort of inexplicable change and instead fix the numerous ways in which the wikis got broken years ago. The lossage from that previous round of “enhancements” was reported many times by me & others but never, ever dealt with. (I’ll happily recite the breakage types exactly one more time, but only if I get a commitment that someone will finally make a run at fixing them.)

TLDR: if you won’t fix the stuff you broke before, please stop. Every round of changes makes things worse.
KARFA and Sisosig like this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 8:16 am

Wiki’s in any thread cannot be viewed on iPhones iOS
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Just another reason why Android is better

-J.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
concur
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Just another reason why Android is better
wrong

Originally Posted by DELee
Update: wiki content for the above thread now shows at the top of the thread in the "FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides" section dated Dec 31, 69, 4:00 pm.
when I click “Hide” the display puts an orange “Hidden” at the top, but I then have to click the adjacent blue icon to actually hide that post

and the next time I open that thread, the supposedly hidden post at the top reappears

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 17, 2022 at 10:35 am
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jrl767
when I click “Hide” the display puts an orange “Hidden” at the top, but I then have to click the adjacent blue icon to actually hide that post

and the next time I open that thread, the supposedly hidden post at the top reappears
Guess it is a new feature.

David
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
the wiki in GW’s New Year’s Eve “Bugger DO” thread is editable, but it has the aforementioned header with the 1969 date and the issue with the orange “Hidden” notation

using Safari on iPhone
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can hide the “wiki” on any page of a multi-page thread, but it reappears with the orange “Hidden” notation after selecting another page

c’mon, developers and coders, these sort of UI issues should *never* make it out of the second round of testing
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.